IGNORED

have'n trouble with fuel pump

dueyk1111

got the bike out yesterday, took it for a ride and when i cranked on the throttle it dropped 2 cylinders, starv'n for fuel. checked fuel pump and it wasn't run'n. checked couple of things it started run'n again, took it for another ride twas fine till i got out of town and cranked on it again, dropped 2 cylinders. took back home put in another fuel pump i had and went for a ride and the same thing, ran fine till i cranked it up. starter was also not work'n right, acted like my battery wasn't charged, full charge, good connections. not sure whats go'n on, any hep or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:think:

I would start with your battery connections, take them apart and clean them. When you have them off, it's a good time to check the output of the battery, not just the voltage, but the output as well. Then check the fuses to make sure they are all clean and seated well. Also include the engine ground, I believe is on the lower right side coming from the battery. If you don't do this first you could be chasing this gremlin for a long time. Things may look good but you don't really know until you take them apart.

Lets us know what happens

What Carl said plus a couple of the primaries could be plugged. Sea Foam.. Idle inrichment valve will keep'r running, and as soon as you hit the throttle two of the cylinders are no go. On the clutch, I'd change the oil and bleed the clutch...