IGNORED

Diet Pop??

Yammer Dan

Bob, 185 is impressive.:thumbsup:

Dan I know how that goes having a good cook that brings you a plateful. I have same problem here.

Mt doc has recommended that I shoot for 215 as a goal. He said I would not be happy or healthy if I got to much less than that.

I already know that there is no way I am going to get that old body back from my 20s and 30s. even then I was at 210 with a 30 inch waist. and non of that came from a gym, I was working a loading dock where forklifts were not allowed, All trucks had to hand loaded and unloaded.

This last tendon blowout really did a number on me. I gained 20 lbs and can not seem to get it to go away. I really need to better control my diet, and get off of the see food diet that I am on now. But that is really hard.

I do understand that to loose weight you must either reduce calories in or increase calories out. Between the rehab of the tendon and the really nasty winter I just have not gotten out to do much of anything, and it shows. This remodeling of the kitchen I thought would help as opposed to watching TV, But all it has done is to show me just how terribly out of shape I am.

Good luck, If we all stick together for moral support we can all get one up on this tonnage thing.

The Huffing and puffing got to be doing something, I left out the part where I was up to almost 300 a month ago, I have been doing my best to not overeat But darn it I am a good cook and I have two weeknesses, Tacos and Pizzas...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made it a day without pop and didn't go crazy eating. Now if I can make it to bed without raiding the Kitchen!!!

There is Ice Cream in there!!!!!

GOOD LUCK... I have not ate ice cream since my bday Nov 10th. It is so hard specially with Braum's being close by several places I go, I am sucker for reeses and they have reeses Ice cream, o that one Ice Cream Butter Brickle, Ok I need to quit I am not helping..:Avatars_Gee_George:

Yeah thats exactly it my Degenerative Disc Disease has made my back flatter and my belly rounder..... so I just need to lose a few pounds.. Ok I seriously need to quit this is bad..:photographing::mugshot:

I was trying to say my back is about 2" shorter than it used to be. And I used to weigh 260lbs when I finished my 3 yr 8 month contract job in Fl in 2013 that included 7 months of 6- 12's towards the end of the job. My weight really got out of hand. My heartbeat was irregular especially late in the work day. My back was really painful at times. That job almost killed me but I made a ton of money, well over $500k total the last two years and I only worked 8 months that last year! After coming home, I lost 30lbs by eating about half what I had been and got back on the exercise program and my heartbeat has been regular since then.

Gained 5 lbs since then and it's past time to lose a bunch more weight.

I was trying to say my back is about 2" shorter than it used to be. And I used to weigh 260lbs when I finished my 3 yr 8 month contract job in Fl in 2013 that included 7 months of 6- 12's towards the end of the job. My weight really got out of hand. My heartbeat was irregular especially late in the work day. My back was really painful at times. That job almost killed me but I made a ton of money, well over $500k total the last two years and I only worked 8 months that last year! After coming home, I lost 30lbs by eating about half what I had been and got back on the exercise program and my heartbeat has been regular since then.

Gained 5 lbs since then and it's past time to lose a bunch more weight.

I know what you were trying to say. I am just saying I have not done enuff, especially the going to bed hungry that is a hard one. I like to eat peanuts at night before bed... Right now I am out and made a peanut butter bread

I hate the word diet, moderation is a more achievable goal for most, myself included. The less processed foods you eat the better.
A diet is what you actually eat. A weight loss diet is something most people should stay away from because most, if not all, are not particularly health or sustainable for a long period. Put together a healthy diet that you enjoy with a reasonable portion of meat and complex carbs that contains lots of fiber and stay away from refined carbs. Once finding what you like to eat then work on portion size.

One thing you can do is keep a food diary for a month, then tally it up and look at it. This is a sobering experience. Check out MyFitnessPal, it's free.

This is the biggest pains. What is salt and sugar doing in frozen veggies. I always thought those the next best thing. Lil wrench hates cooked brocolli, carrots, celery he prefers those raw and eats potatoes raw.

