IGNORED

The phone call that I have been waiting for...Yeeeehawww! Let the games, begin! :)

Looks like a mid to late May delivery.

He informed me that all my ordered accessories are now in, including my cords needed to hook our helmets hard-wired to the bike's infotainment system. Hoooooooooooooooooooooray! Can't wait to try out all the goodies...intercom, CB...all of it. :)))))))))))))))))))))) All will be installed and ready to roll, by the end of next week. Nobody can see the twitch in my fingers, as I type this...LOLOLOLOL. It ain't coffee that's causing it....

The FIRST THING coming off the bike, let along getting put on...will be that obnoxious left side safety and fuel rating sticker upon the tank. Oh yeah...as soon as I get this beauty home and in bed....

I've waited for nearly six months to receive it. We ordered last October....so this has been one heck of a loooooooooooooong winter....way too long....

I also realized that in hindsight, I had too many of the same bike...same engine configuration, same, same...(5 Wings (for touring) in a row. It was...from my anticipation level for this beauty......time for a change. Really, was time for a change....so I raise a beer, to new adventures, as proud Yamaha groupies, er..ah...'owner's...lol.

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Around 11:00 am this morning, got a call from my sales manager at the Yamaha dealership, that Yamaha has informed them, my red metallic SVTC is on their shipping dock, and they should receive it this mid week. Hoooooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

He informed me that all my ordered accessories are now in, including my cords needed to hook our helmets hard-wired to the bike's infotainment system. Hoooooooooooooooooooooray! Can't wait to try out all the goodies...intercom, CB...all of it. :)))))))))))))))))))))) All will be installed and ready to roll, by the end of next week. Nobody can see the twitch in my fingers, as I type this...LOLOLOLOL. It ain't coffee that's causing it....

The FIRST THING coming off the bike, let along getting put on...will be that obnoxious left side safety and fuel rating sticker upon the tank. Oh yeah...as soon as I get this beauty home and in bed....

I've waited for nearly six months to receive it. We ordered last October....so this has been one heck of a loooooooooooooong winter....way too long....

I also realized that in hindsight, I had too many of the same bike...same engine configuration, same, same...(5 Wings (for touring) in a row. It was...from my anticipation level for this beauty......time for a change. Really, was time for a change....so I raise a beer, to new adventures, as proud Yamaha groupies, er..ah...'owner's...lol.

Post Edit: He apologized for the long wait...and said that they would like to add to my accessory list at the dealership level of involvement. I said that was a wonderful gesture...very nice...and stated that I really, REALLY want to have as back-up, a second Proximity key fob. They said, no problem...they will be after Yamaha for this, to show appreciation for my/our patience in the amount of time passed before taking delivery, from date-of-order. Wow...that impressed me. So...my extra FOB is taken care of. That's off the need-to-do list. Now...just firming up the Boise, Idaho get-away....:)) Hard choices, huh? Somebody has to do it!

Cheers!

Joe

Nothing is as exciting as getting the new bike. Nothing is as frustrating as waiting for winter to leave when it’s parked in the garage....IMG_1919.jpg

Hopefully the wait is almost over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing is as exciting as getting the new bike. Nothing is as frustrating as waiting for winter to leave when it’s parked in the garage....http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112007

Hopefully the wait is almost over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...that's some SERIOUS snow...condolences! Jeez...

In the GTA, it's snow free, but we are going to get a T-Storm later on this afternoon in parts. Good by me...bye-bye salt dust and sand. I see you opted for the lower wind vanes as well. We thought that that would be a prime accessory for greater choice/control of cockpit cooling levels. I guess you and I will see how that plays out. I imagine it certainly will.... Also, in keeping heat within the cockpit. My wife loves that part, lol! Happy rides, when you can get out! There's been already two motorcycle accidents reported in Toronto, and London, Ontario even this early in the riding season.

