IGNORED

UltraSonic Cleaner

snyper316

Ok I just got a new Ultrasonic Cleaner today I am curious as to what temperature is best to run it at, I cleaned up a set of carbs with it already but I am using I think Mean Green in it for cleaning, I could not find something called simple green. Where would I find that at would it be from a store or at an auto store?

I'm pretty sure Home Depot sells it. There are many variations of the Product name, Simple Green. I'd research and get the best product you intend to use it for. Somethings don't belong some places. I like this purple stuff I buy from Autozone, works great for engine cleaner, etc.

As far as temperature, It depends on what you are cleaning. Never go higher that the lowest temp component that you are putting in. Then it also depends on what solution you are using, Stay well below the flash point and be conscious that some solvents evaporate very fast when warmed.

Now with all of that to consider, I usually go as hot as I can based on what I am cleaning and what I am cleaning it with.

Ok who has used simple green vs mean green?

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Me Myself and I, tried simple green in the Sonic cleaner. The Simple Green hands down is the better product!!! I also used it today to clean my counter tops and used mean green to clean part of my stove, well lets just say I had to scrub with the mean green and simple green just about was a wipe with a wrag! Plus last night while I was washing my number 2 carb which I had already cleaned with Mean green I still ended up with brown water!! To top that the brackets came out looking like brand new!! So for anyone wondering sometimes it pays :mo money::mo money: other times your :crying:

I have an Elmo Ultra Sonic, and use a cleaner designed to remove oil and carbon... They make several different 'brews' depending on the job. Bought it online and it works great. BTW never use any type of solvent in an ultra sonic if you value your eyebrows... :-) I also run the temp at around 80degs, and don't forget to degas before starting... Love to watch the rust roll off parts...

I have an Elmo Ultra Sonic, and use a cleaner designed to remove oil and carbon... They make several different 'brews' depending on the job. Bought it online and it works great. BTW never use any type of solvent in an ultra sonic if you value your eyebrows... :-) I also run the temp at around 80degs, and don't forget to degas before starting... Love to watch the rust roll off parts...
How long does it take your cleaner to get that hot?

How long does it take your cleaner to get that hot?

Haven't got a clue. :think: I set the temp to 80deg, drop in the part, and it's pretty warm when I pull it out after I remember it's still running??? :whistling: The rust starts coming off as soon as I drop the part in...

Haven't got a clue. :think: I set the temp to 80deg, drop in the part, and it's pretty warm when I pull it out after I remember it's still running??? :whistling: The rust starts coming off as soon as I drop the part in...

Do you put in hot water? I put in cold tap water and I am lucky 1 hour later its up to 50°C the instructions I found online because mine only tells me to turn on put part in nothing about degassing... Mine I think I can set for 30 minutes max. But anyways the Instructions online suggest adding hot water to it and tells me how to degass and what to expect. Now You got me wanting to go pull rusty nails out of the wall in my garage... not sure if simple green will remove that but be interesting to see. I also noticed if it is running the temperature comes up faster. I am not sure of the brand of mine but this the one I got.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-Steel-10-L-Liter-Industry-Heated-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Heater-w-Timer/263185503580?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Do you put in hot water? I put in cold tap water and I am lucky 1 hour later its up to 50°C the instructions I found online because mine only tells me to turn on put part in nothing about degassing... Mine I think I can set for 30 minutes max. But anyways the Instructions online suggest adding hot water to it and tells me how to degass and what to expect. Now You got me wanting to go pull rusty nails out of the wall in my garage... not sure if simple green will remove that but be interesting to see. I also noticed if it is running the temperature comes up faster. I am not sure of the brand of mine but this the one I got.

Mine isn't that big... just over a gallon and my timer and temp are a dial and goes to 1hr/80deg. The count down is still digital. The size maybe the reason yours doesn't heat up a lot?? And I start with cold tap water... There's also a difference in the vibrating element. Transducers are usually piezoelectric (e.g. made with lead zirconate titanate (PZT), barium titanate, etc.), but are sometimes magnetostrictive. The mags are used in the less expensive units... OR maybe it's the other way around?? Degasing is a big secret. They all use the term, but never explain how.. But after much digging I found that running the bath for about 10 minutes before using will get rid of the air in the water and clean better.

https://www.zoro.com/elmasonic-ultrasonic-cleaner-capacity-15-gal-elmasonic-ep60h/i/G7179789/

Mine isn't that big... just over a gallon and my timer and temp are a dial and goes to 1hr/80deg. The count down is still digital. The size maybe the reason yours doesn't heat up a lot?? And I start with cold tap water... There's also a difference in the vibrating element. Transducers are usually piezoelectric (e.g. made with lead zirconate titanate (PZT), barium titanate, etc.), but are sometimes magnetostrictive. The mags are used in the less expensive units... OR maybe it's the other way around?? Degasing is a big secret. They all use the term, but never explain how.. But after much digging I found that running the bath for about 10 minutes before using will get rid of the air in the water and clean better.

https://www.zoro.com/elmasonic-ultrasonic-cleaner-capacity-15-gal-elmasonic-ep60h/i/G7179789/

O... ME OO My thats is a well mine looks like I paid a buck for it....