06 dumping fuel out of carbs,drained fuel out of bowls,tried tapping(if float was sticking).no drip with key on from pump pressure but will start pouring after 30seconds of riding,swapped plugs,stuck at hotel so no tools to really work on it.any ideas on issue?

I had something similar happen like that once where I had a tank vent plugged and it was building high pressure against the float needles.. I know,,, I know I know,, I am weird,,, normally a plugged tank vent will result in the tank forming a vacuum (trying to get a step ahead of the nay sayers here) and the carbs NOT getting fuel but under certain circumstances = the opposited can happen - at least it did to me.

Is this like a 2nd Gen - tank over the top of the carbs? Maybe try shutting off the pet cock and starting the scoot, let it run until its not flooding and then slowly opening the petcock to the point that it will meter only a certain amount of fuel thru and keep the carbs from flooding out.. Maybe you can ride it like that to get home on?? I would even try disconnecting my fuel pump and running off gravity feed...

Lots of options,, just gotta dink around till ya find one that will get cha back on the road.. I once lost a fuel pump on a 1st Gen out in the middle of the desert and ended up blowing pressure into my bikes vent hose with my mouth to pressurize the tank and force gas into the carbs,, worked GREAT - rode almost 2k miles like that to get her home (I would rather ride than wait for parts if I can)... Fiddle with it,, you will figure out something!!

You said you drained the carbs? You obviously have at least a screw driver to get the drains out? You are getting fuel out of all four drains?? See if you can shoot some carb cleaner in through the drain holes. That may soften up whatever the float is stuck on. Have some rags handy so it doesn't drip carb cleaner into the V. If you can get the carbs to drain and the fuel pump will fill all four carbs back up, disconnect the fuel line at the tank petcock, drain the carbs, and rig a hose to draw straight seafoam out of the can, through the fuel pump and fill the carbs with seafoam (drains back in) and let it sit several hours or overnight ideally. If you can block the bike to sit up straight that would be ideal. That's your only really options for cleaning the carbs on the bike with minimal tools.

2 things because you are stuck and yes its late in the day for an answer...

So last fall I had this happen on one of the bikes (but I always tour with tools);)

Use what ever a quarter say to remove the drain plug, take a coffee stir and gently wiggle it up touching the float. She's likely jammed side to bar!

Next best is to remove the air filter, cup your hand over the over the carb while turning the engine over.. Then lift and repeat while continuing to spin the engine!

You are oscillating the bowl pressure!

You aren't far off cowpuc that can happen at the carb vent, worsens with high temps....!

For future disconect the fuel inlet from tank above pump, mix a 50/50 of seafoam and gas run engine, when you suspect dirt in carbs.. Not this time

Funny now, I just checked the date,oh borther

Edited by Patch