One that will recover, the one in Toronto, as fatal. Be safe! In Toronto, a rider in back-up 14:00 hour traffic decided to blow past everybody in the outer opposing lane...and booted it into a high speed pass of traffic that was where they should be, in his prior, proper lane and direction. Well...Life throws curves. A driver in a white SUV, decided to make a U-Turn to go back the other way down the road that was open to traffic.

You guessed it....she turned across his (he should NOT have been there...lane) and he hit her left rear door at mind-boggling speed (passing speed...avoid the police seeing you pull this off, speed) He died.... SUV needs to go to the body shop....really badly.

Choices we make...can be final ones...right?

Would love to see pictures of you taking delivery!!

If I lived closer to em I would shoot over with my little YouTube crazy 50 dollar digital and produce a genuine, full fledged, :RED: :RED:of a video of both Joe and his gorgeous new bike!!! We'll get that new Venture to put on a show for ya Trbl that even you wouldnt believe :group cheers:....

:scratchchin:,,, lookin like we may have to hornswaggle ol @OrlinEngh or @zagger or @AirReadyAuto over in Consin to hog tie that lop eared @Flyinfool varmint for you though Joe... He keeps shovin that new mix of White Wash batter into the chute on his infernal machine and wont be no one north of Key West be goin no where!!!

If I lived closer to em I would shoot over with my little YouTube crazy 50 dollar digital and produce a genuine, full fledged, :RED: :RED:of a video of both Joe and his gorgeous new bike!!! We'll get that new Venture to put on a show for ya Trbl that even you wouldnt believe :group cheers:....

:scratchchin:,,, lookin like we may have to hornswaggle ol @OrlinEngh or @zagger or @AirReadyAuto over in Consin to hog tie that lop eared @Flyinfool varmint for you though Joe... He keeps shovin that new mix of White Wash batter into the chute on his infernal machine and wont be no one north of Key West be goin no where!!!

Wonder what would happen if we gave that machine of Flyinfool a good drink of antifreeze maybe it would just spit out rain.

There has got to be already, SVTC's whipping around Michigan roads! :) There's enough Harley's upon them!!!

So who is the wonderful dealer you bought from?

Well, I wish I could outright answer you...like with a straight answer...but here's now the 'rest of the story'.

When I was talking to my dealer yesterday, I did mention that a few of us on a forum, had spoken about the various aspects of our negotiated deals. There was a looooooong pause that you could feel some ice forming...and then he asked me if I had mentioned aspects of my deal with them. I said, well yes.

He then directly asked me to please **not reveal**l (after learning that I had not already mentioned them and their location in Ontario) my selling dealer as he did not want to receive phone calls, or walk in's with those that have been 'armed' (his words) with another's negotiated deal metrics. He said that they like to sit down with prospective customers, and negotiate, and meet in the center of the table (his words)...and not with the walk-in phone in...practically sitting in their lap, demanding the deal they know as made there by another.

I totally understood what he was saying...and so, said that I would keep that to myself. He thanked me profusely. He then relaxed, and stated a little bit of like Trump, the Art of the Deal.

He said for one thing, a number of parameters are considered, when a prospective customer enters the dealership.

1...what time of year...start of season? End of season?

2....what bike and model year is being sought? Left over, or just delivered Popular, easy to move, or slow mover, more incentive to secure the sale...

3...what type of deal is this...cash/credit, or cash/credit/trade in

4...if a trade...what year, what mileage, what condition...and can this trade be quickly monetized, or will it perhaps sit for weeks to months, with the possibility that a financial loss may occur to see it off the used bike floor.

He said that each prospective customer, will/should never have the same 'deal' that the one before, or the one after...has. It is not a good business practice to cater to. It is the nature of the game...and what is called, neutral negotiation. He said the worst customer, is the one that comes armed with knowledge of another's sales contract...and demands, that.... PLUS a further sweetening, no less. I just went...oh...uh huh...I see...and then we parted ways, lol

I get it...they run a business, and they need to maximize their profit to pay THEIR bills, as we need to minimize our outlay...to pay the bill on the bike!

