IGNORED

got the 86 ruuning.lots of questions

Connecting the solenoid backwards will make it not work, it will also make my workaround not work.

4 ohms will not do it, You need around 2,000 ohms otherly known as 2K ohm resistors. You want 1/4 Watt or more for the size of the resistors.

One end connects to the white/red wire that went to the probe and the other end of the resistor can be connected to any thing that turns off with the key.

If you are going to stick the resistor lead into a fuse socket make sure it is on the protected side of the fuse.

No, not all fuses are hot only with the key some are hot all the time and some are only hot in ACCy position.

Once the cover is off of the MC you can usually grab the remains of the screw with a vice grip and turn it out, unless you drilled the head off and still kept going. When you drill for the easy out, use a left hand drill bit, odds are that the act of drilling with a left hand bit usually makes the screw come flying out of the hole on its own.

nope.I demolished the screw, the threads, the whole shebang.I even used a handdrill to prevent that.But it wasnt powerful enough to penetrate because its just me not a motor.I have ordered a universal fit off ebay,dont know if it will work.The electrical wire that has a fuse like end from the bike snapped into a receptacle from the brake lever mastercylinder assembly.I dont know if that is a clutch switch.If so I dont need it.But if it isnt bypassed the bike will start but not move forward because the bike thinks the sidestand is down or something like that.I had that happen on a kawasaki.It started, but as soon as it was put in gear it died.The clutch switch was messed up,had to be bypassed.I can find no mastercylinder just like the one the bike has.Plus it had a portion of the assembly that a component mounted to.Maybe for the cb,or radio,not sure.I have removed all the sound stuff anyway.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/83-93-Yamaha-Venture-XVZ12-1200-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-Assembly-3DP-25870-00-00/152956297650?fits=Make%3AYamaha%7CModel%3AVenture+Royale&epid=1711868277&hash=item239ce7e1b2:g:FVAAAOSwrBdatElu

This is for an 83-85 so it may not fit. But clutch MC's are out there for 86-89's for under $100...and in good shape too.

Posted this just to give you an idea....plus maybe a member has one extra floating around.

Edited by videoarizona

https://www.ebay.com/itm/83-93-Yamaha-Venture-XVZ12-1200-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-Assembly-3DP-25870-00-00/152956297650?fits=Make%3AYamaha%7CModel%3AVenture+Royale&epid=1711868277&hash=item239ce7e1b2:g:FVAAAOSwrBdatElu

This is for an 83-85 so it may not fit. But clutch MC's are out there for 86-89's for under $100...and in good shape too.

Posted this just to give you an idea....plus maybe a member has one extra floating around.

thanks.I almost bought that one.I will return the one i bought if it doesnt work.