IGNORED

Any tricks fr rust on chrome?

baylensman

My bike doesn't live inside, my bike doesn't hide from the rain. I do have a car port and wash it almost weekly with Mike's miracle motor cycle juice. However, i'm starting to collect some "ORANGE" discoloration in the nooks and crannies of some of the pieces. US made flag mount and pole, US made Wide band camps for the mufflers, Barons swicth block and housing. and the Chinese luggage rack knock off is starting to discolor on the welds after 4 years on the bike!, the worst is probably the antenna bases from Mama Yama. I have some naval jelly, but i'm willing to try other products if somebody has a GEE WHIZER let me know!

I plan on going over the area after de rusting, with some testers silver paint and a fine brush to seal them back up. Also open to suggestion on this.

042.jpg043.jpg043.jpg

I use Turtle wax Chrome Polish and Rust remover, and also No7 Chrome and Metal Polish I find works as well. If I have spot where the welds are I will use a small plastic brush a stiff tooth brush will work also to help break up the rust. The pictures I put on was just a fairly quick job because I wanted to show a how good the Turtle wax would do. Big pits or if the chrome has flaked off there isn't much you can do.

Orlin

Chrome is porous and needs regular wax or polish to keep it from discoloring. The best chrome job is nickle plate to rustproof and then chrome to shine it up. I don't think Yamaha spent the money to do that.

Crumpled aluminum foil does a pretty good job of cleaning rusty colored chrome. After cleaning give it coat of your favourite polish.

This is the stuff I use! should I add wax over this when i'm done washing?

MJ works amazing as a rinseless and waterless wash on autos too!

This awesome polymer concoction is the right choice for all cleaning, shining, and protecting your motorcycle. It was specifically designed for motorcycle use on all surfaces including paint and chrome. Never wax again! This one product is all you will ever need to make your motorcycle look its absolute best at all times!

Directions: Use in or out of the sun. Spray on surface, wipe with a clean microfiber towel, and you're done! If you want to wash your motorcycle more thoroughly, put 1 gallon of water in a bucket and add 2 oz of Magnum to the water. Place 3- 4 microfiber towels in the bucket and proceed to execute the Garry Dean Wash Method (Do a Google search for how to videos).Now stand back and enjoy the shine! Please visit DetailJuice.com for how to videos.

https://www.detailjuice.com/product-category/motorcycle/

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 9.31.06 AM.png

What is really important is to use something that will seal the pores. If you do not seal it it will rerust very quickly. Polish is an abrasive that will clean. Polish does noting to protect the surface. You need something that has some kind of sealer in it. There are some polishes that also contain a sealer to protect what you just cleaned.

Once you get it all polished and clean, you must seal it immediately. At the microscopic level it will start to rust again in just a few minutes. Anything you put over that new rust just seals it in.

What is really important is to use something that will seal the pores. If you do not seal it it will rerust very quickly. Polish is an abrasive that will clean. Polish does noting to protect the surface. You need something that has some kind of sealer in it. There are some polishes that also contain a sealer to protect what you just cleaned.

Once you get it all polished and clean, you must seal it immediately. At the microscopic level it will start to rust again in just a few minutes. Anything you put over that new rust just seals it in.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: But the Turtle Wax is Great to clean it up!! Seal it with???