I get it....so, each of us, does the due diligence, and acts like Trump...make the moves, for the Art of the Deal, lol. The dealer will either accept, or modify, or kick you the heck out, lol. Yep, the art of the deal, lol

Congrats. Hope you have days like we had today. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112010I took this from the top of Pine Mountain. We've been across Ky and down into Tennessee since yesterday. Weather permitting we may slay the dragon tomorrow.

Thank you...what a great day you have there. Right now 4/4/18 in Toronto, we have buckets of rain...some sleet, and winds that can approach 60 miles per hour today. Not great. Then...by Friday-Saturday, chance of 1 1/2 inches of snow.

I just hope that they don't re-salt the roadways. That would SUCK big time.

Well, I wish I could outright answer you...like with a straight answer...but here's now the 'rest of the story'.

When I was talking to my dealer yesterday, I did mention that a few of us on a forum, had spoken about the various aspects of our negotiated deals. There was a looooooong pause that you could feel some ice forming...and then he asked me if I had mentioned aspects of my deal with them. I said, well yes.

He then directly asked me to please **not reveal**l (after learning that I had not already mentioned them and their location in Ontario) my selling dealer as he did not want to receive phone calls, or walk in's with those that have been 'armed' (his words) with another's negotiated deal metrics. He said that they like to sit down with prospective customers, and negotiate, and meet in the center of the table (his words)...and not with the walk-in phone in...practically sitting in their lap, demanding the deal they know as made there by another.

I totally understood what he was saying...and so, said that I would keep that to myself. He thanked me profusely. He then relaxed, and stated a little bit of like Trump, the Art of the Deal.

He said for one thing, a number of parameters are considered, when a prospective customer enters the dealership.

1...what time of year...start of season? End of season?

2....what bike and model year is being sought? Left over, or just delivered Popular, easy to move, or slow mover, more incentive to secure the sale...

3...what type of deal is this...cash/credit, or cash/credit/trade in

4...if a trade...what year, what mileage, what condition...and can this trade be quickly monetized, or will it perhaps sit for weeks to months, with the possibility that a financial loss may occur to see it off the used bike floor.

He said that each prospective customer, will/should never have the same 'deal' that the one before, or the one after...has. It is not a good business practice to cater to. It is the nature of the game...and what is called, neutral negotiation. He said the worst customer, is the one that comes armed with knowledge of another's sales contract...and demands, that.... PLUS a further sweetening, no less. I just went...oh...uh huh...I see...and then we parted ways, lol

I get it...they run a business, and they need to maximize their profit to pay THEIR bills, as we need to minimize our outlay...to pay the bill on the bike!

I get it....so, each of us, does the due diligence, and acts like Trump...make the moves, for the Art of the Deal, lol. The dealer will either accept, or modify, or kick you the heck out, lol. Yep, the art of the deal, lol

BTW, If anybody was hoping to call in about my soon to be traded in Wing...I have some bad news. It has been technically 'sold' since the 3rd week of last October. There was a chap that had come into the Yamaha dealership asking if he had any Honda Gold Wings. (My take, is that his strategy, would be to think that an off-branded dealer would be more malleable in price, to get rid of it, rather than an actual Honda Dealer (and that makes sense...if that was the case...) and so when we made OUR deal in October, our dealer (who technically didn't have our Wing into his stock...technically) called the guy's contact number, and asked if he was still looking. Yep..he was. So our Yamaha dealer described our bike...its excellent show-room-new (his words) condition...and the chap asked to see it.

