IGNORED

This has been one heck of a nail biter and crazy ride folks...getting my bike!

I just got a call to my house, from Yamaha Canada, themselves..in fact from a vice-president of sales and warehousing.

I'm getting my bike...and so are three other's across Canada that are still waiting on their red metallic's SVTC.

Now..for the interested...the rest...of the story....

I'll sort of do it as a bullet format:

* Even if Puc's local dealerships are not seeing much movement on their in-stock SVTC and SV's...they have out sold, North America wide, all wild expectations of Yamaha Corp, US and Can.

* They had a tremendous total response to the Priority Delivery Program, and because of that, it starved their stock for others that did not sign up.

* The red color SVTC has far out sold the grey metallic and again caught them 'with their pant's down'.

* It is true, there are no more feasible SVTC's to come for the rest of the 2018 riding season, into Canada.

*Whatever the dealers have Canada wide..is what they are going to get for this year. (not my interpretation)

*The VP once more apologized on behalf of Yamaha Corp, for not being able to duly ship my red metallic to my dealer and appologied yet again for that. He said that they are shipping a 'surprise' to not only myself, but the other three purchasers that alongside you have been unduly waiting for their delivery.

* They will be adjusting their stock output for the 2019 model year, so there will be no long delivery times, or outright shortages. They are thrilled to be in such a position, on a totally new motorcycle platform.

We then parted ways...

I now know the true value of not calling out person's or organizations, unless you have the smoking gun. It thrills me, to no end, that my initial 'judgement' of my dealer, was valid. They did B.S. me. They did not play me. They did not NOT take the delivery in February, (this was give to me, by another dealer that 'claimed to have insider knowledge. I only say that...and let it pass down the sewer...) They told me the truth. Yamaha Canada could not, would not give them a delivery date, being that my bike wasn't even made upon the asseblly line, but now is only (still at sea) Vancouver...and will be shipped directly to my dealer's location ASAP. Same for the other three customers still waiting for theirs. He did say...that we are the last of the line for this year. So...if anybody from Canada is reading this...and want one...you'd had better haul A** NOW...into your dealer and cut the best deal you can on the showroom floor stock. This is right (whether you believe me or not) from the VP's mouth that obviously had some heat placed upon him to call me directly. So...folks...I shall ride with y'all, in probably some time in May. The ship carring the last of the Candian stock is still at sea...so...I just need to be patient. I can be now...for I KNOW that mine...(and he did say..that it has my name as the customer, and my selling dealer on the ship's manifest. Cool, and cool!

So there it is...please mentally delete all my (not knowing one way or the other) prior posts as to if..what.why...dang...posts. She is coming...and my wife and I are going to go out and celebrate that good news. We WANT this bike.

Final thoughts...anybody that has one of these babies...you can gloat! You chose a wildly popular first year introduction bike...Yamaha with all the this and that regarding whether they should have gone 4 banger, water cooled, or the way they did...is totally redundant now. This bike's demand (North America wide, pretty much wiped out the production stock...well, for this model year. Obviously they are already ramping up for 2019. One thing I would almost bet on...there ain't gonna be a 5 year warranty offered, next year. They see that is not necessary...it will probably be a two or three, like the competition. To the nay sayers, that thought nobody would take to a fully and traditional large bore, air/oil cooled tour rig. Well, the sales so far disagrees with your assessment of their choice of what engine they ended up, indeed putting into this beast!

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a call to my house, from Yamaha Canada, themselves..in fact from a vice-president of sales and warehousing.

I'm getting my bike...and so are three other's across Canada that are still waiting on their red metallic's SVTC.

* Even if Puc's local dealerships are not seeing much movement on their in-stock SVTC and SV's...they have out sold, North America wide, all wild expectations of Yamaha Corp, US and Can.

* They had a tremendous total response to the Priority Delivery Program, and because of that, it starved their stock for others that did not sign up.

* The red color SVTC has far out sold the grey metallic and again caught them 'with their pant's down'.

* It is true, there are no more feasible SVTC's to come for the rest of the 2018 riding season, into Canada.

*Whatever the dealers have Canada wide..is what they are going to get for this year. (not my interpretation)

*The VP once more apologized on behalf of Yamaha Corp, for not being able to duly ship my red metallic to my dealer and appologied yet again for that. He said that they are shipping a 'surprise' to not only myself, but the other three purchasers that alongside you have been unduly waiting for their delivery.

