IGNORED

Valve Job Service needed in Orlando

1joeranger

Morning All!

Been forever since posting here. Actually had to figure out how to post!

My job is carrying us to Orlando, the Kissimmee area, here in January. Bike is approaching 65k so it is overdue for a valve job. Since the wife and I travel and live out of our RV I will need to take the girl (Bike!) in for this service unless someone has a place and shims and willingness? I am reaching out, though, to find who is reputable to work on Tour Deluxes in the Orlando area?

Thanks!

Hey Joe,

It's GREAT to see you back on the Forum, It's been a while! I can't offer you any suggestions on where to get this service done in Orlando, but I can offer gasket sets, and my shop shim kit if you wanted to do this service yourself while visiting Florida. If this would work for you, let me know.

Again, great to have you back!

Earl

cAs always you are AWESOME Earl!

Never left just haven't had much to contribute. I check in from time to time and I keep up with Don via Facebook. Thanks for the kind offer which i will keep in mind if someone volunteers a workshop or garage. RV site is just not gonna work!!!

Hey Joe,, dont know nuttin about nuttin but do know I wanted to say THANK YOU for your service to God and Country my brother!! Your dedication in the fight to keep our way of life going is GREATLY appreciated Joe!! :usa::happy34:

All the best in getting your scoot back up to snuff down there!!:guitarist 2:

Puc

That is very kind of you! Unfortunately the last dealings I had with the Navy was at Little Creek Naval Gunfire School. Had to tour the bowels of a destroyer as part of the training. I remember a seaman telling me that anyone who jumped out of airplanes was a whole lot of crazy. Feeling crazy from hitting my head a few times on bulkheads made me respond. "Anyone who goes to sea for 6 months without any women might want to look in a mirror for the definition of crazy!!"

Hey, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

That is very kind of you! Unfortunately the last dealings I had with the Navy was at Little Creek Naval Gunfire School. Had to tour the bowels of a destroyer as part of the training. I remember a seaman telling me that anyone who jumped out of airplanes was a whole lot of crazy. Feeling crazy from hitting my head a few times on bulkheads made me respond. "Anyone who goes to sea for 6 months without any women might want to look in a mirror for the definition of crazy!!"

Hey, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

They did call me "Crazy Joe" makes sense now and I actually enjoyed jumping out of perfectly good aircraft but too expensive now and thank you too :)

My job is carrying us to Orlando, the Kissimmee area, here in January. Bike is approaching 65k so it is overdue for a valve job. Since the wife and I travel and live out of our RV I will need to take the girl (Bike!) in for this service unless someone has a place and shims and willingness? I am reaching out, though, to find who is reputable to work on Tour Deluxes in the Orlando area?

I know there are at least 4 Yamaha dealers in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, closest to Kissimmee is CENTRAL FLORIDA POWERSPORTS, INC. I have not personally dealt with them, but they are listed as a PRO Yamaha dealer, here is their website http://www.centralfloridapowersports.com/.

I have been dealing with Daytona Fun Machine for over 20 years and never had any problems, it is a bit far from Orlando, but if you do not get any recommendations for the Orlando area, I know Fun Machine will do the job right.

I know there are at least 4 Yamaha dealers in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, closest to Kissimmee is CENTRAL FLORIDA POWERSPORTS, INC. I have not personally dealt with them, but they are listed as a PRO Yamaha dealer, here is their website http://www.centralfloridapowersports.com/.

I have been dealing with Daytona Fun Machine for over 20 years and never had any problems, it is a bit far from Orlando, but if you do not get any recommendations for the Orlando area, I know Fun Machine will do the job right.

Actually 84 miles is not that far and I will take a serious look at Fun Machine! Also looking at Cycle Pro Orlando who has high ratings on Google Maps.

Thanks!!

If you go to Fun Machine ask to talk to Roxie the service writer, she is the service manager’s wife, tell Steve Kowalcky from Edgewater recommended them. They always treat me right.

Once you get settled let me know if you want to ride with the local STAR chapter in Orlando, I can get you the email invite list for the monthly ride.

You probably don't want to take it to a dealer,not unless you have deep pockets. Most dealers start at $400.00 for valve adjustment and more times then not they find the clearances with in spec's. wish I wasn't so far away, I'd do it for you.

ps, All navy ships have women stationed on them now...just saying.

We are nomads and haven't been home in 2 years. Actually home is the RV. Not complaining here. We love the full time RVing it just does not lend itself to service work on my bike of this nature Unless someone in the area we are currently in has a facility and a willingness to help out. Again, not complaining. My pockets are deep enough to handle the expense IF I can find a competent service center. She's worth it!

PS. Military was quite different in the early 80's... just saying!

Thank you for your service! (something not heard back then either)

We are nomads and haven't been home in 2 years. Actually home is the RV. Not complaining here. We love the full time RVing it just does not lend itself to service work on my bike of this nature Unless someone in the area we are currently in has a facility and a willingness to help out. Again, not complaining. My pockets are deep enough to handle the expense IF I can find a competent service center. She's worth it!

PS. Military was quite different in the early 80's... just saying!

Thank you for your service! (something not heard back then either)

WE have talked it over a few times. (full time RV thing) But after living in a mobile home fro 20yr in the USAF I'm not sure I want to do that again. I like having room to work on stuff. Took me almost a week to do mine. But I took my time and didnt work on it every day either. I had probably 6-8 hours in getting the body work off before I could actually inspect the valves. I had all the shims I needed as the same ones fit the FJ1200 motor I had in a racecar. I could maybe work it in, but no telling when I could get to it and finish. Steve has experience with a dealer up that way its probably your best bet.