We got a call, three weeks after we signed our contract for the SVTC...and was asked by our dealer (with explanation) might we please ride to his location (in Eastern Ontario...ssshhhhh..) and he would put us up for the night with all meals included with the room. We said sure, we could do that for him. It was still nice out...fall colors and all. We arrived on the Saturday morning...., with the chap and his wife in attendance. Our dealer introduced us...and then asked me to 'show' him around the bike. I started it... demo'ed all the features, to show they all worked, heated seats, grips, infotainment, GPS maps, etc. I then took (I would not let him take it out on their own...no way...) him for a ride on a couple of back roads...then a shot down the 401. Did the exact same for his wife...same route, and then came back into town, to the dealership. She and he (the chap) went into the dealership and 'talked turkey'. We went to a Timmy's and hung out for about an hour. When we came back, they were gone...and I asked our Sales Manger..so...what happened. He said with a grin...they couldn't wait to slap a $500.00 holding deposit on your bike, and it is now technically sold. When we deliver to you, and we take your bike into stock...it will be simply a formality sling-shot. In...check it out...and out...with them picking up their first ever, Honda Gold Wing. So...that's the deal...or ...the Art of the Deal? :) I'll bet you they are as excited to the news that shortly 'their' bike will be ready to pick up, LOL! Right...after...ours....yep. BTW, this is a major reason that our Sales Manager is doing so much more for us...as a way of thanking us for riding out from Toronto, and anchoring their sale and disposal of our trade in. I think that's were our delay 'gift' of a second FOB is coming from...their way of saying thank you, sir!

Welcome to Ontario!

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing. I just think that a dealer like that needs to be recognized. That is how business should be done, but I also understand the reason for keeping their name off the paper, some folks might not realize that each deal is a new and different one. I do want to see your need scoot though, do I have to buy dinner to get that privilege? or put you up for a night?

Thanks for sharing. I just think that a dealer like that needs to be recognized. That is how business should be done, but I also understand the reason for keeping their name off the paper, some folks might not realize that each deal is a new and different one. I do want to see your need scoot though, do I have to buy dinner to get that privilege? or put you up for a night?

Thanks...I really wanted him to get recognition...they did by us, so well...but, I had to respect their wishes, and like you...do understand...they wanting to negotiate truly...from as he put the words...from the 'center' of the table. Fair to the customer, doable to the dealer.

I just know that those nice people that we met, will enjoy our Wing, for many, many years. Lots of life left in her...and we had 10 great years of fond touring memories. I do think...that the chap was sort of brilliant...to NOT go to a outright Honda dealer...but looking at all off-brand trade in. Brilliant! I'm sure he got a great deal...and what we got for her...was very very fair. So...ourselves (dealer in the middle) and Mr. and Mrs. Honda....everybody happy, lol

Nope...no dinner required, LOL...that was truly funny. I'm going to take shots all around for those curious. It will truly only be similar to whatever anybody has already displayed for a red metallic. There will be the Tall Boy backrest. heel and toe shifter, lower wind vanes, brake pedal overlay, and we did pick up the two side bag luggage bags. That's about all for the visible stuff. Did get the mini-day cover...(I think everybody needs one of these...no matter what bike you own...keeps the rabble off of them...) and of course, the J&M cords for both myself and my wife.

• 2 weeks later...
Deal's toast. Thanks all for contributing to my premature 'let the games begin' thread. Total egg and embarrassment on my face. To all that have this bike at home. Congrat's...and wishing you many, wonderful miles, experiences, and proud years of ownership.

This is a great bike, so enjoy to the max. Get out there...and pound the pavement!

Kawasaki Joe

So tell us what happened, do we celebrate or cry?

Don't know if this added info is any help or not, but when I spoke to our local boys about 4 weeks ago, they told me that in our district there were only 60 bikes available and that they had got their one and only and had it sold before it showed up. Like I said, I don't know anything, but the supply seems to be kind sparse. On the other hand, I see your issue as well and might well do the same as you're doing, it's just that it seems to be an exciting scooter and there is no where else to get one, except as our boys tell us,,, wait for the 19s. Bummer!!

Looks like a May 1-5 delivery.

CONGRATS Par! Rode a bit today, have 4800 miles on mine already. I need to remove that tank sticker myself!

Wait till your riding along and suddenly “caller ID” comes up in your screen on an incoming call! I love it! ENJOY!!

CONGRATS Par! Rode a bit today, have 4800 miles on mine already. I need to remove that tank sticker myself!

Wait till your riding along and suddenly “caller ID” comes up in your screen on an incoming call! I love it! ENJOY!!

