IGNORED

rodded or custom first gens

I am about to get my 86 sorted out I think.I am leaving it fulltour stock.My 83 will most likely need a tci.It is so stripped since all the plastic is removed.I am thinking about making a custom cruiser out of it.I have seen several.One guy used a gastank from something else.I have one from a kz 1000, but thats not my plan.The low center of gravity of our bikes gastank make it very desireable.Another guy used a shelter from an 81 goldwing.That makes it look like a goldwing.I had 3 of those.Maybe the false shelter from a suzuki 1500 lc.I would remove the tour handlebars.I have some trooper style to put on.Probably flat black with red pinstripes if I get this done.I only have 24 hours in a day. I hate to buy a tci and not need it.

The low center of gravity of our bikes gastank make it very desireable.

Hey CL,

I got my 83 simply because of the under-seat gas tank. Moving that weight down low really reduces the overall feeling of bike weight. Although my venture is actually heavier than another cruiser that I own, it feels lighter.

zag

There are a couple cool bobbed Ventures here, one or two in progress and a couple others with some upper engine Vmax hardware for a hefty boost in performance to an already decent running bike. I cant seem to get anything linked off my phone but you will find them here somewhere. This issue of tank came up not long ago and using a retro tank and altering it for storage was kicked around but not sure what direction the owner went. I never get enough of the custom work. Keep us updated.

There are a couple cool bobbed Ventures here, one or two in progress and a couple others with some upper engine Vmax hardware for a hefty boost in performance to an already decent running bike. I cant seem to get anything linked off my phone but you will find them here somewhere. This issue of tank came up not long ago and using a retro tank and altering it for storage was kicked around but not sure what direction the owner went. I never get enough of the custom work. Keep us updated.
the guy with the green one did use a tank from something and moved the electrics where the tank was.i dont want to reengineer.what yamaha did worked.the giant tank on my 99 and 01 rsv made them very topheavy

• 3 weeks later...

Fired up my 83 for the first time this spring. No problems. I'm always surprised by how fast this bike really is. Just really hauls. Then I went out on one of my honda bikes which is 1100cc's and is considered fairly fast. Seemed pretty slow compared to my old venture. Nice bike.

zag

Fired up my 83 for the first time this spring. No problems. I'm always surprised by how fast this bike really is. Just really hauls. Then I went out on one of my honda bikes which is 1100cc's and is considered fairly fast. Seemed pretty slow compared to my old venture. Nice bike.

zag

I have the luxury of having both a complete 83 that the motor turns over good but wont start that will be the eventual project.And the 83 in the back yard that nothing will hurt it.Too picked over and in the weather.Thats the one I will chop up, modify,try my ideas on before I transfer it to something viable.I know real handlebars, rear subframe removed, and some sort of fillin where the electrics are exposed with the false tank cover on.I really don't want to put a gas tank up there.A guy named keith writh,maybe Kenneth wright did something with 4 cylinder goldwings I would like to do with a venture.I think his Goldwing was called wicked wings.with some effort it could be done.I do think he used fatbob tanks and not a shelter.I was thinking using a fatbob as a shelter.Who knows.Driveshafts make a limit also, but carefree maintenance free riding aint bad either.His Goldwing cruisers had a seat height of about 24 inches.Naked goldwings web site show what can be done with cutting welding and redesigning.

I am about to get my 86 sorted out I think.I am leaving it fulltour stock.My 83 will most likely need a tci.It is so stripped since all the plastic is removed.I am thinking about making a custom cruiser out of it.I have seen several.One guy used a gastank from something else.I have one from a kz 1000, but thats not my plan.The low center of gravity of our bikes gastank make it very desireable.Another guy used a shelter from an 81 goldwing.That makes it look like a goldwing.I had 3 of those.Maybe the false shelter from a suzuki 1500 lc.I would remove the tour handlebars.I have some trooper style to put on.Probably flat black with red pinstripes if I get this done.I only have 24 hours in a day. I hate to buy a tci and not need it.
Here's a pic of my naked '85. Still exploring it, I'm not the one that did the work.3c4a73bc5e8dc7de3f0a28f4e927fec6.jpgd455e6083749b756851a9a8a320b0ccc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Here's a pic of my naked '85. Still exploring it, I'm not the one that did the work.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180504/3c4a73bc5e8dc7de3f0a28f4e927fec6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180504/d455e6083749b756851a9a8a320b0ccc.jpg

that looks great.what did you use, a second gen gas tank>Are the electrics mounted where the tank used to be.Is that fabbed frame neck cover covering the overflow bottle/ That looks great.

Like I stated, I bought it like this. I'm still poking at it, trying to figure out all that was done to it regarding stuff removed, moved, and modified.

Thinking on modding the backrest off my CB900C to fit, as the better half is going to need one.1167294c4a81620066749719b921f99f.jpgd50d9388f34589c0a2701f373b915270.jpg

Like I stated, I bought it like this. I'm still poking at it, trying to figure out all that was done to it regarding stuff removed, moved, and modified.

Thinking on modding the backrest off my CB900C to fit, as the better half is going to need one.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/1167294c4a81620066749719b921f99f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/d50d9388f34589c0a2701f373b915270.jpg

that is an odd place for the gas cap.You must be using the stock tank and the tank in the picture is a cover? Have you ridden both the fulldress venture.I was wondering how much lighter and easier to ride it is the way yours is done.