IGNORED

Long Term Storage

This summer going to put the bike into about a 6 month storage. On all my other bikes, outboard motors, I've always shut off the fuel and let the motor suck out all the fuel from the carbs. Been doing this on my 1400 Intruder for years with no issues, and my outboard was in storage for almost 8 years, started without any issues. Also put seafoam in the tank. Now I would assume I can do the same for my 99 RSV, but I thought I'd see if anyone else uses this method on this bike.

Thanks

Ken

6 months is not that long. Real winter lasts longer than that up north.

A lot depends on what kind of gas you have available. If you have access to ethanol free gas then that is what you want to store it with. Add your Seafoam and/or Stabil to that. Tank should be completely full to avoid condensation in the take as the temperature and humidity change. If you have treated ethanol free gas in the bike and you have taken it for a long enough ride to be sure that the treated gas is all the way thru the fuel system then it is not necessary to drain the carbs. On the other hand, if you must store it with ethanol gas then still treat it but I would drain that crap gas out of the carbs.

If you can, put the bike up on something so that its weight is not on the tires or suspension. IF you must store it on the wheels, make sure the tires are properly inflated, and check them every once in a while, I had a tire go down over the winter and it caused the bike to fall over on the right side.