IGNORED

what is in the factory tool kit?

mantree91

Well I dont know if there is any difference between first and second gen kits. But I believe my second gen kit had a spark plug socket that you could put the screw driver shaft thru to break loose. A flip screw driver, probably a 8-10, 9-11, 12-13 open end wrenches. None of the tools are very good quality. A pair of joke pliers. I think if you had a flip screw driver, a couple of choice allens and 8-10-11-13 mm wrench youd have it covered. On my Victory I have my leatherman tool I carry on my belt, a roll of electrical tape in the bag, a cell phone and credit card. Truth is I dont think your going to be able to fix a hole lot on the side of the road anymore. Unless your Cowpuc.

Well I dont know if there is any difference between first and second gen kits. But I believe my second gen kit had a spark plug socket that you could put the screw driver shaft thru to break loose. A flip screw driver, probably a 8-10, 9-11, 12-13 open end wrenches. None of the tools are very good quality. A pair of joke pliers. I think if you had a flip screw driver, a couple of choice allens and 8-10-11-13 mm wrench youd have it covered. On my Victory I have my leatherman tool I carry on my belt, a roll of electrical tape in the bag, a cell phone and credit card. Truth is I dont think your going to be able to fix a hole lot on the side of the road anymore. Unless your Cowpuc.
Just about all of my repairs are on the side of the road or in the auto zone parking lot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That would be fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Okay, I'll set it up tomorrow. I dont know for sure if it's a gen1 kit but it came with the bike with all the factory headsets and all so pretty good bet its the right one. It sure has all the right stuff in it, so thats pretty nice. I also have a supplementary tool pouch with a few knick knacks.

I have to laugh when I see "tire gauge" in one of these bike kits. My 2nd gen one I tried out. I couldnt get the same pressure twice. It was more like a check and average out. i would check with my known good gaure and the OEM would be anywhere from 2-7lb difference. In the trash it went.

I've done my share of repairs beside the road. I have a 1st Gen and 2nd Gen complete but carry a small box with the tools of my choice in it in one of the bags. Doesn't take up much space.

Thats me too. I also have a Gold Wing tool kit and have added to all three over the years.