IGNORED

Thinking of adding a ride away 3rP center stand to the SVTC

• 3 weeks later...
That's the one thing I will miss the most from my Wing...a center stand for tires and oil change duties. Also, easier loading of the side and top trunk. I wonder of if you can add one to this bike. Time to tap the keyboard in search of that very thing...

I guess, the only thing would be, is there enough ground clearance, in banks? Dunno...

The only other thing that I can see with this mo-tech, is that when it is on the center stand, there doesn't seem to be enough back torque and angle when the stand is in use. If there was sufficient wind, road vibration by passing vehicle (trucks) or some one by accident hits the back portion of your bike, such as parked at a restaurant or coffee shop...by their body...it could roll the bike forward..and the rest is bad history with the mo-tech center stand pitching forward and leaving the ground. I'm going to keep my eyes open for another make to be produced, if any...and again, if there is enough clearance while the bike is in motion...as a center stand equipped bike, is a great asset to the owners. My take, anyway.

Cheers,

Post Edit: I think for now, I won't look too seriously for a center stand. Would like one, certainly, but I think...perhaps not enough clearance. This bike (I believe) sits lower than a Honda GL1800 as stock. Looks that way anyway.

Just in case you didn’t know, the new wings have removed the Center stand as well.

Personally,,,, I cant imagine Transcontinentaling without the centerstand on my scoot... As shown in the pics below, Murphy has proven to me on numerous occasions (Tweeksis has a couple "tire stickers" still stuck on her backside from a couple times Murph has successfully snuck up on the three of us) that he knows exactly where to place those little steel booby traps (found inside the brand new tire I removed from the bike left on the center stand) on some of the Transcontinental roads of joy that we have traveled..

I think if I had a scoot with no center stand I would at least pick up a small bottle jack and carry a piece of 2x4 in with my tire spoons.. Then,,,, when it happened wayyyyyyyyyy out in the middle of Montana,,, I could put the board under the kick stand and place the bottle jack on the other side toward the rear of the bike and then I could carefully do a three point lift (front tire/kick stand/bottle jack) just to give ol Murph the business :stickpoke: = all's fair in love and touring ya know:happy34:!!

DSCN3777.JPG

DSCN3776.JPG