IGNORED

Rear Coil Problems

Peter66

Hi all

I hope you can assist with a problem I am having with my 2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe.I noticed that the right rear ignition coil was not working. Bought a new coil and put that on and still not firing.(no spark to plug).

So done the usual tests and everything is fine. On the left rear coil the wires are red/black and orange.

The right rear coil is red/black and yellow. Where I was tired I put the orange wire from the left rear coil on to the right rear coil in error. But then I got a strong spark?.

I have checked and tested everything I can and now I am losing what little hair I have. As I said if I put the orange wire from the left rear coil on the right rear, it sparks, but obviously that cant be right.

The bike starts, OK it runs a bit ruff/low on power but it runs, all lights work, etc etc.

Bike has had new plugs, new HT caps.

I do not own a 2nd gen I am not the expert you need. The electric gurus will surely chime in to help you eventually but if you post this on the 2nd generation tech talk someone will maybe see your problem faster. By the way :welcome1:

Hi all

I hope you can assist with a problem I am having with my 2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe.I noticed that the right rear ignition coil was not working. Bought a new coil and put that on and still not firing.(no spark to plug).

So done the usual tests and everything is fine. On the left rear coil the wires are red/black and orange.

The right rear coil is red/black and yellow. Where I was tired I put the orange wire from the left rear coil on to the right rear coil in error. But then I got a strong spark?.

I have checked and tested everything I can and now I am losing what little hair I have. As I said if I put the orange wire from the left rear coil on the right rear, it sparks, but obviously that cant be right.

The bike starts, OK it runs a bit ruff/low on power but it runs, all lights work, etc etc.

Bike has had new plugs, new HT caps.

check for continuity on wiring harness, unplug from ignitor and check.if wire is open replace wire,if not check ignitor. what are HT caps????