* They will be adjusting their stock output for the 2019 model year, so there will be no long delivery times, or outright shortages. They are thrilled to be in such a position, on a totally new motorcycle platform.

We then parted ways...

I now know the true value of not calling out person's or organizations, unless you have the smoking gun. It thrills me, to no end, that my initial 'judgement' of my dealer, was valid. They did B.S. me. They did not play me. They did not NOT take the delivery in February, (this was give to me, by another dealer that 'claimed to have insider knowledge. I only say that...and let it pass down the sewer...) They told me the truth. Yamaha Canada could not, would not give them a delivery date, being that my bike wasn't even made upon the asseblly line, but now is only (still at sea) Vancouver...and will be shipped directly to my dealer's location ASAP. Same for the other three customers still waiting for theirs. He did say...that we are the last of the line for this year. So...if anybody from Canada is reading this...and want one...you'd had better haul A** NOW...into your dealer and cut the best deal you can on the showroom floor stock. This is right (whether you believe me or not) from the VP's mouth that obviously had some heat placed upon him to call me directly. So...folks...I shall ride with y'all, in probably some time in May. The ship carring the last of the Candian stock is still at sea...so...I just need to be patient. I can be now...for I KNOW that mine...(and he did say..that it has my name as the customer, and my selling dealer on the ship's manifest. Cool, and cool!

So there it is...please mentally delete all my (not knowing one way or the other) prior posts as to if..what.why...dang...posts. She is coming...and my wife and I are going to go out and celebrate that good news. We WANT this bike.

Final thoughts...anybody that has one of these babies...you can gloat! You chose a wildly popular first year introduction bike...Yamaha with all the this and that regarding whether they should have gone 4 banger, water cooled, or the way they did...is totally redundant now. This bike's demand (North America wide, pretty much wiped out the production stock...well, for this model year. Obviously they are already ramping up for 2019. One thing I would almost bet on...there ain't gonna be a 5 year warranty offered, next year. They see that is not necessary...it will probably be a two or three, like the competition. To the nay sayers, that thought nobody would take to a fully and traditional large bore, air/oil cooled tour rig. Well, the sales so far disagrees with your assessment of their choice of what engine they ended up, indeed putting into this beast!

I'm back to the Happy Dance, side of things, once more. Cheers, all...pictures will be taken and posted as soon as I get my gal home. You can be sure of that!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-------->Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! (For real...) !!!!

Joe

That’s AWESOME Joe! CONGRATS!! Look forward to seeing you ride that puppy with a BIG smile on your face. Have you had a chance yet to actually test ride one?? OR are you buying this without having done so. I bought mine NEVER HAVING SEEN IT IN PERSON OR TEST RIDING IT! I just KNEW it was for me.

Have 80 degree weather today soooo, I need to get on the road for a bit.

Have a blessed day!

We then parted ways...

I'm back to the Happy Dance, side of things, once more. Cheers, all...pictures will be taken and posted as soon as I get my gal home. You can be sure of that!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-------->Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! (For real...) !!!!

Joe

All is right with the world once more Joe! Very happy for you. Now let’s get some riding weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s AWESOME Joe! CONGRATS!! Look forward to seeing you ride that puppy with a BIG smile on your face. Have you had a chance yet to actually test ride one?? OR are you buying this without having done so. I bought mine NEVER HAVING SEEN IT IN PERSON OR TEST RIDING IT! I just KNEW it was for me.

Have 80 degree weather today soooo, I need to get on the road for a bit.

Have a blessed day!

Nope..exactly like your M.O. Thank you for your remarks. I am right back to the finger tapping and no longer Beer Wailing...lol.

We never saw one in the flesh, Chief, but we destroyed YouTube with repeated playing of all the reveal and demo rider's vids and comments. We pretty much dismissed the comments about the heat...for as we saw that...as an asset for a 60 year old couple. Trust me...if you are near or over 60...you KNOW what I am talking about...to have warmth on your calves, ankles, and even thighs. If you are young...then you have no idea what I am typing about....lol...but give it time...one day...YOU WILL!

Chief, we finally saw a grey one in person, for my dealership had one for another early order customer..and on the day we let the dealer show off our trade-in Wing to another couple interested in seeing it...we saw that one close and up front. Of course, we never sat on it, or messed with it in any way. We just squatted and looked at the beauty. From that day...we knew 'on faith and experienced expectation' we made the right choice, to make the offer.

