IGNORED

How many of these bikes were produced?

I was just wondering if anyone knew how many of these bikes were produced (2018 production run)? From what I understand the last digits of the VIN number is a sequence number so I’m curious as to where mine fits in. Also, is there a different sequence run for the Trans Continental version and the non Trans Continental version?

Thanks for any info...

-Doug

My Star Venture Transcontinental was the 1063 bike produced but I can't tell you if the Eluder is in the same serial number sequence with the Star Venture bikes.

The Transcontinental is just an option so its serial number sequence would include the Star Venture base model.

Being the Eluder is the same bike just a bagger version it could very well be included in the serial number sequence as the Star Venture bikes.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how many of these bikes were produced (2018 production run)? From what I understand the last digits of the VIN number is a sequence number so I’m curious as to where mine fits in. Also, is there a different sequence run for the Trans Continental version and the non Trans Continental version?

Thanks for any info...

-Doug

Hi Doug,

Target sales for the Venture is 2500 units, here is a link to Yamaha Global with some good info. https://global.yamaha-motor.com/news/2017/0607/xv1900fd.html

Also attached is the Yamaha VIN Decoding map, hope this helps.

My S/N is 685

Yamaha VIN Decoding.pdf

Hi Doug,

Target sales for the Venture is 2500 units, here is a link to Yamaha Global with some good info. https://global.yamaha-motor.com/news/2017/0607/xv1900fd.html

Also attached is the Yamaha VIN Decoding map, hope this helps.

My S/N is 685

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112503

I got s/n 694. We were probably same batch!

If you look at the bottom right side frame rail you will see a sticker similar to the vehicle information in your drivers door/door jam of your car. This sticker has information about the bike and includes the build date month and year.

My bikes build date was 11/2017 with the last four of the VIN 1063.

What are the other build dates and last four of the vin?

It would be interesting to see the build dates and how they match up with the last four of the vin numbers to see how many of our bikes were built in the same period.

My bike was six month old when I bought it on 4/2018.

I got s/n 694. We were probably same batch!

Well..this is where the how's and where'for's of Mama Yama, is weird to say the least. Here I was told (yeah..I was told a LOT OF THINGS over those 7 months..."cough, cough, B.S.! cough, cough...) that my bike was on a slow boat from Japan...and was the last of 4 coming off the line.

Well then...there were ONLY 45 SVTC's made...for my V.I.N ends with 042! So....the Yama Mama B.S. is so thick about why they had to pull back for three months...WHO they sent out SVTC's to in the pre-delivery program...and how did they come off the line, and then get assigned to that pool. Obviously, my SVTC was the 42nd SVTC off the production line.

I think there was a LOT of shenaniggans going on in the background that we all will never find out the real, or whole story about the SVTC reveal, and delayed launch. You guys are all reporting taking delivery of bikes in the 600's...and here I have one off of the line, just after the line started moving....

"Ok..so I'll answer to; "Calling 042, calling 042, where are you?!?!?" :)

As long as your blood pressure is through the roof what month was your bike built in?

There is a sticker on the bottom right side steel frame rail with that information on it.

You have your bike now, ride, enjoy it, most of what a dealer tells you is BS, I would not lay it all at Yamaha's feet.

As long as your blood pressure is through the roof what month was your bike built in?

There is a sticker on the bottom right side steel frame rail with that information on it.

You have your bike now, ride, enjoy it, most of what a dealer tells you is BS, I would not lay it all at Yamaha's feet.

It was Yamaha that told me that...lol. My blood pressure is truly not through the roof. Yep, I'm enjoying the bike now.

All of it was the weirdest thing I have ever been involved with in the simple purchase of a motorcycle. But...water past the bridge.

Agent 042 over and out, lol! Barbara Feldon...where are you?!?!?

Maybe yours was one of the bikes that they sent back to the factory and it was one of the last bikes corrected for the issue they found.

In any event you still have not posted your bikes build date.

I'm just about to go out for a wash and ride. I will get that info while doing that and post later. :)

I GOT to get past the 600 miles service...so I can go somewhere!!!! :)

Post Edit: I can't see the head stock at all...where do you look to find out the date of manufacture?!?

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

If you look at the bottom right side frame rail you will see a sticker similar to the vehicle information in your drivers door/door jam of your car. This sticker has information about the bike and includes the build date month and year.

My bikes build date was 11/2017 with the last four of the VIN 1063.

What are the other build dates and last four of the vin?

It would be interesting to see the build dates and how they match up with the last four of the vin numbers to see how many of our bikes were built in the same period.

My bike was six month old when I bought it on 4/2018.

VIN 705 Build date 08/17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well..this is where the how's and where'for's of Mama Yama, is weird to say the least. Here I was told (yeah..I was told a LOT OF THINGS over those 7 months..."cough, cough, B.S.! cough, cough...) that my bike was on a slow boat from Japan...and was the last of 4 coming off the line.

Well then...there were ONLY 45 SVTC's made...for my V.I.N ends with 042! So....the Yama Mama B.S. is so thick about why they had to pull back for three months...WHO they sent out SVTC's to in the pre-delivery program...and how did they come off the line, and then get assigned to that pool. Obviously, my SVTC was the 42nd SVTC off the production line.

I think there was a LOT of shenaniggans going on in the background that we all will never find out the real, or whole story about the SVTC reveal, and delayed launch. You guys are all reporting taking delivery of bikes in the 600's...and here I have one off of the line, just after the line started moving....

Mine wasn't far behind at 216

06/17

I bet your bike was one of the ones sent back to the factory to correct the issue they found and that is why yours took so long to get to you. It may have been one of the last bikes they corrected and sent back out.