I buy the 100%whole wheat whole grain bread and I find it delicious I wished I knew how to make it but I read the label of it and don't see flour but I will look more closely.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Most veggies naturally have salt and sugar in them, some more than others. It's the added sugar in processed food that adds up too fast. Both my sons refused to eat cooked veggies when they were young. The eldest would not eat any veggies that were mixed together, even raw ones. Fortunately he grew out of that.

A bread machine takes about 20 minutes to prep a healthy 100% whole wheat, whole grain loaf. I live alone so that works out well for me. For a family it would take perhaps 30 minutes to prep four loaves done the traditional way. It's also way less expensive.

I think one of the requirements of losing weight is to go to bed hungry:bang head:
I think that's a recipe for misery. I eat three meals a day with a snack before bed and virtually never feel hungry. Going hungry is not a good part of any sustainable diet. A small portion of meat protein, about 1/4 of your plate, two portions of veggies, about 1/2 your plate and 1/4 of your plate beans, lentils or brown rice which adds protein and digestible fiber all of which takes a while to digest. That combination gets me through to the next meal without ever getting hungry.

Everybody has their own method of losing weight. I used to start by drinking a can of slimfast for breakfast, another for lunch and eating enough supper to total 1000 calories for the day. It's really tough the first couple of days but after that the body switches to burning body fat and I wasn't as hungry. I'd lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks and afterwards switched to regular food and kept the calorie count to 2000 calories per day until I lost what I wanted to. Then I would adjust to a maintenance calorie count. Now, I just cut back on the calories but it's hard to do.

Everybody has their own method of losing weight. I used to start by drinking a can of slimfast for breakfast, another for lunch and eating enough supper to total 1000 calories for the day. It's really tough the first couple of days but after that the body switches to burning body fat and I wasn't as hungry. I'd lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks and afterwards switched to regular food and kept the calorie count to 2000 calories per day until I lost what I wanted to. Then I would adjust to a maintenance calorie count. Now, I just cut back on the calories but it's hard to do.
Yes they do but only 1000 calories in a day isn't very much. That's about 2 Big Mac's. You would have to be very dedicated to keep that up for long. The minimum that I have heard suggested is 1200 calories. I'm aiming for 2000 calories but I'm also trying to come up with the most nutritional choices to make up those calories. No empty calories for me and no starvation trauma because I don't have to go hungry and I'm slowly losing weight. Another 10 or 15 lbs to go but I'm happy with the way things are progressing and am not looking forward with anticipation to the day when I reach my stated goal.

I think it is important to exercise while losing weight so you won't lose muscle with the fat. Exercising doesn't help me much as far as losing weight though. I think you have to run about 25 miles to burn enough calories that equals a lb of fat. I'm sure it stimulates your metabulism though.

I think it is important to exercise while losing weight so you won't lose muscle with the fat. Exercising doesn't help me much as far as losing weight though. I think you have to run about 25 miles to burn enough calories that equals a lb of fat. I'm sure it stimulates your metabulism though.

Also noteworthy that fat weighs less than muscle, if you exercise and burn fat while replacing it with increased muscle your scale may not look as optimistic as it otherwise would without exercise. The benefits are great though obviously.

I went to the store a little bit ago, I almost grabbed me a diet pop, When I make tea I use the off brand of Splenda but half a cup to a gallon of tea just enuff to taste the sweet. I have been drinking more water too... I got alot of fat that converts to sugar, Being diabetic definatly dont need!!! But I would like to convert some of this fat to muscle too!!

I think we all have pretty much debunked the idea that "diet" pop or for that matter "diet" anything is a good choice to make. Counting calories is only relevant if you are eating nutritious food compared to highly refined junk food. Here is a little article that makes that point.

For anyone interested in trimming down a bit or a lot, it is really worthwhile to do a little research on what foods are nutritional. Fad diets are a short term solution but inevitably they grow tiresome, while some are actually unhealthy over a long term.

Surprising enough, nutritionally good food is less expensive than fake diet food or junk food.