To now know that I am getting it...from the 'horse's mouth...wow...like a kid seeing Santa Claus down near the fireplace...that's me this afternoon! :)

Cheers,

Joe the Yamaha guy once more...

Well I for one truly dont mind eating crow,, especially when done in honor and in tribute to a brother who is allll excited (as would I be) in seeing his hopes come true of owning the motorcycle of his dreams = GOOD ON YA JOE and a MAJOR congrats to you and your bride!! Personally,, I look forward to and anxiously wait for the day to get to meet the 3 of you out CTFW!!!

Concerning the heat matter,,, you DEFINITELY are batting 100% with that comment as I know for a fact that a vast majority of todays touring riders actually do insist on and reguire the searing engine heat found only in world class touring bikes of the modern day - I actually did read those words in a recent well known motorcycle touring publication and at the time took a very real :scratchchin::no-no-no: stance on what they were saying BUT (and this is part of my willingness to eat crow), in reading your and others thoughts on the subject - I fully capitulate and can see where at this time in touring history - engine and exhaust heat on the lower extremities of 2 experienced touring riders can and is a desirable item.

This is truly going to be an amazing year for touring for us long term Venture Riders, both VR MC clubbers and others alike IMHO. As part of that historic group of rag tagged lop eared varmints, I totally look forward to sharing the open road (and hopefully numersous Hot Dog outings too) :178: and hidden corners of the North American touring adventures with you and the endless others who will be straddling this marvelous new Yamaha Venture..

Ride safe my friend and remember - many great touring adVentures dont begin until 2 people aboard a bike that has earned the privilege of being considered a 1/3 part of the team find themselves totally and completely lost while out Chasing The Front Wheel and its at that time that club forum rules dictate that the camera's come out:guitarist 2:....

Puc

Well I for one truly dont mind eating crow,, especially when done in honor and in tribute to a brother who is allll excited (as would I be) in seeing his hopes come true of owning the motorcycle of his dreams = GOOD ON YA JOE and a MAJOR congrats to you and your bride!! Personally,, I look forward to and anxiously wait for the day to get to meet the 3 of you out CTFW!!!

Concerning the heat matter,,, you DEFINITELY are batting 100% with that comment as I know for a fact that a vast majority of todays touring riders actually do insist on and reguire the searing engine heat found only in world class touring bikes of the modern day - I actually did read those words in a recent well known motorcycle touring publication and at the time took a very real :scratchchin::no-no-no: stance on what they were saying BUT (and this is part of my willingness to eat crow), in reading your and others thoughts on the subject - I fully capitulate and can see where at this time in touring history - engine and exhaust heat on the lower extremities of 2 experienced touring riders can and is a desirable item.

This is truly going to be an amazing year for touring for us long term Venture Riders, both VR MC clubbers and others alike IMHO. As part of that historic group of rag tagged lop eared varmints, I totally look forward to sharing the open road (and hopefully numersous Hot Dog outings too) :178: and hidden corners of the North American touring adventures with you and the endless others who will be straddling this marvelous new Yamaha Venture..

Ride safe my friend and remember - many great touring adVentures dont begin until 2 people aboard a bike that has earned the privilege of being considered a 1/3 part of the team find themselves totally and completely lost while out Chasing The Front Wheel and its at that time that club forum rules dictate that the camera's come out:guitarist 2:....

Puc

You know, Puc...when I kept hearing about the heat...the heat...from one YouTube blogger, on his free road demo run, Two Wheeled Obsession, or something like that...anyway... in my mind, I couldn't help it...evil laugh------->....I only could hear..."Boss...da plane...da plane..." Heat...tells you, two things...first...the bike is running, second, that you are ALIVE to sense it. All good with this guy, Puc. All good!

This bike is going to go through tires, like dough at a pizza joint....yep. Yamaha says Trans Continental, huh? Yep...yep....you betcha! ;) I wonder what will happen as we roll around to 00000 once more. Does a door pop open on the SVTC, and you get a 100,000 point air mile card springing out?!? I'll let you know in due time....

You know, Puc...when I kept hearing about the heat...the heat...from one YouTube blogger, on his free road demo run, something Obsession...anyway... in my mind, I couldn't help it...evil laugh------->....I only could hear..."Boss...da plane...da plane..." Heat...tells you, two things...first...the bike is running, second, that you are ALIVE to sense it. All good with this guy, Puc. All good!

