IGNORED

forward controls

tecn0

looking for forward control set up new bike for me 84 ventura royale found a set on ebay used they want like 600 dollars for them no way used with skuffs anyone got any ideas where to locate the set up wanna make this bike truly mine got to be different I ride a lot of miles from pa to maine to see family and I hope this ride is as awesome as everyone says I do have a complete parts bike also first one I bought basket case but I figure I got pleanty of spare parts so anyone need something let me know I might just be able to spare some too thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Im looking also for a set for my 87. One guy had a set he had a buyer for at if I remember correctly $265, too rich for my broke ass but it looks like we may have to build our own. It's bad when your only response was someone asking what they are.

Im looking also for a set for my 87. One guy had a set he had a buyer for at if I remember correctly $265, too rich for my broke ass but it looks like we may have to build our own. It's bad when your only response was someone asking what they are.

I just saw this.I am getting a used and abused set in the mail soon that were on an xj750.When I get the fabricating going i can share the pics with you if you want.I have done this before,not on a big bike.I know some basic things to do first if you are interested.

I just saw this.I am getting a used and abused set in the mail soon that were on an xj750.When I get the fabricating going i can share the pics with you if you want.I have done this before,not on a big bike.I know some basic things to do first if you are interested.

I am very interested in your progress, please share your process and show pics.

I got the controls today in the mail.I will post pictures.They are heavy duty on the control side, but flimsy on the linkage side.The member here said he didnt know how i was going to get one broken bolt out.a nub was sticking out.vice,pb blasterm vice grips.came right out.lots of white oxidation on the threads.To describ-there is a heavy,probably 5/16inch thick mounting bracket,goes up by down tubes.probably engine through bolt goes through 1 hole.it has a hollow tube, about 3/4 inch diameter.That tube is welded onto the wing of the mounting plate.a long bolt goes through the middle of it,about 4 inches.its threaded on the end.the peg and brake assembly is one piece.but the brake peg is moveable, it can rotate around.as it should so the brake can ba applied.That long bolt threads into the peg assembly, the threads run bout an inch deep.The pegassembly also has a mounting type wing, with a hole drilled through the bottom.Through that hole a bolt slips through it, secured with a nut.chrome acorn would look good.That bolt is made onto a tube at 90 degree angle.That tube reaches back to the rear brake attachment. it also has a 90 degree attachment,bolt through a hole,nut on the bolt.The rear brake pedal assembly appears to be homemade.a stock one that has the pedal cut off and a hole in the bottom where this rod goes through.dime city has a better piece that would look and function better. that completes the brake side.The shifter side.mounting bracket,hollow tube,long bolt screws inside peg assembly.linkage through to either end,nut on the small bolts.the shifter peg assembly that is pinch bolted on the motor has the peg cut off.its turned perpendicular,90 degrees instead of parallel to the ground.hole in the bottom of it.bolt through that,bolt made onto linkage.simple but functional. The pegs are very heavy duty knurled look like maybe galvanized steel or very heavy aluminum or stainless.