IGNORED

Gasket question

I replaced my clutch springs last night. Cleaned off the old gasket syrfaces which was no big deal. I have a new gasket for the clutch cover and wonder if I need to put a sealant on with it? Doesn't seem like there was anything other than simply the gasket there before and I never had any leaks. Just a quick yes or no answer is all I need and I can have this thing back to test the clutch springs today while it's 50 degrees for about 2 hours this afternoon

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If the crack does cause a leak, you can find used covers on eBay. As far as gaskets go, I simply cover both sides with a light grease. I've had good luck doing that, and if you ever need to take a cover off you can probably reuse the gasket on the reinstall.

In my mind it seems like that's the outside of the ring that holds the bolt and should not cause a leak since two-thirds of the circle is tight. Guess I better check fleabay for a cover...

If you look at a normal gasket, it will completely circle every bolt hole. So - I would imagine that a crack in the outer edge of the aluminum surrounding a bolt should not have any effect.

zag