This bike is going to go through tires, like dough at a pizza joint....yep. Yamaha says Trans Continental, huh? Yep...yep....you betcha! ;) I wonder what will happen as we roll around to 00000 once more. Does a door pop open on the SVTC, and you get a 100,000 point air mile card springing out?!? I'll let you know in due time....

Hey Joe, I have a hunch I know what the “surprise” is that Yamaha talked about. Do you remember (maybe you don’t) that I said when they had the “production delay” and I wasn’t getting my bike until December & I had ordered it in July, Yamaha gave me $1,000 to use for any Yamaha accessories I want to purchase when I took delivery.

Well, you are in a similar position & I think that you’ll receive a letter giving you $1,000 for your inconvenience!

All is right with the world once more Joe! Very happy for you. Now let’s get some riding weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, sir! The weather around Toronto this week has been dreadful. In Toronto, a major ice storm ensued with power outages, 1,400 road accidents reported by the O.P.P. and the power outages extended into the Southwest as well. Then...50 mill's of rain...my sump pump hasn't seen wet for 5 years..but I thought I heard the motor this morning...and lo and behold, there was a full well of water being pumped out! Now...we are expecting snow this evening in some areas...and they are warning of a 'snow event' for the middle of next week. This is plain insane for this time of year. Then I read that ChiefGunner has 80 degrees outside his front door. Lucky bloke!

C'mon..and move to Ontario, Canada...but bring your snow shoes....be safe at least to June...:(

Hey Joe, I have a hunch I know what the “surprise” is that Yamaha talked about. Do you remember (maybe you don’t) that I said when they had the “production delay” and I wasn’t getting my bike until December & I had ordered it in July, Yamaha gave me $1,000 to use for any Yamaha accessories I want to purchase when I took delivery.

Well, you are in a similar position & I think that you’ll receive a letter giving you $1,000 for your inconvenience!

That would be simply great, Chief! I didn't press him for exactly what they had on their minds for the four of us expectants. If that is what it is...wow...that would be great, and go a long way, towards pacifying me for the wait. We ordered about $3,000.00 in accessories, to be installed on the bike prior to delivery...so I wonder how that would work...perhaps I could take that letter into my dealer, and they could refund me (with calling Yam about it!?!?) that $1,000.00 Would help greatly. I decided for the first time ever, that I needed a heel shifter on a bike. For all our Wings, Chief, there was no way to put one on, and I can't tell you (seriously..and not funny) how many left shoes tops, just above the toes, I punched an abrasion hole in...and had to throw out both shoes. Add that up...and it is costly. I said to one guy on another forum...that actually (yes..they are charging a lot of money for the toe/heel shfter combo) this is the only true accessory that will pay for itself and not end up costing you one dime. I explained, that with a heel shifter (which I shall have to get use to on the first ride home...) there is no top shoe abrasion, at all. you press your shoe heel down on the lever...and that shifts you. What you are going to now save on expensive footwear...totally cancels out the cost of the upgrade. Guess what...he PM'me that he convinced his wife..and they bought the toe/heel shifter, themselves, lol. Yamaha should give me a commission or something..lol.

Cheers,

And here I thought that Joe Blow was from Kokamoe, is that a cousin of yeurn?

Maybe that should be Joe Blowe...or Blowhard...lol.

Or, maybe Carl...just Joe Gimmethedangbikealready

I'll answer to all those surnames! I have a well developed sense of humor...I'll answer to anything, as long as it isn't late to dinner!

Have a good weekend, friend. :)

Thank you, sir! The weather around Toronto this week has been dreadful. In Toronto, a major ice storm ensued with power outages, 1,400 road accidents reported by the O.P.P. and the power outages extended into the Southwest as well. Then...50 mill's of rain...my sump pump hasn't seen wet for 5 years..but I thought I heard the motor this morning...and lo and behold, there was a full well of water being pumped out! Now...we are expecting snow this evening in some areas...and they are warning of a 'snow event' for the middle of next week. This is plain insane for this time of year. Then I read that ChiefGunner has 80 degrees outside his front door. Lucky bloke!

C'mon..and move to Ontario, Canada...but bring your snow shoes....be safe at least to June...:(

Don't be too upset. We had a cooling off here so it was only 70 yesterday. AND today & tomorrow.... Lol!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112307[/ATTACH]

I am glad that everybody is getting their new bikes. However, I bet Harley didn't even notice the 150 SVTC's that sold into Canada and the 250 or so SVTC that swarmed the States...

