IGNORED

The phone call that I have been waiting for...Yeeeehawww! Let the games, begin! :)

Sounds real good Joe, bet it had something to do with the pressure you put on the dealer, who then pressured the rep, who thought it might be wise to make a phone call and eat some humble pie. But now, me being Dutch of Dutch decent and having just a little of that red still flowing in my veins, might have suggested to him that waiting is hard, very hard, but going out to buy a brand new Wing could be very easy. They hadn't delivered not even close to ON TIME so maybe a bit of 'see how sorry we are' would be in the offering.

Glad you are happy at this point, and I am sure waiting to see that machine roll onto my street.

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DANG, that was SO freakin funny, Puc! That was exactly the music rattling around in my head as I was typing....what a dang HOOT! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gawd...I'm playing your YouTube as I type this....tapping my feet back and forth....what a freakin' HOOT! LOLOLOLOLOLOL This is the first song that is gonna come out of the bike on the way home...I swear!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL

Puc rules! "...what's your pleasure...SVTC'in...that's gonna be my pleasure, Kool and the Gang!"....

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Sounds real good Joe, bet it had something to do with the pressure you put on the dealer, who then pressured the rep, who thought it might be wise to make a phone call and eat some humble pie. But now, me being Dutch of Dutch decent and having just a little of that red still flowing in my veins, might have suggested to him that waiting is hard, very hard, but going out to buy a brand new Wing could be very easy. They hadn't delivered not even close to ON TIME so maybe a bit of 'see how sorry we are' would be in the offering.

Glad you are happy at this point, and I am sure waiting to see that machine roll onto my street.

Thanks Carl...and I am right aligned with you...(even if this guy is lurking here to see what I type, or if he suspects that I am visiting the neighborhood! I did NOT see that coming...nope, frankly I had written this whole shebang off...just too weird all of it. Oh...I called my dealership to advise, that the MAN said it was coming...and they said they were just off the phone with Mom Yam...and were going to advise me, shortly of the same... Yes..I totally agree with you...the old adage..."The squeaky door, gets the oil!" I was phoning almost weekly for 'updates'....probably driving them nuts...

So...validation. Can't wait..and now I can let my enthusiasm creep out once more...this bike rocks...for everything I wanted in a tour bike...and new engine format...the power pulse of a v-twin that I have never owned, nor felt...the sound system...a C.B. once more...dang...just all of it....the only thing I need to do...is add a tour where there is my favorite commodity....OCEAN...lots....of...OCEAN. Check out any of our places we visit...there is snorkeling, swimming, boating, or just sittng by it, in all our destinations. The Atlantic, the Pacific, the Great Lakes, the St. Lawrence Seaway...show me an ocean coastline...and I'll show you a tour with a built in smile...for sure!

This year...coming to a Joe channel in High Resolution, lol! Here comes the red SVTC...there goes the red SVTC...bye..... trail of road dust disperses into the atmosphere........:)))) Sound's of Celeeeeeeeeeebration, C'mon...playing through the four speakers....two helmets rocking side to side....co-rider massaging rider's neck and shoulders...then a big hug.....bye....!

Cheers,

Interesting. We have a Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer here just outside Edmonton who got three SVTC’s (2 red and 1 grey) and one Eluder. One red was a preorder and is gone but they still have a grey and red ready to go out the door. Said they won’t be getting any more this year. Not sure about any of the other dealers in the area, haven’t checked them out. I thought three for a mid-sized dealership was pretty good. Doug

It seems to be right...a lot of Ontario dealers also got that mix...two SVTC's and one Eluder. Once they sold them...(and they did not know this on the fly...) and tried to reorder...they were stunned (I called around 10 of them...all the same story) to find out that so early in the 2018 riding season...heck, the season hadn't even STARTED yet...people were still getting out of bed...there were no more coming to the dealer. The dealer I bought from, had one very early purchase Grey sold, and I got to see that one..so was thinking WTH...with what's going on with mine? Why don't they have mine? It all bears out I guess, in the 'rest of the story' scenario. Yamaha Canada (or the Main Corp out of Japan) didn't have stock to ship them. So here is this one dealer...in north Toronto, when I called, that said he sold his red and grey SVTC, has no more coming into stock, (you could hear his anger...Yamaha is really pi**ing off their dealers up here) and said that I have an Eluder, should you wish to come and see it. I said that sorry, but I'm in the market for an SVTC. His comment? Revealing...."You and everybody else, calling!". Imagine being a dealer IN MARCH/APRIL and getting phone in's...and you don't have anything even to show them let alone order for. I'd be going nuts...and looking for another line of business to invest in....

I've never seen this before, Divey. You might in November, when the new ones are coming in...and wanting to capitalize on the prior/current year end savings....but in April, on the current model year? Jeez... Production wise, somebody dropped the ball....