IGNORED

SiriusXM trial

I had thought that the SVTC came with a Sirius 3 month trial that was activated when called in to Sirius with the radio ID. I activated it this weekend but was told by a Sirius rep that they didn’t show a promotion and I should check with my dealer. I did, they checked with Yamaha and said that there never was a 3 month trial but they have had other dealerships have owners come in with the same request. I’ve checked all my documentation and can’t find anything so I have to assume that I’m having a wishful thinking senior moment but thought I’d mention it here to see if anyone recalls the 3 month trial on early promotions. I really like the weather and traffic updates on the infotainment screen especially the radar view.

I had thought that the SVTC came with a Sirius 3 month trial that was activated when called in to Sirius with the radio ID. I activated it this weekend but was told by a Sirius rep that they didn’t show a promotion and I should check with my dealer. I did, they checked with Yamaha and said that there never was a 3 month trial but they have had other dealerships have owners come in with the same request. I’ve checked all my documentation and can’t find anything so I have to assume that I’m having a wishful thinking senior moment but thought I’d mention it here to see if anyone recalls the 3 month trial on early promotions. I really like the weather and traffic updates on the infotainment screen especially the radar view.

No free trial like you get with a new car or truck.

I wish Sirius would offer the lifetime subscription again.

I found this out the same way you did...and boy was I PI$$ED!!! Not only did I have to pay to activate the radio, but to also activate the traffic and weather features. $30K and they couldn't pony up the dough for a year long trial? I definitely made that a point of contention in my survey from Yamaha. ALL of my Chrysler/Ram vehicles have come with 1 year on radio, 5 years on traffic/weather.

I found this out the same way you did...and boy was I PI$$ED!!! Not only did I have to pay to activate the radio, but to also activate the traffic and weather features. $30K and they couldn't pony up the dough for a year long trial? I definitely made that a point of contention in my survey from Yamaha. ALL of my Chrysler/Ram vehicles have come with 1 year on radio, 5 years on traffic/weather.

Honda only gives you a 3 month subscription on their cars.

I have no problem with them not giving a subscription, I refuse to pay for Sirius XM monthly, I had life time subscriptions in the past and they end up more than paying for themselves if you keep the vehicle for a few years.

To bad they dropped the lifetime subscriptions because that is the only way they will get me back.

Honda only gives you a 3 month subscription on their cars.

I have no problem with them not giving a subscription, I refuse to pay for Sirius XM monthly, I had life time subscriptions in the past and they end up more than paying for themselves if you keep the vehicle for a few years.

To bad they dropped the lifetime subscriptions because that is the only way they will get me back.

Thing is they did advertise the 3 month trial on one of the earliest promotions but pulled it down on all subsequent ones. Unfortunately I did not take a screen shot. I agree the life subscriptions were the way to go, 3 separate subscriptions for 3 different vehicles are a bite. I really like the weather radar so will bite the bullet for my upcoming out west trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is they did advertise the 3 month trial on one of the earliest promotions but pulled it down on all subsequent ones. Unfortunately I did not take a screen shot. I agree the life subscriptions were the way to go, 3 separate subscriptions for 3 different vehicles are a bite. I really like the weather radar so will bite the bullet for my upcoming out west trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also like the weather alerts that come across the screen..."Tornado warning... Seek shelter immediately and Kiss A$$ goodbye."

I also like the weather alerts that come across the screen..."Tornado warning... Seek shelter immediately and Kiss A$$ goodbye."

Mine kept popping up "Tropical Storm Warning, what in the hell are doing out riding big dummy!"

:rotf::rotfl::crackup:

Then there was the "Flash Flood Warning, You aren't riding in a freaking canoe skippy!"

Agree 100%!I made a similar comment on my survey as well. I also “let em have it” regarding all the software issues on a new vehicle. A very poor QA job from the development team IMHO. They should have been aware and corrected EVERY nuance of ANY issue prior to releasing what is otherwise a top tier bike. At least the SVTC is not having the issues the new Goldwing is! Have you seen some of the videos & reports? I’d be really ticked off to spend that kind of money KNOWING the FIRST THING I have to do is pony up another $1800 just to make the suspension right! No thank you.

Agree 100%!I made a similar comment on my survey as well. I also “let em have it” regarding all the software issues on a new vehicle. A very poor QA job from the development team IMHO. They should have been aware and corrected EVERY nuance of ANY issue prior to releasing what is otherwise a top tier bike. At least the SVTC is not having the issues the new Goldwing is! Have you seen some of the videos & reports? I’d be really ticked off to spend that kind of money KNOWING the FIRST THING I have to do is pony up another $1800 just to make the suspension right! No thank you.

Plus labor of $800 dollars so you are looking at spending $2,600 dollars right out the door to make the suspension work properly and not ride around on the bump stop on the front end all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my new SVTC a week ago Friday. last Friday called SiriusXM and asked about a free trial like I got in my new Ford pickup. They gave me a free 3 month trial on the bike no questions asked. Took about 20 minutes on the phone with them and it works great. Used it all weekend. Good thing is I have a trip from TX to Rochester MN and back in July so will have Sirius to use on the trip plus music on my phone.

Sirius radio sucks A** anyway....way too expensive and sh*t music choices. $5 a month for unlimited Pandora....and make your own stations.....much , much better. Only issue data rates could apply......I have an unlimited data plan. I had a free 3 months subscription from Sirius....and threw it away!!

And if that doesn't work......download music and play it off your phone or USB.

Sirius radio sucks A** anyway....way too expensive and sh*t music choices. $5 a month for unlimited Pandora....and make your own stations.....much , much better. Only issue data rates could apply......I have an unlimited data plan. I had a free 3 months subscription from Sirius....and threw it away!!

And if that doesn't work......download music and play it off your phone or USB.

I agree with your assessment of Sirius "radio" -- it is crap, has been for the 10 or more years I have had free trials in this car or that car. I even have an xm radio in my current car, and add to the BS: No channel 100! You get Jason Ellis for your shock jock. Jock itch, more like it.

I got a 12 month free trial for the K1600, I asked nicely for them to suspend it that first winter, that said "No." and I don't even count this issue amongst the reasons I hate them.

Sometimes for fun I put it on channel 08 and hold my breath until they play "Come On Eileen" -- I have not passed out yet. Worst song EVER.

K

I've had Sirus in my car since 5/11 when I bought it. First 3 months free then I have called and told them I will drop it if I don't get the $25 for 5 months. They always do it.

Got my radio swapped by Hyundai warranty and then somehow got it free for 3 years,,, whoopie.

Now, back to forcing them into promos, last got it for 1 year for $50. I just have to remember to call to cancel a day or so before it can roll over. I'm good at that.

(I listen to classic rock or 60's & 70's and some talk radio. Don't listen to radio on my GW trike, don't have any on my RSTD.)

I have XM lifetime in my Titan. It's great. Most of the time I bounce around 6-7-8 oldies and 114. I can listen to the same station from coast to coast. No more leaving the radio on scan while traveling across Nevada.