IGNORED

gas price

mraf

Been awhile since there has been any chatter about gas prices. Anyone hear if they're going up or down in the near future. My research has left me puzzled. Around here they have been steadily rising a little at a time. Low prices for fuel is a sure help for the MAGA cause. I sure would hate to see fuel prices as high as they got a few years ago. It put the kabosh on a lot of life in general. I liked not going over $10.00 for a fill up on our last motorcycle trip.:biker:

I use an app called Gas Buddy to check out gas prices if I'm going on a trip. Our local prices have been pretty steady since say June or so. $2.35 to around 2.45 or so. Few pennies up or down. I think mid summer was high 2.40ish.

Our local Walmart is $2.19 with some of the local stations being up to $2.29.

I was cleaning up some old emails the other day and ran across one about gas being $3.50 in 2008 around here somewhere. Oil prices have been creeping up to about $60 a barrel from the $40's and I keep thinking we may see a big jump soon. It seems that Russia may be becoming a bigger player when it comes to setting output with some of the middle eastern countries and they are all wanting a bigger slice of the pie.

Randy

I do not post very often , I had to get in on this one . our gas prices are just on a bit of a downward slide right now , LOL , see our gas prices go up just before every holiday . Yup you heard that right , we are told that gas will be in a higher demand so there for they have to put the price up ?????? Does not make sense to me either . We were around $0.98 per liter (3.75liter-USgal ) then just before our long week end it jumped to $1.16 per liter , I think I saw it yesterday at $1.10 , going down slowly . They throw the price up 2 days before a holiday and then it takes a good 2 weeks for it to come back down . Quite often it does not go all the way back to where it was .

Any way that's my 14 cents worth . LOL

No sympathy at all for US gas prices! LOL

we are currently paying Cd$1.25 per Litre. If my math is correct that equates to Cd$4.70+ per US gallon, at current exchange that's around US$3.80/ gallon.

We are outside the greater Vancouver area which imposes an additional "transit" levy & can add anything from Cdn 10-20c per litre to that Cd$1.25/ L.

As for the price going up before holidays, of course it does! The gas companies know that more people will be travelling so they use that as a way to increase their profits, they have to make more money! Let's face it no matter what the price we need the damn stuff, so we pay up or don't travel.

As for making a lot of money up here in Canada... :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

It's been creeping up around here in California. It did take a good jump when our illustrious governor 'Moon Beam' Brown decided to add 12¢ a gallon tax so we could have money to fix our roads which have been becoming 4x4 country over the last 10 years. That's his excuse. And the price per gallon jumped 25¢ at the pump. But we all wanna know what the 'H' they did with all the tax money that was supposedly ear marked to use on infrastructure to begin with... Talk about a rip!! Californians always get the short end of the stick when it comes to gas prices. We already pay 35-40¢ more per gal than the rest of the US because of the mandated 'ADDITIVES' which probably cost the refineries penny's per gal.. It's enough to piss off the pope....!!!

They gotta pay for their "FREE" healthcare someway...

FREE Healthcare... for which we pay $92/ month (Medical Services Premium) billed monthly & dependent upon one's age & income. (& boy do they get on your back quick if you miss a payment!) Some pay a bit more others less, or nothing. The BC Govmint keeps talking about doing away with the fee BUT it ain't happened yet & nothing supplied via the Govmint is ever FREE.

On top of that $92/ month we also pay $5000/ year extended medical & dental (but that is optional & our choice)