IGNORED

MD Surprise

Yammer Dan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You best tell us as to why YOU would miss MD. It had better be good!!

Right now I couldn't say without really insulting someone!! Its better I keep my fingers off the keyboard. And I did it right this time!! Some people's word means nothing to them!!!!

So, I'm in suspense. What was the surprise? I may or may not be there for MD but just curious.

Like a Idiot I tried for another trike. Called him that I wanted it and was on the way. He said he was going on vacation so I said I would wait til he got back and we got weather to come get it. I got 10,000 bucks lying on my desk and Greyhound left this morning. I was lucky he mess me yesterday so I missed greyhound. He sold it yesterday.:bang head: I WILL NOT TRY AGAIN!!

Like a Idiot I tried for another trike. Called him that I wanted it and was on the way. He said he was going on vacation so I said I would wait til he got back and we got weather to come get it. I got 10,000 bucks lying on my desk and Greyhound left this morning. I was lucky he mess me yesterday so I missed greyhound. He sold it yesterday.:bang head: I WILL NOT TRY AGAIN!!

Yeh, I can sympathize with ya, that would be a bummer for sure,,, but then maybe there be a reason, and something else would be on the horizon for you.

Yeh, I can sympathize with ya, that would be a bummer for sure,,, but then maybe there be a reason, and something else would be on the horizon for you.

YAAAAAAAH!!! Like this one that even comes with a camper so you CAN'T loose your tent poles no matter how hard you try bro!!!

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/6-gl1800-classifieds-4-sale-owner/406097-2002-trike.html

THey took the 1st one off Sky. I am not going to go thru that again. It was a awesome trike according to Ad with Raked front. Floorboards, Extra Tank, all LED Lights,Rear Arm rests, and Diamond Cuts. He acted like he was in no hurry so I was wanting weather to ride back. Screw It!!!

THey took the 1st one off Sky. I am not going to go thru that again. It was a awesome trike according to Ad with Raked front. Floorboards, Extra Tank, all LED Lights,Rear Arm rests, and Diamond Cuts. He acted like he was in no hurry so I was wanting weather to ride back. Screw It!!!

It had to be a scam anyway at that price. There seems to be several scams on the NC craigslist at any given time, bikes priced ridiculously low and the ad normally only has the craigslist email as a contact.

If it was the one on VR, I inquired about it and yes it was a very good price. Got a reply but no answers to my questions. Got skittish.

:think::think::think::think::think:

:farmer:

8 out of 10 times that someone asks you to hold something that is for sale, you will never see them again. If you are serious and want some one to hold something, you have to put money down. I have seen way to often that people will ask to hold a half dozen things while they decide which one they really want. All the other sellers are left out with nothing.

I am not saying that you would do this, but as a seller it is a common thing to see. It is a cruel world, but money talks, everything else walks.

I used to buy and sell a lot of cars and I always sold the vehicles to the first person who showed up with the money. Talk is cheap. Cash is king. When I sold my 2004 Kawasaki Concours that I had advertised for over a year a guy came to me and said he wanted to buy it but he didn't have enough cash and didn't borrow money. He wanted to give me a deposit the following Sunday and would pay the rest in two weeks with me keeping the bike and title until he paid the rest. I sort of reluctantly agreed and told him that when I got the deposit which was half of the price, I would stop advertising it and would hold it for him. Well, another guy came by on Saturday with the cash and I sold it to him. The guy who wanted to put a deposit on it the next day was pissed but I didn't think he was justified in being so. I didn't personally know either one of those guys. Both were contract workers at a nuke plant outside of Homestead FL where we had an almost $2billion project going on.

If I know the potential buyer it would be different but I didn't know either one of those guys.

THen he should have told me he wanted deposit or whatever. He didn't. Seemed to agree with me me. I was to bring CASH to pick it up!! He told me I could have it for 10 when I asked if that was his best price. Makes no difference now. I'm done.

In the case I just talked about, the guy who missed the purchase found an identical Concours very quickly because I saw him riding it to work. Dan, you shouldn't dwell on the negatives. Find another one if that is what you want. There are lots of trikes out there. Life is too short to be negative. Have fun every day if it is at all possible!

I hope he can sleep. I thought I did it right this time. Unless his ad was a complete sham there won't be another like that for a while.

You did nothing wrong Dan. If it was an awesome deal, and the guy wanted $10k cash, I would have walked. Let me show up, put a few hundred down, and let's head to his bank to transfer the money. Today's world, I'm not showing up with $10k cash for nothing. Too many thugs around the corner.

Craigslist is full of scams, it's almost hard to find something legit in the used car market. The right Trike will come :) Actually there is a beautiful maroon Hannigan (sp?) on a farm south of Indy, been trying to sell it all last summer. When the weather breaks, and riding season starts up, I'll drive by and see if he still has it.