--------------------------------------

Hope to...for that was the plan!

About that 91 octane sticker...I'm going to use low heat from a hair dryer...fanning it across the decal...and then will try to lift it and peel it slowly as I keep fanning it with the dryer. Somebody said that a little shot of WD-40 will remove the residue. There is one thing I would suggest though Chief, and I'm going to certainly find out BEFORE I remove a government mandated (States and Canada) fuel safety sticker...is...would this VOID the factory warranty, in that they can say you modified the motorcycle...just as you would if you messed with the catalytic converter? Think about it...the decal and the converter are both mandated to be on the bike when shipped, so....something to ponder while still under warranty. Sound's weird? Lot's of thing can sound weird, and yet be exactly as they are...come warranty claim time. FYI.

Post Edit: Spoke with a dealer, that said while they could not remove that tank sticker...the owner sure could, and that it WOULD not result in any denial of warranty, should you need to make a claim. So...peel away!

Have fun! :)

Added content...updated

I know,,, I am one odd lop eared duck varmint swimming in a sea of normal quackers but,, as one of my daughters who spent thousands and thousands of miles behind me touring the country on our beat up ol Venture called me and reminded me of when Wild Hogs first came out,,, her words = "Poppers,,, they stole your life story":

All true...and that's why I did come back with a non-smokin gun caveat. No harm done in that I did not openly accuse a dealer (by name) of anything...just my feelings so far from my interaction. I just got off the phone with a chap out in Cambridge..and they also confirm that they are not getting any more...so it makes you wonder...how many of these bikes did Yamaha truly produce for the Canadian market? Then...Puc is stating that they don't seem to be selling well, at least in his part of Michigan...with dealers already discounting $2,000.00 off of MSRP.

What is Yamaha's play in all this? A first year roll out...and they are seriously pis*ing off those that ordered one...or that might want one....and come into a dealership this summer...and the dealer telling them there is no stock to sell? What's with this? This can seriously scare off cross over purchasers wannabees, or totally turn off, those that ordered one...like us last October...and don't end up getting one? Bad, bad marketing, if this is what is happening behind the scenes. It sort of makes you wonder...are there mechanical or software problems that are showing up...and they have restricted further assembly line output? What's up with this? The guy in Cambridge, said that he has had walk in's just to tell them he only got two SVTC's and one Eluder....and there are no more in the Yamaha Warehouse, in Concord. Bad, man...it's the end of April...and Yamaha (with already a 3 month delay) can't stock dealers, or ship bikes on deposit? Not confidence inspiring. Can they even decide to stop production after one year...and orphan the line? Dunno...but even Honda has enough stock in 2018 Goldwings, that all dealers have them...and everybody that ordered one...GOT IT!

So..my dealer is supposed to get back to me later on this afternoon, with another update from his contacting Yamaha Canada once more...and oh...this is interesting. Yamaha shows my dealership with a red SVTC, because another dealer actually quoted me on that...'cause he was looking around for his customer that would take a dealer trade. He contacted my dealer...and was told it was sold...and that they were waiting on it to arrive. So that must be my bike. This Carl...gets weirder the more intel I get. Yamaha...has problems.

The deal isn't dead, yet...and if I get truly at least a VIN, or a hard land date to the dealership, I will then become malleable again...into May...and wait it out. I'm just hoping for some real, good news. I want the bike, and there is no doubt. My wife is already bumming large over all this drama...and has already started last week to give me..."WHY...did we want to sell the Gold Wing?...what was wrong with it?"

Guilt trips already being slung...sheesh! Nothing was wrong with it...I...not necessarily she...(the truth) wanted a change, and also it was at the best year R.O.I. and condition to trade or sell. That was mainly it. I don't think she is all too thrilled at the prospect of my getting a Harley. She thinks each one is obnoxiously (her words..) loud as they go past us...and can't imagine how that 'gal' on the back can stand it...or will she have any sort of hearing, by the time she is in her 50's....(her words...and comments...).

