IGNORED

Garmin 590LM

GPSCITY just got in refurbished 590LM motorcycle units. Comes with 1 year factory warranty, motorcycle cradle and mount, car mount, power stuff, etc. Refurbished by Garmin. Free lifetime maps. Ipx waterproof and built for motorcycle.

For info.

$799 new...$499 refurb.

See deal here.

http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-zumo-590lm-newly-overhauled

I like it because it has Bluetooth AND audio out, audio in and is 2 way Bluetooth compatible. So it will plug into the aux input of the RSV and will sync to your phone to play music as well as call out on phone. It has a micro sd card slot for more maps or your mp3 tunes. Or can play tunes from your phone to it and bluetooth to scoot or vice versa.

Versatile unit.

GPSCITY has videos on the 590 explaining just about everything it does. Well done too!

Yea...I bought one. Lots of coin but only one I've found that had all the features I want and had the audio out capability.

Downside... It's 2 generations down. So the latest bells and whistles aren't there or are not as well implemented.

If you are interested, suggest you search youtube for the 590LM videos by GPSCITY. They will show you all the capabilities of the unit.

Edited by videoarizona
Correction. Delete bad link

Well even if you bought the newest super zoomy model for this year and paid the almost 1k they want for it. Next year it will be old tech. So as long as the 590 has what you think is good, thats all that matters. Shoot I'm running an old 765T that was a refurb job.

• 2 weeks later...

t looks great. Lately I've just used my phone with Mapquest. My Galaxy S2 will send voice directions via bluetooth to my Sena headset; however, I don't have enough room for offline maps so if my cell signal goes, I'm boned. This looks nice. As my wife and I start venturing farther, this may have go to on a Christmas list. Thanks for posting.

Installed. Works great!!

Installation: I contacted Steve @M61A1MECH and he built a harness for me to plug directly into the cig lighter inside the fairing. From there, he pigtailed wires and connectors so I could do 2 things- run power to the GPS on the right side of the fairing as well be able to connect some LED spot light if and when I can figure out where to mount them.

The harness came and it was perfect! This is the 3rd time I've ordered from Steve and the experiences have been fantastic! Thanks Steve!

Plugged in the harness, soldered and crimped the GPS wires, mounted the bracket on the bars and did a system check before buttoning things up. The GPS now talks through the RSV audio system in the "aux" circuit using the GPS audio line out. I simply unplugged my "Y" connector that previously married the XM to the "aux" circuit and plugged in the GPS. The XM is now plugged into the GPS through it's line in. So with GPS on... the xm plays fine. Still need to do some audio level adjustments to both units, but that will come once I get time to take her for a run down the road. The GPS also has a micro SD slot. I can load additional maps and tons of MP3's with a 32 gig card. I can put my library of oldies on the card and tuck the GPS in the trunk in bad weather and listen to tunes while navigating.

I don't have a problem with the GPS needing to be on to hear the XM. I can always add an electrical isolation switch in the future. For now, the system works well.

Here is a shot of the harness pigtails. On the lower right corner is the white connector that plugs into the RSV wiring. The colored wires running off to the left is GPS power. I haven't dressed everything yet.

20180508_153853.jpg

GPS mounted on bars playing XM music....

20180508_153522.jpg

...weird angle...GPS isn't THAT big!

I left the USB power out from the GPS wrapped and tied down inside the right side of the fairing for future use if needed. Maybe to power my phone if I decide to mount it. Right now my phone can get charged in the backrest pocket as I installed a direct to battery cig lighter on lower left side behind the rear seat.

BTW, the GPS comes with both motorcycle mount and a car mount and power cables for both. Really a nice unit.

Now working on front brakes....

Edited by videoarizona
clarify and add