IGNORED

Got my new throttle cable. Does it not work right??

Hey guys! I got my new throttle cable in the mail because the plastic adjustment on it was busted. I got the new one and it doesn't screw in all the way. It only goes up half way. Is this normal? I don't wanna go through the trouble of putting a bad throttle cable on!

Thanks in advance fellas!

Never replacing a throttle cable before kind of puts the kabosh on giving any advice to help you. But when you say the adjuster does not screw all the way in kind of leads me to believe that maybe your cable adjuster on the new cable is longer? If not I would refer to the service manual on the proper procedure for adjusting the throttle cables. I have lubed the cables on mine before when I had the faring off many moons ago but never have had to replace a cable before.:scratchchin:

It's not supposed to screw all the way in. That your adjustment. Set it to the depth you need and use the jamb nut/thumb nut to hold it in that position...

I just wanted to be sure before I tore all that plastic off to replace it. See on my old one, the threads got brittle and actually broke off which probably explains why I could screw my old one in all the way...

Thanks!!!