I know, we are gonna both end up back out on club probation for this Duey but,,,,,,, OH HECK YEA - I TOTALLY HEAR THAT!!! Like a skeeter buzzing around the head of Clydesdale horse working out in an open field :big-grin-emoticon:

In our defense though brother,,, before all the :stickpoke::bang head::buttkick::buttkick::buttkick: starts here in the club house aimed at our little :witch_brew:,,,, something to remember is that Mom Yam invited it... Matter of fact,,, in an even worse way = so has Polaris and the,, shall we say,,,, less than transparent ways of that skeeter doing business may actually be to their demise IMHO because they openly and outrightly declare taking over double digits of the giants market BUT,,, in so doing,, they absolutely positively REFUSE to release actual unit sales numbers to, in the slightest way,, prove the truth behind their claim = I think, they think we bikers are st,, not to smart...

Because your comment is about comparing apples to apples and the apples clearly are defining themselves as chasing the same apple pie Duey - I think this is a GREAT topic for club house debate!!:happy34:

Probably aughta should both start looking for more "get out of probation free cards" now though :happy65::rotfl:

PROBATION YES (FREE CARDS NO) FREE HOTDOGS YES FOR ALL YES & POP & CHIPS FOR ALL & LIVE ENTERTAINMENT :parrots:

:happy65::happy65::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

cause when this happens and those hot dogs start flowing,, and they will,,,,,,,,, all of sudden it becomes no longer about what scoot cha ride but about whether or not ya miss getting on that hot dog train....:Laugh:

Crossing my fingers, just called my dealer, and was advised they have a bike shipment coming in today. The weird thing, is that he said that Yamaha doesn't 'head's up' what exactly is coming on that shipment. I wonder if that is because the 3rP shipper handles the load-out and manifest? No matter, I asked him to please advise if my chunk of cardboard is amongst them. If so, my communicative Harley dealer, will be crying in his beer...

My SVTC is still getting top billing on my Plan A/B billboard....:)

Crossing my fingers..there is great Toronto weather being forecast for the rest of this week..and into the next. Sunshine...68F...some clouds...and perrrrrrrrrrrfect to break in a new bike...get 600 miles loaded in on that puppy. C'mon Yamaha...get with the program....make a fella happy.

I think my first ride, will be to Tobermory, Ontario. I need to let Charlotte meet up with water...lots...of Lake Huron, fresh water (not in it...just alongside it, lol)...and sneak in a fresh fish 'n chips lunch to boot. Also...ahead of Ontario's nemesis...The Black Fly! Late May...throughout all of June...the bane of Northern and almost Northern Ontario....:(

Joe

I am glad that everybody is getting their new bikes. However, I bet Harley didn't even notice the 150 SVTC's that sold into Canada and the 250 or so SVTC that swarmed the States...

Excuse me! Your numbers are WAY off. I put my SVTC order in July 26th 2017 on Priority Delivery Program.

I was the first one in the SouthEast Region to receive my bike and MY serial # is 694!

Dont know where you get your numbers but my VIN# can prove that it’s complete hokum!

Excuse me! Your numbers are WAY off. I put my SVTC order in July 26th 2017 on Priority Delivery Program.

I was the first one in the SouthEast Region to receive my bike and MY serial # is 694!

Dont know where you get your numbers but my VIN# can prove that it’s complete hokum!

My vin ends in 1063 so that makes another 369 SV/SVTC's out there in the world since yours. As people start seeing and hearing about this bike I think it is going to be a competitor in the market.

I don't know if the bagger version shares the vin numbering.

My vin ends in 1063 so that makes another 369 SV/SVTC's out there in the world since yours. As people start seeing and hearing about this bike I think it is going to be a competitor in the market.

I agree! The bike is also being WELL RECEIVED by Harley riders everywhere I’ve gone. Like I said before, some HD riders were checking out my SVTC and when I was done telling them the functions and price + the 5 year unlimited malieage Warrantee, one of the guys said “If this is what Yamaha is doing, SCREW Harley!”

I agree! The bike is also being WELL RECEIVED by Harley riders everywhere I’ve gone.

+1

Seems like every time i stop at a place with a bunch Harley's around, i need to plan for 5 or 10 minutes answering questions about the bike.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My VIN ends in 000090, so I guess one of the early ones off the line.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk