IGNORED

Unfortunate Update

cecdoo

Been trying to figure out an easy way to bring this up since December, but unfortunately I dont believe there is an easy way so I will just put it out there. I have been having some problems with what I believed to be a sprained back since Sept. After all types of therapy with poor results they decided to do some testing as well as imaging. Beginning of Dec. I was diagnosed with Multiple Myloma it is a rare bone marrow cancer, that eats away at your bone, I have already had one operation on my spine and will probably need more. There is no cure but there are treatments to get it to remission and then a bone marrow transplant. Kim and I are both doing well, we are trying to keep positive, laugh every chance we get and hope for the best. I have gone from 190lbs to 155lbs in 2 months and aged about 10yrs. Hopefully we can turn that around. I started treatments this week and so far have been tolerating them pretty well. Dont know if we will be doing any riding this year, but I am holding out hope and that trike just mite make it possible. Well you are all caught up, hopefully I can share some better news as the treatments continue.

Thanks Craig

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Remember....it ain't over 'till it's over.

When my wife Lisa had Leukemia back in the 90s, I was twice told to gather the family as she may not make it until morning.

Here we are 25 years later, and at this point she doesn't even have to say she's in "remission" anymore.

At this point she's cured.

Hang in there my friend, .....hope to see you at MD or WNY Rally.:bighug:

Craig,

I've already told you this but I'll repeat it here. Whatever you need, whenever you need it, we are here for you. You are a great friend and a great member here. Please know that you are in our prayers. As has been said, it's not over until it's over. I do believe in and have experience miracles. I pray that one will come your way.

Not the same, but hopefully this will help a bit.

In June of 2006 a tennis-ball sized tumor suddenly popped up on our collarbone. Wasn't difficult to figure out it was a deep doo-doo scenario. Oncology quickly confirmed the collar bone tumor was connected to the Prostate! (Who knew THAT???) Final diagnosis: Stage 4 Prostate Cancer, metastisized to the Pelvic Bone (incurable, maximum life span five years, IF lucky).

Called the three Kids together, and we all decided the only way to deal with this mess was to ignore it as long as possible, and continue living 'The Good Life' while Health would allow it. Quick Math: it is now 2017; we're still kickin', and the only thing slowing us down is a side effect from Treatment - seriously 'enhanced' arthritic problems.

Careful attention to Diet, along with a positive attitude are the only things we've done to keep going.

We wish you the best for 2018, AND beyond. Every day Mister Sun shows up in the East is a huge win, and appreciating the support of your Loved Ones - Family AND Friends - will help immensely.

Best wishes, WRIDR

There isn't anybody gonna leave this world until the Boss says so, He sets your life span and keeps the bad things in check. If we recognize Him then we will never die, we will just move from this life to the eternal life, not necessarily an easy road, but one that has a promise. I pray that you might meet Him and find that the destination need not be a horror story, but a blessing. We will hold you in our prayers and ask that the necessary healing will take place so you can know the power He has.

Not the kind of news I want to wake up to my friend! We've known you personally since way back at the Asheville Rally in 2007 and took an immediate liking to you, and when we finally got to meet Kim we felt the same towards her! We are saddened to hear of this, and you will be in our prayers!!!

We wish you all the best and as Don said if you need anything at all let us know.