IGNORED

Eagle update

Venturous Randy

As of today we have one eaglet and two eggs. If they all survive, this is going to be one full nest. You can slide the ball back on the time bar and see earlier video.

It is going to be very cold the next couple days.

It may take a few seconds for the cameras to load.

Randy

https://www.etsu.edu/cas/biology/eagle-cam/cameras.php

Edited by Venturous Randy

As of today we have one eaglet and two eggs. If they all survive, this is going to be one full nest. You can slide the ball back on the time bar and see earlier video.

It is going to be very cold the next couple days.

It may take a few seconds for the cameras to load.

Randy

https://www.etsu.edu/cas/biology/eagle-cam/cameras.php

Randy,

Does the wind ever quit blowing 100mph on that mountain?

Randy,

Does the wind ever quit blowing 100mph on that mountain?

Actually, the nest is not on a mountain, but right above a lake/river. Right now it is a bit breezy as we have a warm front moving in. We were about 63 today. We now have two eaglets and the last egg has a hole in it.

If you go down to the second camera it looks directly down on the nest. Just give it a minute to load and it is live unless you slide the ball back.

Randy

do I see a 3rd smaller eaglet chick now?

Yep, we have three little eaglets.

We have been watching one of the parents feeding them fish.

Like I have said before, if you slide the time ball back a little at a time, you can see when there is a lot of feeding activity. One thing is for sure, they are pretty rough on each other. Sometimes one will end up with a mouthful of fur from another one. I hope the smaller one can fend for itself.

Randy

• 3 months later...
I just thought about this again so took a look. It appears that the chicks are growing up but still hanging around the nest.

Yeah, now the three young ones are as big or bigger than their parents. These have been good parents and have kept them well fed. They will fly off for a while, but come back to the nest to rest and be fed. It is amazing how they have beat the nest down this year compared to previous years. If this nest is to be used next year, there will need to be a lot of rebuilding.

It has been fun watching them, especially when they were first learning to fly and trying to land, or I should say crash landing. They could usually hit the nest, but not necessarily be able to stay on the nest, falling off.

Randy