IGNORED

Locked out!!

snyper316

At least you left it running so she didn't get cold :rotf:

Locked my keys in car back in 80s. EVERY vehicle since, I've had a magnetic case with spare key hidden. Never has happened since.

I was told not to do that here... I want to go back where I can leave my keys in my car and will still be there in the morning... Too much has come up missing....

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

I was told not to do that here... I want to go back where I can leave my keys in my car and will still be there in the morning... Too much has come up missing....

You leave keys in a car here, running or not, and it is a $200 ticket. If you are lucky you will get the ticket, odds are the car will be gone. The city of Milwaukee has had almost 600 cars stolen already this year.

I never had luck with the magnetic key holders, they always fall off. I have keys scattered all over the state. But then I do a lot of off road playing. I have my spare hey hidden and tie wrapped in place so that it will actually still be there if I ever need it. The odds of someone finding it and staling the vehicle are pretty slim.

You leave keys in a car here, running or not, and it is a $200 ticket. If you are lucky you will get the ticket, odds are the car will be gone. The city of Milwaukee has had almost 600 cars stolen already this year.

I never had luck with the magnetic key holders, they always fall off. I have keys scattered all over the state. But then I do a lot of off road playing. I have my spare hey hidden and tie wrapped in place so that it will actually still be there if I ever need it. The odds of someone finding it and staling the vehicle are pretty slim.

Why would you get a ticket? That is silly... I know of one place to put one but retrieving would be interesting...

Why would you get a ticket? That is silly... I know of one place to put one but retrieving would be interesting...

This year is only 47 days old and almost 600 cars have already been stolen. Most had the keys in them with the owner standing right there pumping gas or just running into the store for a gallon of milk or whatever or warming it up cuz it is sub zero temps. The tickets are the way they are trying to get people to stop making it easy for the thiefs.

Interesting is probably a good place unless you are prone to locking yourself out of the car often. As long as interesting is not a place the requires the key to get to. :whistling:

This year is only 47 days old and almost 600 cars have already been stolen. Most had the keys in them with the owner standing right there pumping gas or just running into the store for a gallon of milk or whatever or warming it up cuz it is sub zero temps. The tickets are the way they are trying to get people to stop making it easy for the thiefs.

Interesting is probably a good place unless you are prone to locking yourself out of the car often. As long as interesting is not a place the requires the key to get to. :whistling:

Tie a string and dip it..... I've only lost one key doing that.. The string was 4 yrs old lol..

I never had luck with the magnetic key holders, they always fall off.

I have never lost one. Must be all the crud up there, not that Indy is much better. They have saved my college girls a time or two as well. I like keeping them on top of the frame rail, seems to hide from elements a bit.

Carry two keys is the answer. My truck does have a door keypad that comes in handy sometimes.
Ok it was kinda my fault I have a key that can come out of ignition so I can warm my truck up. You can not see in video but I left my keys in the cup holder there was no key in ignition. I was just dropping kids off so had lounge pants on and light jacket.

So tired of its our fault not the criminals fault. I'd be willing bet the local PD in that city have a DO Not Chase policy, as well as a revolving door policy for JV offenders. Had the same issue here in Tampa, New mayor came in, had the police put the shotguns back in the racks next to the radio so they could be seen. Reinstated the chase policy, and arranged it so that every JV had to spend 48 hrs in jail before being booked and sent to the judge.

Guess what, car theft dropped! 6702 auto thefts in 2002 versus 602 in 2012

So tired of its our fault not the criminals fault. I'd be willing bet the local PD in that city have a DO Not Chase policy, as well as a revolving door policy for JV offenders. Had the same issue here in Tampa, New mayor came in, had the police put the shotguns back in the racks next to the radio so they could be seen. Reinstated the chase policy, and arranged it so that every JV had to spend 48 hrs in jail before being booked and sent to the judge.

Guess what, car theft dropped! 6702 auto thefts in 2002 versus 602 in 2012

You hit it.

Chase speed limit is at 80 mph.

In the thousands of JV auto thefts not one single felony conviction, back on the street in days and many JVs have a dozen or more times they got caught. Most that get caught are driving thru the city at 80+ so they will not be chased, and end up killing or maiming innocent people when they crash, and most do crash while flying thru red lights and stop signs at 80+.

The police chief just resigned under pressure to reinstate chases, hoping for a chief that has a clue. Then we need a new DA that will actually charge these monsters with felony's and keep them off the streets. They kill people and get probation for a misdemeanor offense.:rant: