IGNORED

That FlyinFool is AMAZING!! New Wing release info inside, also a TX's weather alert!

cowpuc

I have a REALLY bad flaw in my character that involves getting overly ecstatic about bikes,, especially when one of the mainstays like our Ventures is having a complete makeover.. The latest and greatest announcement of one of these makeovers is the new Honda Wing = WOWZY is it GORGEOUS IMHO..

I have been closely following what that company has been doing (if you havent and you are still into this stuff you should check em out = new 4 valve motor, shrunk down in size with "clamshell" bags like on our beloved MK1's, huge weight reduction and EVERYTHING) over on a Wing site.. On that site there is a Moderator named "Rail" who got a very special invite to go to a press unveiling/release of the new scoot wayyyyyyy down buy bikerjohn 's in SOUTHERN :scorched:Texas (hey John,, you folks got any funny lookin white stuff gatherin in front of your garage?) with "the plan" to including some seat time riding the new scoots (lucky sucker,,,,, thinking back on Americade last year = we only got to SEE the new Venture,, didnt get to ride it,,, of course,, "we" (Tip n I) are not Moderators or nuttin so I guess I should just shut up and be thankful they even let us see it).. Armed with a plathora of Wing site questions, Mr. Rail and his wife "Betty" got on the plane and are down there now eagerly waiting to do a huge ride comparison between this amazing (Honda's words - I dont give my opinion of such things until I have a chance to see/taste/smell and torture one for myself) new bike and the old 1800 and then....

In walks @Flyinfool and his relentless turbo charged Wisconsin White Washer... I just read over on that site that ALL BETS ARE OFF!!! :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

OK,,, back to the regularly scheduled pukin...:sign67:

Edited by cowpuc

OOPIE!!!??

:snow2::snow::snow::snow2::thumbsup:

:rotfl::rotfl::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:one would think that a company that has been around as long as Honda would have learned a longggggggg time ago that the first rule of thumb in the free market system is to spy on your competitors web pages :crackup:

Hopefully it all comes around so the folks down there can get a ride in SAFELY...

You see where they trimmed 90 pounds off that Wing Jeff? WOWZY = THAT is some serious dieting!!

I lost about 110 lbs once. But turned around once I realized she wasn't on the back. Trimming 90 lbs off of a tried and true design was quite a feat. It has to help in the handling department alone. I would give it a serious look see if I was a young buck and starting this touring riding all over again.

Well if Honda trimmed 90 lbs, then we know where Yamaha found the extra tonnage to add to the Venture. I wonder, what is the heaviest production bike out right now????

I don't think that my poor mangled foot can safely control either one. I am still looking to drop 30 more lbs and have the bike drop at least 200.