I just shrug in front of her...and keep my mouth shut.... ;)

Joe

Back in my day we had a word for all this,,, not sure if I am spelling this correct but: BOGE - BOAG - "Baa" and then Ohh and then Ga.... As in,, that is Boge....

Anyway,,, sounds like your dealing with it Joe.. Definitely strange IMHO.... I know Canadians have crossed the U.S. border and purchased brand new bikes,, lots of times.. I know of more than one personally who have done so.. I also know for a fact that the exact bike you are referring to are totally available here and at completely reduced prices... Is there something special about the TC that has to be onboard to make it legal in Canada??

Remember I told you about the hard sell here and showed you the pics of discounting happening?? While I have no idea if any of our local dealers have done business over the border,, I do know that the new Wing (which IS selling like hot cakes here) is being discounted by several "5 star" Honda dealers in the U.S.. I also know (because I have also been following the new Wings flourish - its a flaw in my charactor - like I said in a different post,, I LOVE all bikes and my passion comes out in some wierd ways:178:) that at least one of those discounting dealers (Honda of Russelville in Arkansas) has already sold and delivered well over 50 of the new Wings and some of those went to Canadian buyers.. Seems crazy to think that you couldnt do the same with the new Yam... Maybe not though,, maybe my area is wacked and the TC/Eluder are selling at such a fast pace over and above the new Wing that they really do have you pinned...

I know one thing,, knowing what I know and what I have been told and what I have seen thus far,,, before I would accept the idea that you are pinned - I would DEFINITELY make numerous stratigically placed phone calls to a wide variety of dealerships both in Canada and in the U.S. before I cried uncle if I were you... TONS of misinformation on the web these days,,, THAT is fact!! Plus we seem to be living in a day and age where non truth is more easily accepted and honored than truth and some businesses are so sold out to living on the edge of honest business practices that they may not even give a second thought to telling fibs...

A good example from my prospective: Polaris's latest new motorcycle line/model carries the Indian name. As is customary, I followed the unveiling of Polaris's 111 at Daytona and then later that year, my wife Tip and I Ventured out to Sturgis for the world launch of their new bike - it is/was gorgeous = IMHO, Polaris did a bang up job in this repop!! We stood there and listened to the VP of Motorcycle production for Polaris (fellow by the name of Menndoza or something like that) tell the gathering of folks in front of the museum for the unveiling that Polaris had no interest in going toe to toe with HD and that their Indian repop was strickly a stand alone scoot seeking a niche of its own.. He then continued to boldly say that their VERY SUCCESSFUL Victory line was going to continue to be developed into the non-nostalgic line that it was and that Polaris had great plans for the their two lines..

Fast forward to today:

One week after the Polaris reps stood at the International dealer expo soliciting for new Polaris Victory and Indian line franchises - Menendo (just remembered his name) announced that Polaris was closing the Victory line!!! Those bikes were being sold at MSRP up to the date of closing and franchises for that line were also being sold AND - the VP's reason given for closure = VERY VERY LOW SALES THRU THE HISTORY OF THE VICTORY LINE... How could that happen?? Simple,, for years Polaris has refused to disclose actual unit sales numbers - no one ANYWHERE actually had a clue just how stable that line really was and Polaris was able to excersise a form of dishonesty (IMHO) in business..

Now I notice (I notice a lot - its another flaw in my charachtor) that Polaris is taking HUGE steps in isolating themselves from there Indian line for some reason. I just received my latest mailings from Polaris and get this,, they no longer claim they are the producers of their Indian model of Polaris Motorcycles and the latest flyer coming from the same place as the Slingshot flyer that was in the same mailing states the produced by "Indian Motorcycle Company" with NO WHERE on the flyer (like stated openly on the Slingshot flyer) having Polaris's name printed... It almost appears that Polaris is in the process of trying to produce the image that the real Indian Motorcycle Company that went under in '53 is/was/has been still alive and well..

