IGNORED

Yamaha tech videos

GOOD STUFF!!!!:thumbsup:

Hey Murph,, short story...

The wife (Tippy) and I grab a new HD Ultra Limited at a local demo. As we are pulling out of the parking lot, the lady inside that thing up between the gauges says = turn right,, so I did.. I lean back on Tippy and tell her they must of programmed the demo route into the thing to lead around the demo ride - we're not much as far as being world class touring riders and neither of us had ever used one of these new fangdangled modern day marvels so we both just laughed and followed the directions of the lady behind the screen..

About 45 minutes later and miles from our starting point where the throngs of people were probably finishing up their free lunches and waiting in line to demo the new bikes, we came to dirt covered two track to the right that had an "Impassable Road" sign on it. Tip and I burst into laughter when the lady behind the screen said turn right :big-grin-emoticon:.. I stopped the new Harley on the side of the road, waited for the cars to clear and then leaned into the screen on the dash and said = "Mam,, I have NO PROBLEM going 2 tracking on this new bike but I would REALLY like to head home to grab our tent just in case = would that be ok?",, I got no answer.. I then looked back at my wife and told her that I thought we had been misled and I thought it best to back track and find our way to the dealership..

About an hour later when we pulled into the dealership we were shocked to find the factory rep standing there,, all alone, staring at us as we pulled in.. He started with "WHERE THE HECK (not his exact wording) DID YOU GO!!"? Then he broke inito a fairly stern explaination that we were suppose to follow the little signs around the block - about a 4 minute demo ride..

After he calmed down a little, I explained to him about the lady behind the screen and that I thought they, the factory reps, had programmed the demo route into that modern day work of marvelous machine technology and I simply followed her instructions.. Hearing this, his continence went from :soapbox: to :think: to :shock3: to :innocent: to :happy34: in a matter of seconds and then he began explaining to me that as hard as they tried = NONE of the people who were there as part of the Factory rep team could figure out how to shut that stupid thing off!!!!! In the end, he actually THANKED me for not going down that muddy, two track of an impassable road!! :biker::guitarist 2:

Puc

GOOD STUFF!!!!:thumbsup:

Hey Murph,, short story...

The wife (Tippy) and I grab a new HD Ultra Limited at a local demo. As we are pulling out of the parking lot, the lady inside that thing up between the gauges says = turn right,, so I did.. I lean back on Tippy and tell her they must of programmed the demo route into the thing to lead around the demo ride - we're not much as far as being world class touring riders and neither of us had ever used one of these new fangdangled modern day marvels so we both just laughed and followed the directions of the lady behind the screen..

About 45 minutes later and miles from our starting point where the throngs of people were probably finishing up their free lunches and waiting in line to demo the new bikes, we came to dirt covered two track to the right that had an "Impassable Road" sign on it. Tip and I burst into laughter when the lady behind the screen said turn right :big-grin-emoticon:.. I stopped the new Harley on the side of the road, waited for the cars to clear and then leaned into the screen on the dash and said = "Mam,, I have NO PROBLEM going 2 tracking on this new bike but I would REALLY like to head home to grab our tent just in case = would that be ok?",, I got no answer.. I then looked back at my wife and told her that I thought we had been misled and I thought it best to back track and find our way to the dealership..

About an hour later when we pulled into the dealership we were shocked to find the factory rep standing there,, all alone, staring at us as we pulled in.. He started with "WHERE THE HECK (not his exact wording) DID YOU GO!!"? Then he broke inito a fairly stern explaination that we were suppose to follow the little signs around the block - about a 4 minute demo ride..

After he calmed down a little, I explained to him about the lady behind the screen and that I thought they, the factory reps, had programmed the demo route into that modern day work of marvelous machine technology and I simply followed her instructions.. Hearing this, his continence went from :soapbox: to :think: to :shock3: to :innocent: to :happy34: in a matter of seconds and then he began explaining to me that as hard as they tried = NONE of the people who were there as part of the Factory rep team could figure out how to shut that stupid thing off!!!!! In the end, he actually THANKED me for not going down that muddy, two track of an impassable road!! :biker::guitarist 2:

Puc

Crazy story for sure, but one you will never forget. 👍