IGNORED

Carb Screw Kit?

luvmy40

same here but i am thinking there different lengths....

I just went through my 1st Gen carbs this afternoon and all screws were same length. Of course, they were not original... Not on an 89. But the security screws were there, one per carb. I kept them in. But did replace the rest.

4 screws gave me grief turning a 30 minute job into an all afternoon affair!

Everything looked good.

I just went through my 1st Gen carbs this afternoon and all screws were same length. Of course, they were not original... Not on an 89. But the security screws were there, one per carb. I kept them in. But did replace the rest.

4 screws gave me grief turning a 30 minute job into an all afternoon affair!

Everything looked good.

I have to ask, WHY did you keep the security screws in there? Those are one of the main reasons people get new screws??? :confused24:

Or am I just old and not interpreting this correctly?

I have to ask, WHY did you keep the security screws in there? Those are one of the main reasons people get new screws??? :confused24:

Or am I just old and not interpreting this correctly?

Rats! I was afraid someone would ask that question.

No Jeff, you read it right. I did leave the security screws in...for a really good reason. A dumb reason.

You see, when I went to the store and bought the new hex screws, I counted how many I would need....and got that amount. Came back home and put the screws in a little jar and labelled them for whenever I got around to using them on the carbs. Well...I bought 12. :confused24:

DUH. :doh:

And that's why the security screws are back on. Sigh....:bang head:

Rats! I was afraid someone would ask that question.

No Jeff, you read it right. I did leave the security screws in...for a really good reason. A dumb reason.

You see, when I went to the store and bought the new hex screws, I counted how many I would need....and got that amount. Came back home and put the screws in a little jar and labelled them for whenever I got around to using them on the carbs. Well...I bought 12. :confused24:

DUH. :doh:

And that's why the security screws are back on. Sigh....:bang head:

To me that sounds like a really good reason to jump on the bike and go for a ride in search of 4 more screws.........

I'm sure they are at least 100 miles away.................