So,, whats wrong with that? To 99.999999 percent of the buying public and ways of thinking in our day and age = absolutely positively nothing.. BUT - to a few people who might be interested in open truth and honesty - the kind of practice that I am talking about does create some uneasy internal feelings...

Personally,, I like being treated honestly and, even though sometimes its hard to take,,, I prefer to hear the truth... IMHO,, dishonesty is down right tiring where honesty,,, once you get thru the initial brunt of it if its about something not fun,, tends to be a lot easier and funner to deal with....

I know,,, I am strange and weird but thats how I see life...

Edited by cowpuc

So tell us what happened, do we celebrate or cry?

Hi Carl...we now go into celebration mode...like the song now playing in my head..."Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeelebration....time to celebrate, and have a good time....Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelebration, da da".

VP from Yamaha itself..called me, prostrated himself...and said that myself and three other red metallic purchasers have their bikes still at sea, inbound from Japan...and will land shortly at Vancouver. From there...they get dispersed to all four selling dealers...and then...that's it for 2018, in the Canadian market. If you have friends, that want or are the slightest interested in owning a Canadian SVTC...from this news..I strongly suggest they scream over to their Yamaha dealer that has a floor model left,...and make it theirs. Once they are all gone...they are all....gone for 2018.

Cheers,

"Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelebration C'mon...."

Joe

Guest divey
Don't know if this added info is any help or not, but when I spoke to our local boys about 4 weeks ago, they told me that in our district there were only 60 bikes available and that they had got their one and only and had it sold before it showed up. Like I said, I don't know anything, but the supply seems to be kind sparse. On the other hand, I see your issue as well and might well do the same as you're doing, it's just that it seems to be an exciting scooter and there is no where else to get one, except as our boys tell us,,, wait for the 19s. Bummer!!

Interesting. We have a Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer here just outside Edmonton who got three SVTC’s (2 red and 1 grey) and one Eluder. One red was a preorder and is gone but they still have a grey and red ready to go out the door. Said they won’t be getting any more this year. Not sure about any of the other dealers in the area, haven’t checked them out. I thought three for a mid-sized dealership was pretty good. Doug

Back in my day we had a word for all this,,, not sure if I am spelling this correct but: BOGE - BOAG - "Baa" and then Ohh and then Ga.... As in,, that is Boge....

Anyway,,, sounds like your dealing with it Joe.. Definitely strange IMHO.... I know Canadians have crossed the U.S. border and purchased brand new bikes,, lots of times.. I know of more than one personally who have done so.. I also know for a fact that the exact bike you are referring to are totally available here and at completely reduced prices... Is there something special about the TC that has to be onboard to make it legal in Canada??

Remember I told you about the hard sell here and showed you the pics of discounting happening?? While I have no idea if any of our local dealers have done business over the border,, I do know that the new Wing (which IS selling like hot cakes here) is being discounted by several "5 star" Honda dealers in the U.S.. I also know (because I have also been following the new Wings flourish - its a flaw in my charactor - like I said in a different post,, I LOVE all bikes and my passion comes out in some wierd ways:178:) that at least one of those discounting dealers (Honda of Russelville in Arkansas) has already sold and delivered well over 50 of the new Wings and some of those went to Canadian buyers.. Seems crazy to think that you couldnt do the same with the new Yam... Maybe not though,, maybe my area is wacked and the TC/Eluder are selling at such a fast pace over and above the new Wing that they really do have you pinned...

I know one thing,, knowing what I know and what I have been told and what I have seen thus far,,, before I would accept the idea that you are pinned - I would DEFINITELY make numerous stratigically placed phone calls to a wide variety of dealerships both in Canada and in the U.S. before I cried uncle if I were you... TONS of misinformation on the web these days,,, THAT is fact!! Plus we seem to be living in a day and age where non truth is more easily accepted and honored than truth and some businesses are so sold out to living on the edge of honest business practices that they may not even give a second thought to telling fibs...

