Hey There,

I have the standard 2 piston front calipers on my 2000 RSV. Would love to change them out for the 4 piston version. I read many of the posts, but never really found an absolute year and make to look for replacement calipers. I got a pair on Ebay 2003 Yamaha YZF R6 YZF YZFR6, however they won't fit.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1601.jpg

Can someone tell me the Year and model, that I Should search for, for a direct replacement of the front calipers please. I already have the 14m master cylinder.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

They sure look like the right ones for the swap. Measure the mounting holes. If they are 100mm apart, they are good to go.

Oh...I believe they bolt up as is on the 1st gens, but you need to take off the caliper holder on the 2nd gens. Correct me, someone, if I'm wrong...

The attached file is a pdf from Gary Mace....includes pics...

R1_Swap.pdf

Don't know about the 2nd Gens, but the first gens starting in 86 have 4 piston calipers. I bought an R1 caliper and it doesn't look like the total pistons diameter is any larger than the stock caliper pistons. The pads are the same size. The pistons in the R1 Caliper are different sizes perhaps causing the improved braking. If your stock calipers are clean and working properly, I doubt you will see much improvement. Just my smelly opinion. I haven't installed mine yet and doubt that I will because the hose has to be twisted to mate up to the R1 caliper.

They sure look like the right ones for the swap. Measure the mounting holes. If they are 100mm apart, they are good to go.

Oh...I believe they bolt up as is on the 1st gens, but you need to take off the caliper holder on the 2nd gens. Correct me, someone, if I'm wrong...

The attached file is a pdf from Gary Mace....includes pics...

Thank you all for chiming in. The Calipers that I got, mentioned at the start of this thread, were indeed a perfect fit. I was missing one piece of information, that videoarizona mentioned. "Take off the caliper holder". An important piece of information, that perhaps I should have known, but didn't. At any rate, the new calipers are on and now waiting for the skies to clear so I can go test them out.

Sorry it took for me so long to respond to you all. Been working lots, and today was the first day that I had a chance to get out there and do the swap. Didn't do the Master Cylinder yet, gonna test out the new calipers first and decide I really need to change out the Master Cylinder.

Thanks again,

Rusty