IGNORED

Shinko 777HD's

videoarizona

Finally..the deed is done. Was forced to put new feet on the RSV due to a screw in the rear tire. Never liked those Pirelli Routes anyway!

Cleaned and lubed the rear end and brake calipers while I was there. The rear end was well lubed and the final drive gears and pins were in good shape. I cleaned the pins, rotated them around until they fell into their holes, greased them and put the clip back in place. Simple stuff...and this was my first time taking the final drive off a wheel.

Went for a short ride today after install.

Good grief! Like power steering! I know new tires are easy to ride on...but this was like night and day! The Pirellis only had about 5K on them...but these new Shinko's feel like a brand new pillow on a freshly made bed! (yea ok...I'm getting a bit carried away)

Going on a longer ride in the morning to put some miles on the tires. I'll report back then...

Of course, no pics of my grease monkey imitation...to dirty to pick up phone!

I saw Motorman's video Saturday just after he published it. Cool.

Well...put around 80 miles on the tires today. Freeway and lots of twistie 2 lanes. Other than the front tire not balanced properly...I'm impressed with the 777HD's.

They handle well enough that I found myself over-correcting on turns this morning as we started out on 2 lane roads out of north Phoenix.

They ride very well, handle well and inspire confidence in this 70 year old bod riding an 867 pound scoot.

They glide over the ruts and tar strips without a wiggle. Even the ones parallel to the road! They are quiet as well. On some of the 40 mph twisties, I was smiling at how easy it was to smoothly transition from corner to corner. Slow speed maneuvers in Denny's parking lot in Care Free were far easier than with the Pirellis. The 2nd Gen really was feeling like a totally different scoot.

Tomorrow I'll take the front tire off and go back to the shop for a re-balance. I'll keep everyone posted as to how this turns out.

Stay tuned...

Staying tuned Vaz!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They as good as the Tour Masters? I LOVE my Tour Masters brother!! Cant wait to hear a full ride report from ya on the 777's!!!!!

Puc

Are they as good as the Tourmasters? They stick like them but ride is a tad harder. They are still superior in ride to the Pirellis that I've had on since tires were new.

Test ride after re-balance will be tomorrow.

BUT..... Learned something today. Do not try to balance the RSV front tires with the two small spacers on.... Those little guys that go between the wheel and the forks. They were throwing off the machine. Once we took them off

The Front tire balanced easily. Going for a mid day ride tomorrow. Will report back. Have to play golf in the afternoon so won't spend to much time on the road. Just want to get some more slab time above 75mph and some twistie time too.

So far I'm not regretting staying with the OEM size front. The tires handle so much better, I'm good with the 150 size.

Front tire smooth. Great ride. Pushed her up to 85mph.... Smooth!

Put another 80 miles on. Have to say... These tires are good on the RSV. New bike.

On way back, saw lots of campers at the long range part of Ben Avery Shooting Range. So stopped to get a pic across the road. Ben Avery is one of the premier ranges in the country and one of few that have a1000 yard range. I think the snipers we out in competition there today!

20180206_114631.jpg

I've had the 777 HD on the rear for a while now. Great when its wet ( can control the power slide) very smooth. The wear well lets say this. after almost 3K miles the tread is still sharp and looks almost new. The E3 at this pint would be showing wear and have me thinking about buying one just in case. Now i'm a 300 pounder and ride it hard everyday, If i don't hit the century mark at least twice a week on the slab its because i've been driving the car.

• 2 months later...