A good example from my prospective: Polaris's latest new motorcycle line/model carries the Indian name. As is customary, I followed the unveiling of Polaris's 111 at Daytona and then later that year, my wife Tip and I Ventured out to Sturgis for the world launch of their new bike - it is/was gorgeous = IMHO, Polaris did a bang up job in this repop!! We stood there and listened to the VP of Motorcycle production for Polaris (fellow by the name of Menndoza or something like that) tell the gathering of folks in front of the museum for the unveiling that Polaris had no interest in going toe to toe with HD and that their Indian repop was strickly a stand alone scoot seeking a niche of its own.. He then continued to boldly say that their VERY SUCCESSFUL Victory line was going to continue to be developed into the non-nostalgic line that it was and that Polaris had great plans for the their two lines..

Fast forward to today:

One week after the Polaris reps stood at the International dealer expo soliciting for new Polaris Victory and Indian line franchises - Menendo (just remembered his name) announced that Polaris was closing the Victory line!!! Those bikes were being sold at MSRP up to the date of closing and franchises for that line were also being sold AND - the VP's reason given for closure = VERY VERY LOW SALES THRU THE HISTORY OF THE VICTORY LINE... How could that happen?? Simple,, for years Polaris has refused to disclose actual unit sales numbers - no one ANYWHERE actually had a clue just how stable that line really was and Polaris was able to excersise a form of dishonesty (IMHO) in business..

Now I notice (I notice a lot - its another flaw in my charachtor) that Polaris is taking HUGE steps in isolating themselves from there Indian line for some reason. I just received my latest mailings from Polaris and get this,, they no longer claim they are the producers of their Indian model of Polaris Motorcycles and the latest flyer coming from the same place as the Slingshot flyer that was in the same mailing states the produced by "Indian Motorcycle Company" with NO WHERE on the flyer (like stated openly on the Slingshot flyer) having Polaris's name printed... It almost appears that Polaris is in the process of trying to produce the image that the real Indian Motorcycle Company that went under in '53 is/was/has been still alive and well..

So,, whats wrong with that? To 99.999999 percent of the buying public and ways of thinking in our day and age = absolutely positively nothing.. BUT - to a few people who might be interested in open truth and honesty - the kind of practice that I am talking about does create some uneasy internal feelings...

Personally,, I like being treated honestly and, even though sometimes its hard to take,,, I prefer to hear the truth... IMHO,, dishonesty is down right tiring where honesty,,, once you get thru the initial brunt of it if its about something not fun,, tends to be a lot easier and funner to deal with....

I know,,, I am strange and weird but thats how I see life...

Great news today from a VP of Yamaha Canada, Puc. After apologizing for my delay, with explanation...I spelled it out in another new thread...mine is at sea at present, shortly to land in Vancouver (along with 3 other red SVTC's...) and all are getting shipped across Canada to their respective selling dealers. Puc, North American wide. not speaking about any one location or state, province within...the sales and demand totally outstripped what Yamaha thought would be a median amount to produce. His words on the phone...."Joe, we got caught with our pant's down on this one. We will have ample dealer stock for the 2019 model year. I'm so happy for us to be in that position, and again apologizing to you for this very long delay in your delivery of such." So...all good, no more beer to cry into...but to sip and enjoy! In fact..dang...I'm going to go to the fridge and have one RIGHT NOW!

Back slaps,

Joe

Great news today from a VP of Yamaha Canada, Puc. After apologizing for my delay, with explanation...I spelled it out in another new thread...mine is at sea at present, shortly to land in Vancouver (along with 3 other red SVTC's...) and all are getting shipped across Canada to their respective selling dealers. Puc, North American wide. not speaking about any one location or state, province within...the sales and demand totally outstripped what Yamaha thought would be a median amount to produce. His words on the phone...."Joe, we got caught with our pant's down on this one. We will have ample dealer stock for the 2019 model year. I'm so happy for us to be in that position, and again apologizing to you for this very long delay in your delivery of such." So...all good, no more beer to cry into...but to sip and enjoy! In fact..dang...I'm going to go to the fridge and have one RIGHT NOW!

Back slaps,

Joe

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: