IGNORED

Has that ride report on the new Venture been posted yet (where)

SilvrT

It is I, VentureFar. And I haven’t gotten the link from ultimatemotorcycling.com yet.

By the way, spoiler alert, I turned around and only did 1/2 the distance because I hurt so bad. Developed a pain in my neck at 3 hours and a knot in my back at 3hrs 40minutes. Threw in the towel knowing I still had to ride 3hrs and 40 minutes back. For me, without highway pegs which don’t seem mountable without cutting plastic kept me from being able to push back on the back rest. And the seat hurt my butt after only 60 miles the day before when I rode it two up with the wife. So I used my trusty air pillow - so my butt didn’t hurt.

I am pressing for the link.

Will advise.

Sorry it is taking so long.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't sound good. No big deal about the shoulder pain. I had that on the RSV and some Flanders bars were the cure. I'm sure there will be such an easy fix for the new one. The footpeg deal would be a deal killer for me though. Like you, they are essential for my riding long distances along with the driver's backrest.

That doesn't sound good. No big deal about the shoulder pain. I had that on the RSV and some Flanders bars were the cure. I'm sure there will be such an easy fix for the new one. The footpeg deal would be a deal killer for me though. Like you, they are essential for my riding long distances along with the driver's backrest.

The backrest is built in and I have learned is adjustable but no way to push against it. I believe you will have to cut plastic to fit the mounting bracket.

VentureFar...

The backrest is built in and I have learned is adjustable but no way to push against it. I believe you will have to cut plastic to fit the mounting bracket.

VentureFar...

Say what!!!! To cut the plastic on a brand new bike to make it more functional or relaxing? Being able to occasionally move one legs to another resting point is a must have on a touring bike especially if you ride the super slabs any. I hope you can tailor your bike to your ergonomics without to much re-engineering. :biker:

Isn't there a set of highway pegs that bolt to the floorboards? I am sure I have seen them for other bikes.

That's what I had on my Victory ... simple install and made a huge difference ... rather good looking also ... (the foot pegs, not me :Bunny:)

Kuryakin make some swing out type footrest that bolt to floorboards. Though I doubt they have anything yet for this bike.

eda1a730227e96369d290c1c68220d70.jpg

Interesting. Never saw these before. No idea about the fitment. Look much better than my C clamp.......

VentureFar...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180223/eda1a730227e96369d290c1c68220d70.jpg

Interesting. Never saw these before. No idea about the fitment. Look much better than my C clamp.......

VentureFar...

Nahhh,, I LOVE the C-Clamp look!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon: Although I think a smaller C=Clamp for a footpeg clamped on to the taller C-Clamp would also be....:missingtooth:

Forgot who was doing it so can't seem to find anything.

Hey Silv,, seems how that VentureFar tends to fall on the more modest side of the code equation I would love to forward the earlier report he did on the Eluder for you in case you missed it = https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2018/02/07/2018-yamaha-star-eluder-test-death-valley-bust/

Something to wet the whistle while we wait patiently for his next installment!!:thumbsup:

Here is my ride report on the 2018 Venture. Two up and solo.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2018/03/01/iron-butt-comparison-2018-yamaha-star-venture-vs-personalized-2007-royal-star-venture/

Hope you like it, I enjoyed writing it for everyone here on the forum.

I hope it answers most of your questions. Feel free to ask about anything I didn't cover.

VentureFar...