IGNORED

Possibly getting my new bike today.

Last six if Vin is 000078 I hope yamaha did their homework with this bike. I've always had good luck before. YES that 5 year warranty is assuring. If I get it I'll let you know.20180323_105805.jpg

Edited by Mimurph

Last six if Vin is 000078 I hope yamaha did their homework with this bike. I've always had good luck before. YES that 5 year warranty is assuring. If I get it I'll let you know.

Congrats still waiting for streets to get cleaned up here before I pickup mine my last numbers are 000097. Will post more after a few rides and I agree the 5 year warranty is a bonus.

Last six if Vin is 000078 I hope yamaha did their homework with this bike. I've always had good luck before. YES that 5 year warranty is assuring. If I get it I'll let you know.

Congrats Mimurph, mine is 000705 and already needs a software update for a Bluetooth issue. Driveway still has ice so no ride yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Mimurph, mine is 000705 and already needs a software update for a Bluetooth issue. Driveway still has ice so no ride yet.

Make sure it is a good stable update before you do it. There have been some that have locked up their GPS and had to have new control head installed.

Make sure it is a good stable update before you do it. There have been some that have locked up their GPS and had to have new control head installed.

Yikes! Good thing I don’t need the GPS to find the dealer.

Make sure you download the update through the Yamaha website. The unit is made by Samsung. I was told that folks who used the Samsung website update ended up frying their communications system requiring a new head unit. My bike had the original program, which caused multiple warning messages and chirping as I was riding. The dealer updated the system at no cost and I no longer have any issues. Enjoy :-)

Rich

Make sure you download the update through the Yamaha website. The unit is made by Samsung. I was told that folks who used the Samsung website update ended up frying their communications system requiring a new head unit. My bike had the original program, which caused multiple warning messages and chirping as I was riding. The dealer updated the system at no cost and I no longer have any issues. Enjoy :-)

Rich

I hope all options that are advertised will be possible. There's alot if Bluetooth connectivity between the rider and passenger phone. Dual zone output of the audio. There's alot of different scenarios that need to be tested. Im afraid to mess with too much until I know it's perfected.

I hope all options that are advertised will be possible. There's alot if Bluetooth connectivity between the rider and passenger phone. Dual zone output of the audio. There's alot of different scenarios that need to be tested. Im afraid to mess with too much until I know it's perfected.

most of this electronic stuff is way out of my league... hell, I use a flip phone for goodness sake. I did not purchase this bike for the electronic goodies. so I will most likely never use any of it. my wife and I do not use any electronic communications when riding. when we have to talk we yell loud enough for both of us to hear. LOL

I used to work on all of my cars until it got to the point you needed a computer to figure out what was wrong. now I go straight to the dealer for maintenance and repair. I read a chain of discussions here on this website from a guy trying to rebuild a 20 year old Yamaha that used a bank of carburetors. I don't know if he ever got her figured out, but the poor guy was so frustrated at the end of each day working on this complicated machine that I felt bad for him.

anyways, best of luck to you : - )

Rich

most of this electronic stuff is way out of my league... hell, I use a flip phone for goodness sake. I did not purchase this bike for the electronic goodies. so I will most likely never use any of it. my wife and I do not use any electronic communications when riding. when we have to talk we yell loud enough for both of us to hear. LOL

I used to work on all of my cars until it got to the point you needed a computer to figure out what was wrong. now I go straight to the dealer for maintenance and repair. I read a chain of discussions here on this website from a guy trying to rebuild a 20 year old Yamaha that used a bank of carburetors. I don't know if he ever got her figured out, but the poor guy was so frustrated at the end of each day working on this complicated machine that I felt bad for him.

anyways, best of luck to you : - )

Rich

Yamaha along with everyone else realized that the new upcoming riders want all the gadgets and gizmos... It's bitter sweet but I think it's gonna get even more hi tech with electric.. Would you ride an electric motorcycle if you could get 200 mile range? I don't think it would be as cool, but it will be more common in the future.. I will try to learn as much as I can, and be safe while riding with a big smile on my face this summer!

Yamaha along with everyone else realized that the new upcoming riders want all the gadgets and gizmos... It's bitter sweet but I think it's gonna get even more hi tech with electric.. Would you ride an electric motorcycle if you could get 200 mile range? I don't think it would be as cool, but it will be more common in the future.. I will try to learn as much as I can, and be safe while riding with a big smile on my face this summer!

no sir... I have zero interest in electric cars of any type. and that goes for motorcycles! the main thing is to enjoy your new ride : - )

Rich

It's actually made by Harmin, who is owned by Samsung. They have temporarily (Yamaha's choice of word) stopped the ability to download the Infortainment Software updates, from both the American and Canadian Yamaha sites. They claim a technical difficulty with the latest version 12.0.6 If you have already downloaded this onto your computer...I suggest you do not attempt to update your bike with this. That was the very one, they wanted to prevent going out to the wild....

thanks... I have and will continue to have the dealership service department handle this : - )

Rich

It's actually made by Harmin, who is owned by Samsung. They have temporarily (Yamaha's choice of word) stopped the ability to download the Infortainment Software updates, from both the American and Canadian Yamaha sites. They claim a technical difficulty with the latest version 12.0.6 If you have already downloaded this onto your computer...I suggest you do not attempt to update your bike with this. That was the very one, they wanted to prevent going out to the wild....

I hope they light the fire on the programmers.. They knew they had issues with the infotainment system.. Thanks alot for the update.