IGNORED

Rear tire availability status..

I noticed this info posted on another forum and thought someone with one of the new Ventures may find it useful,,, especially in a pinch:

'''Right now its extremely difficult to find any rear tires available for this bike, and you may be forced to actually order them from a dealership if you want to stick with the stock tires sizes. I've done a little research and have found a couple possible alternatives, but they are not exact matches, as the aspect ratio is a 60 instead of a 55. The stock rear tire is a 200/55R-16 (77H)

1. Bridgestone G852 ($285 - Revzilla / $241 Dennis Kirk)

200/60R-16 (79H)

2. Metzeler ME800 Marathon ($188 - Riders Domain)

200/60R-16 (79V rating)

3. Bridgestone Excedra Max ($142 Rocky Mountain ATV)

200/60R-16 (79V)

4. Avon Cobra AV72 ($192 - Riders Domain)

200/60VR-16 (79V)

5. Dunlop D251 ($283 Riders Domain)

200/60V-16 (79V)'''

I noticed this info posted on another forum and thought someone with one of the new Ventures may find it useful,,, especially in a pinch:

'''Right now its extremely difficult to find any rear tires available for this bike, and you may be forced to actually order them from a dealership if you want to stick with the stock tires sizes. I've done a little research and have found a couple possible alternatives, but they are not exact matches, as the aspect ratio is a 60 instead of a 55. The stock rear tire is a 200/55R-16 (77H)

1. Bridgestone G852 ($285 - Revzilla / $241 Dennis Kirk)

200/60R-16 (79H)

2. Metzeler ME800 Marathon ($188 - Riders Domain)

200/60R-16 (79V rating)

3. Bridgestone Excedra Max ($142 Rocky Mountain ATV)

200/60R-16 (79V)

4. Avon Cobra AV72 ($192 - Riders Domain)

200/60VR-16 (79V)

5. Dunlop D251 ($283 Riders Domain)

200/60V-16 (79V)'''

Good news, Puc...the new 18 Wing has the exact tire set, the SVTC does...so shortly, there will be other options...for the right tire, or if not near a Yamaha dealer...you can purchase or have service done, at a Honda Outlet. That for right now...can be the 'B' plan... :)

Good news, Puc...the new 18 Wing has the exact tire set, the SVTC does...so shortly, there will be other options...for the right tire, or if not near a Yamaha dealer...you can purchase or have service done, at a Honda Outlet. That for right now...can be the 'B' plan... :)

Indeed!!!!!!:thumbsup:

In all fairness and in the pursuit of open honest transparency,,,, the copy/paste I did above actually came off one of the bigger Wing site and was posted by "Fred Harmon", a well known and highly respected Winger over there so I was fairly sure of the integrity of the content and cross product application..

Speaking of tires Yamster,, the three of us (Tweeks, Tip and I) tend to be somewhat harder on tires than some folks I have read about around here.. On the high end,, a top brand rear to date has just over 7k miles of life and the bottom rung (404 Dunny) - came in at the all time low of 3400 miles worth of tour life - everything else has fallen in between those parameters for us and our touring style.. I have read of, and have no reason not to believe them cause they are upstanding members here, folks seeing as high as 21k miles out of the same rear tires I have ran off the backside of Tweeks..

I also have a nephew who owned an 06 Stratoliner (sold it to his little brother a couple years ago) who did a fair amount of 2 up touring on his Strat and his tire wear (he was always told the reason for this was the stump pulling THUD of those big pistons rapping on the back tire = told this from more than one dealership and also myself numerous times) for the rear tire pretty much always mirrored the bottom half of the per tire mileages I see on Tweeks.

I am now very curious to see/hear/read tire wear comparisons between the Venture and new Wing.. With them both being the same size motor basically and one having the smoother 6 pot engine and the other a more dynamic delivery - it will be interesting to see how running exactly the same tire will show in performance/longevity between the two...

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE A BIKER,,, IMHO of course..:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed!!!!!!:thumbsup:

In all fairness and in the pursuit of open honest transparency,,,, the copy/paste I did above actually came off one of the bigger Wing site and was posted by "Fred Harmon", a well known and highly respected Winger over there so I was fairly sure of the integrity of the content and cross product application..

Speaking of tires Yamster,, the three of us (Tweeks, Tip and I) tend to be somewhat harder on tires than some folks I have read about around here.. On the high end,, a top brand rear to date has just over 7k miles of life and the bottom rung (404 Dunny) - came in at the all time low of 3400 miles worth of tour life - everything else has fallen in between those parameters for us and our touring style.. I have read of, and have no reason not to believe them cause they are upstanding members here, folks seeing as high as 21k miles out of the same rear tires I have ran off the backside of Tweeks..

I also have a nephew who owned an 06 Stratoliner (sold it to his little brother a couple years ago) who did a fair amount of 2 up touring on his Strat and his tire wear (he was always told the reason for this was the stump pulling THUD of those big pistons rapping on the back tire = told this from more than one dealership and also myself numerous times) for the rear tire pretty much always mirrored the bottom half of the per tire mileages I see on Tweeks.

I am now very curious to see/hear/read tire wear comparisons between the Venture and new Wing.. With them both being the same size motor basically and one having the smoother 6 pot engine and the other a more dynamic delivery - it will be interesting to see how running exactly the same tire will show in performance/longevity between the two...

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE A BIKER,,, IMHO of course..:thumbsup:

I’ve got over 5k on mine so far and there’s no real discernible wear.

Then again, I’m not crazy enough like you to take a touring bike OFF ROADING.