IGNORED

I am a trader and I am sorry....bought an 86 honda

snyper316

Today I was cruising thru facebook looking for something to do. Well I found a 1986 Honda Nighthawk I just couldn't pass it up the guy was asking 600 for it so I snagged it for $560. It needs a couple of things but thanks to you all it looks easy peasy... One it needs push cable. But this little thing Moves. I let my buddy ride it and he comes back is this a 6 speed? I think it is 5 this hole time so shows what i know we found down on the motor and sure enuff its a 6 speed!! SO was thinking I would give it to my son as a replacement for his Rebel.. But after riding it I am not sure if it would be for him I don't need him killing his self on it. I can tell carbs need synced and a few other things but nothing too major that I can tell. So who here has owned one and what should I look for on this neat little thing?

Very similar to my 85 Kawasaki ZN700. Except my Kawa has 74hp instead of your Honda with 80 and my Kawa has a 5 speed. The other difference is my Kawa has a disc brake in the rear and the Honda has a drum brake. Both have shaft drive. Yep, fun to ride for sure!