IGNORED

My SVTC USB port 1 failed to read a 64 GB USB stick, trying lower capacity.

I had formatted an exFAT32 (for capacities over 32 GB, this is the only one, other than NFTS) 64 GB USB loaded to the max with music, of the WMA type (which the STVC can read and run), but the system could not address it, (did not see it).

This morning I have (as an experiment) two other USB FAT32 sticks ready to fit into the USB port 1, one a 32GB and the other a 16 GB, to see what is the highest capacity that the system at Infotainment v12.0.6 can address and read from. I know that the onboard system can not access USB sticks formatted by either exFAT32, or NFTS. Only FAT32...so restricted for that very reason to no larger than 32 GB capacity.

I'll report back what my findings are with those two capacities, but wanted to tell you to spare yourself some time, if you thought the system on board can read from a 64 GB capacity. It can't...at least on my v12.0.6 enabled ride. If your bike can read a fully loaded out 64 GB stick, I'd sure want to know about it, as well as the Infotainment Software version you are running to have it do so. Funny that the Infotainment Manual does not specify the highest GB capacity that can be used. If it does...I missed that.

I had formatted an exFAT32 (for capacities over 32 GB, this is the only one, other than NFTS) 64 GB USB loaded to the max with music, of the WMA type (which the STVC can read and run), but the system could not address it, (did not see it).

This morning I have (as an experiment) two other USB FAT32 sticks ready to fit into the USB port 1, one a 32GB and the other a 16 GB, to see what is the highest capacity that the system at Infotainment v12.0.6 can address and read from. I know that the onboard system can not access USB sticks formatted by either exFAT32, or NFTS. Only FAT32...so restricted for that very reason to no larger than 32 GB capacity.

I'll report back what my findings are with those two capacities, but wanted to tell you to spare yourself some time, if you thought the system on board can read from a 64 GB capacity. It can't...at least on my v12.0.6 enabled ride. If your bike can read a fully loaded out 64 GB stick, I'd sure want to know about it, as well as the Infotainment Software version you are running to have it do so. Funny that the Infotainment Manual does not specify the highest GB capacity that can be used. If it does...I missed that.

Ive run a 32GB stick since day one with all my music on it. I also mentioned in a different thread what info is needed to make sure the songs are “searchable” by your infotainment system. A 32GB stick will give you more than a WEEK of continuous music! WHY you’d need more than that I don’t know.

Ive run a 32GB stick since day one with all my music on it. I also mentioned in a different thread what info is needed to make sure the songs are “searchable” by your infotainment system. A 32GB stick will give you more than a WEEK of continuous music! WHY you’d need more than that I don’t know.

Right...it's only that I buy 64 GB's because of better cost per GB. I just bought one 16GB and one 32GB to mess around, this morning before heading out. I'm also listening to the two week Sat Radio freebie period. This...man...they know it...can get you hooked...

Today, on my way to Niagara Falls...it will be either my eclectic collection from the USB, or B.B. King's Bluesville...all brought to me, by Yamahaville... :)

Yeah...yeah...I'm having a blast owning and riding this rig...yep.

Take care...don't let the text'ers put you into the ditch!

BTW...getting an air horn installed ASAP. I had one on the Wing...and when I stoked that thing...people had to change their shorts. The SVTC needs the same...in my opinion, the stock horn sounds like the roadrunner....not adequate.

Right...it's only that I buy 64 GB's because of better cost per GB. I just bought one 16GB and one 32GB to mess around, this morning before heading out. I'm also listening to the two week Sat Radio freebie period. This...man...they know it...can get you hooked...

Today, on my way to Niagara Falls...it will be either my eclectic collection from the USB, or B.B. King's Bluesville...all brought to me, by Yamahaville... :)

Yeah...yeah...I'm having a blast owning and riding this rig...yep.

Take care...don't let the text'ers put you into the ditch!

BTW...getting an air horn installed ASAP. I had one on the Wing...and when I stoked that thing...people had to change their shorts. The SVTC needs the same...in my opinion, the stock horn sounds like the roadrunner....not adequate.

I agree! I’ve been looking at putting a Wolo Bad Boy Horn on. They have a good deal on them right now!

https://www.amazon.com/wolo-bad-boy-horn/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awolo%20bad%20boy%20horn

I was wondering that since the horn already has a relay, I wonder if it will handle the power draw??

P.S. I like the sound of the Bad Boy MAX better, but I’m concerned about fitment without modification.

I agree! I’ve been looking at putting a Wolo Bad Boy Horn on. They have a good deal on them right now!

https://www.amazon.com/wolo-bad-boy-horn/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awolo%20bad%20boy%20horn

I was wondering that since the horn already has a relay, I wonder if it will handle the power draw??

P.S. I like the sound of the Bad Boy MAX better, but I’m concerned about fitment without modification.

I'm sure it will. they don't draw much, air-horns. I have one on my Kawa that can wake the dead...or those texting themselves AND OTHERS, to death!