IGNORED

05 RSTD Cruise control not working

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way back from a ride in Jasper ARK back home to Garland, Tx with the cruise control working when entering Durant OK I hit a big dip in the road which sent me off my seat and pretty much bottomed out the shocks after that noticed the cruise had shut off so tried turning it back on but each time I turned it on the indicator light would come on for a couple f seconds then go right off, took it to the dealer and they say the cables are sticking that all electronics check out, so they tried lubing the cables but still sticking I bought the bike one year ago April with 11,700 miles on it, it now has 25,000 miles so its hard for me to believe its the cables, they say they need to all be replaced.................any thoughts on this?..........thanks

The cruise works on air.... could be a kinked line.

Also....if your brake or clutch lever are "loose" or partially "on" that would disable the system. Some people that had leather wraps/streamers on the handles had that disable the system (wind pushing back against them).

Also, rear brake will disable it too.

To test the levers....push forward on them and engage the cruise. If that works then adjust the levers