IGNORED

Star Venture Highway pegs

I have a family member (brother) who lives out in California who also found the overwhelming need for highway pegs on the Venture and he/we came up with a possible short term solution (if your desperate) of just clamping a C-Clamp onto the floorboard to use as a make shift highway peg (we were kidding around but I told him I would actually do that before I surrendered my Iron Butt ride).. My brother ( @VentureFar ) is one who simply found he had to have the pegs to press against or face horrible back/neck/shoulder pain and ended up cutting an IronButt ride on the Venture short because of the need your talking about.. I am not sure but it seems like when that discussion was taking place a while back - someone mentioned adapting something already out there to the new bike.. No idea if that thought ever went full circle - maybe Neil or one of the other lop eared varmints who participated in that discussion will jump in here and comment to it...

Evidently Kuryakyn mounts do fit. I saw a post either here or on ultimate motorcycling .com where a new owner had already mounted them.

VentureFar...

You are correct! I’m looking at getting the Ergo II with extended arm and adjustability front & back. Not cheap though. They fit no problem on the lower bar just behind the fog lights.

the extension mount enables them to be higher than the front of your floor boards because that mounting bar is so low.

You are correct! I’m looking at getting the Ergo II with extended arm and adjustability front & back. Not cheap though. They fit no problem on the lower bar just behind the fog lights.

the extension mount enables them to be higher than the front of your floor boards because that mounting bar is so low.

How is the seat for you?

i started squiring at 60miles so when I did 540miles I sat on my air pillow and then I was fine.

I wonder if Rick Butler has tried to make one comfortable yet ?

VentureFar...

How is the seat for you?

i started squiring at 60miles so when I did 540miles I sat on my air pillow and then I was fine.

I wonder if Rick Butler has tried to make one comfortable yet ?

VentureFar...

Original was pretty hard. You obviously haven't seen my seat. Had it custom upholstered and had padding added and the tufting deepened for a better "scoop"

Go check out the pics on the thread "You can never spend too much on your a$$".

Original was pretty hard. You obviously haven't seen my seat. Had it custom upholstered and had padding added and the tufting deepened for a better "scoop"

Go check out the pics on the thread "You can never spend too much on your a$$".

Wow they is quite a seat.

Really an eye catcher.

Enjoy it.

VentureFar...

Do you have to modify anything, i.e., cut into the plastic shroud around the fog light?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No, if you have the standard clamp for 1” tubing. I think they make one that is sturdier and has locking splines on it. You only have about 1/4” clearance, so if thicker then you’d have to trim plastic. The problem is on the backside of the bar is the rear housing on the fog light. I wouldn’t want to cut into that.