IGNORED

LED compatable??

WPD428

As long as the wattage of the LED is not more than the bulb it is replacing then the wiring is compatible.

Do not make the assumption that LED means low power, some (not even most) of the high brightness LEDs use MORE power than the stock bulb.

The other big thing to consider is that many LED headlight bulbs will not focus correctly in your stock housing so they will look really good up close but suffer trying to get light down the road, and more importantly an improperly focused and aimed headlight will blind oncoming drivers where you really do not want someone coming at you with a 120 MPH closing speed with their eyes closed because you light is not right.

Before you do the switch park the bike in the driveway and mark the spot it is parked, turn on the headlight so that it is shining on a wall or the garage door, make the height of the top of the beam, now after changing to the LED put the bike in the same position and check the height of the beam, make sure that all of the bright parts of the beam are below the mark that you made on the wall.

So how pray tell did you get that headlight to work? The RSV has a sealed lens set up, you only change the bulb. In order to make the Daymaker headlight work you have to cut the glass part of the headlight apart and do quite a bit of work from what I have read. No easy job. The passing lights are a bolt in job.

As for the LED headlight bulbs, the issue I have heard guys have to make provisions for is most have heat sinks on the back that get into the wiring or just simply not enough room behind the bulb before it hits the fairing.

So how pray tell did you get that headlight to work? The RSV has a sealed lens set up, you only change the bulb. In order to make the Daymaker headlight work you have to cut the glass part of the headlight apart and do quite a bit of work from what I have read. No easy job. The passing lights are a bolt in job.

As for the LED headlight bulbs, the issue I have heard guys have to make provisions for is most have heat sinks on the back that get into the wiring or just simply not enough room behind the bulb before it hits the fairing.

Well sir, you have been misinformed. As I said it takes a little work. You have to modify the original mount to accept the led bucket. No glass cutting at all. Here is a picture that someone on here did a few years ago that I used for a pattern. The adjustment system has to be eliminated, but as you'll see another is installed. Any questions I'll be glad to help. IMG_1399.jpgIMG_1620.JPG

Well OK aint the first time. Looks to work OK. Sure would be best option of LED VS the plug in bulb. As has been mentioned many times on both the LED and HID "replacement" type bulbs, the lens/reflectors dont always give the best desired results. I did have an HID in mine and it worked great. Took some adjusting to get settled right. But this set up wont fit my current headlight. s-l1000.jpg