IGNORED

WHY air cooled....

There have been many gun discussions here. I don't have a problem with it so long as it doesn't end up about being political. There are many different opinions regarding the banning of guns but most of the discussions here have been more along the lines of the enjoyment of the shooting sports or just the guns themselves.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been many gun discussions here. I don't have a problem with it so long as it doesn't end up about being political. There are many different opinions regarding the banning of guns but most of the discussions here have been more along the lines of the enjoyment of the shooting sports or just the guns themselves.

Good, I love my collection of 1911's two Les Baer's (Stainless Custom Carry, Blued Centennial with real ivory grips), two Ed Brown's (Special Forces, Blued Centennial) and a Kimber. My Colt Python is my retirement gun when I retired from FHP, I sent it back to Colt in 2010 when I retired to have them refinish it and go through it making like new again. I also have a stainless made in Italy Beretta 92FS, a Sig Sauer P226 and a Sig Sauer P229.

Thanks for clearing this up Don,, I held my first "Pucs Shoot and Scoot" yesterday (+600 miles and almost 500 rounds of .45 ACP fired) but didnt wanna report on it till making sure we were still good to go on the gun subject here.. Now I am out of time as we are headed out for the Muskegon Motorcycle Clubs annual Spring Run... Should be another fun day!!!

Still yakkin about getting to MD,, your post about Fried Chickin for lunch may have just sealed the deal.. Will sign up real soon if so..... Please save a place at the ponds edge for us if possible = Tip says we can afford waterfront this time.. Prefer not to be near Bongo as he snores to loud,,,, anyone else is ok,, even Fool or Dan...

Get out n ride! Your friend

Puc

Mia Culpa...just doing some work...cleaning up stuff...STILL whipping around YouTube...Don...I've become a SVTC Junkie....

....the only rehab...is riding one....and not talking about it, LOL

Hopeless, huh?

Good morning!

BTW...I rethought my post...and you're welcome to re-read...cheers!

Morning Joe! Well, since you’re an SVTC “junkie”, here’s some more candy for you. Didn’t know if you’d seen this article?

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/yamaha/2018-yamaha-star-venture-first-ride.html

I hope they continue...!!!! Put me down as one to enjoy target shooting. In fact, it is one of the most strongest father/son bonding activities we do. We can spend hours, my son and I on scope set up...range set up...sippin a beer..and piercing paper...or plunking jugs and beer cans. We love it! Yes...there is a father/son accuracy competition....he keeps calling me the 'old man'...with acuity of the eyes...as the rub. I still kick his butt....every time...300-500 yards out or greater...sucks to be young...lol! Old eyes...have patience and set-up of shot, behind them...."hear that, son?"

Keep those posts coming...especially the Old West hardware. Some members here, have fantastic gear...wow!

Joe

Morning Joe! Well, since you’re an SVTC “junkie”, here’s some more candy for you. Didn’t know if you’d seen this article?

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/yamaha/2018-yamaha-star-venture-first-ride.html

Good morning! Thank you...and will click on it after posting back to you!

Chief....Christmas comes to Ontario on Tuesday, May 8th, and Santa Claus is of course dressed in RED...

No snow in the forecast...around T.O.----->ONLY SUN...gobs, of glorious ride-it-home-baby, SUN!

Life is good...life...is....good!

Post Edit: Yep,read that already...thanks for pointing. BTW...about my first ride with floorboards? WOW.....forget the pegs of the Gold Wing...never going back to that! I could move my feet...shift around on the fly...flex my toes and heels, yesterday...wow...all the years that I only had pegged for the feet, on every past ride. Going to now shut down...and get on board the Kawa. I am going to visit my friends and bring back my Corbin for her. Can't wait to try that baby out. I should have it installed by next Sunday evening...then out for a Corbin butt check...:)

Cheers,

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Ahhhhh ohhhh,,, I never ever ever knew we were not suppose to discuss guns in the forums.. Freebird ?

If this is true,,, the club has my apologies for openly violating that rule!!

Puc

Guns - okay....not guns in general but the for and against gun ownership. You are fine Puc....carry on, carry over....

• 1 month later...

It sounds like the conventional wisdom on cooling is the air cooled engines give off more heat, and liquid cooling keeps operating temperatures lower. That's just my opinion, and I should remind readers that my opinion means nothing.

I like a good contradiction as much as the next guy.

The "gives off heat" the most bike in my experience was my 2003 FJR1300. Was liquid cooled, I rode it 12 summers and I can make two observations: 1) it was famous for being "too hot" and 2) I never found it to be too hot.

"You must hate the heat" states passerby (who are you picturing when I mention a random passerby?) just-educated-enough to be harmful. Any idea why I am wearing shorts on the bike after sunset, and enjoying it?

The only time I ever burned myself while on a bike was when my bare lower left leg touched the left cylinder head on my 2006 GL1800 Gold Wing. Again with the shorts. No ATGAAT for this dude, I dress for the ride, not the crash. What would you wear to protect yourself from being trampled by an oncoming big rig? Kuryakyn highway pegs in case you are wondering "why did he have is leg where it could be burned?"

I liked the remark the chap made about "it's all air cooled." That's an insightful observation. Seems the reason to choose remote air cooling as opposed to local air cooling, is availability of air. Passive cooling, or active cooling. Inevitably active cooling will become known as proactive cooling. Passive will be renamed in-situ, you know how people are....

"Pardon me kind sir, was the Moto Cycle you offered for sale being of a variety of those cooled in-situ, or mayhap it possess that fancy, new-fangled proactive cooling?" Must be in the distant past, for in the future, people will come to claim to know everything and questions will become obsolete, and a direct-charge model will be enforced. Car salesman: That's three questions sir, I am afraid you own me 90 dollars! Customer: Do you take Visa? Nuts!

I wish my new bike would show up so I can finally learn the colour, and get in some riding. I have been passing the time by reading the owner's manual. It has been over a week since I signed the bill of sale, still no confirmation on delivery. To amuse myself I have been looking at autotrader.ca and kijiji.ca to see which Yamaha dealers have bikes, in case an in-transit swap is executed. I also have been trying to find the "Star Motorcycles" cap I got in 2001 when I got my V-Star 1000 Classic. It was the red and white one, if I can call that 'white.' The bike was, not the hat, it was a few shades of grey. So far I have examined at least 3 caches of baseball caps and no sign of it yet. Still places to look, my optimism is mid-range.

K