IGNORED

AMAZING GRIP Wrenches ?

GolfVenture

Any opinions on these types of wrenches?

Or which ones are good ones at a good price?

https://wiki-store.com/collections/house/products/amazing-grip

They are all trash. Too big and bulky to fit against flush heads and usually not enough swinging room to use them. They would not be my first tool of choice. Maybe pack one in the saddle bag and hope not to have to use it on anything.

If your intrested in a adjustable wrench the knipex pliar wrench is absolutely amazing! Comes in multiple sizes also. Adjust the jaws to the approximate size of the nut then squeeze. The jaws move in a parallel motion to be able to apply major torque.

:sign yeah that:

I have a complete Knipex set. Pricey but completely worth every penny.

If your intrested in a adjustable wrench the knipex pliar wrench is absolutely amazing! Comes in multiple sizes also. Adjust the jaws to the approximate size of the nut then squeeze. The jaws move in a parallel motion to be able to apply major torque.

Okay, this dude aint lying!

I'm looking at the Amazing Grip very closely indeed and I cant say that it looks like a quality tool. I dont know but I strongly suspect it's made in China based on the visual impression of build quality and fit/finish. Most of my tools are Snap-on, Matco and MAC with a smattering of S&K and OLD craftsman. A tool must last forever and work perfectly, NOTHING less is acceptable.

Many years ago I bought a Knipex Cobra after watching a 250+ lb salesman place it on a folding table cross bar, step onto it and bounce his weight as it did not budge. This is not a vice grip, its only a slip joint. I guess ya had to be there, I was deeply impressed and paid the premium for it on the spot. I have been regularly using and abusing this Knipex Cobra for over half my life and it has not lost any function or gotten even a little bit sloppy. It looks very well used, and it is, but works just as it did the day I bought it.

I just looked them up on Ebay, my Cobra is an older generation, looks a little different, perhaps less attractive. If the newer ones are half as good as this old one you cant go wrong. I see 3 pc sets on ebay for about $80, it sounds expensive but for what you get it's well worth it.

I just had to relay my fantastic experience with the Knipex pliar. My other slip joints are Snap-on, Blue Point, Channel lock and Craftsman and none of them can hold a candle to my Knipex. They are nice but the Knipex is a cut above. It is hands down and by quite a margin the finest built and functioning slip joint I have ever had in my hand.

I give the Knipex 5 stars and I'm not easy to please when it comes to tools. Highly recommended.

I'm going to have to take a look at those Knipex pliers. I have a couple different sizes of the RoboGrip pliers from Sears and like the concept. The work fairly well but do not allow the torqued that a couple of you ascribe to the Knipex tools.

I picked up a set of these in SAE and one in metric. I keep the metric set in the fairing console of my Venture along with a folding set of hex keys and a 6 way combination screw driver.

https://www.autozone.com/wrenches-pliers-and-cutters/wrench/duralast-2-pcs-sae-ratcheting-wrench-set/951643_0_0

https://www.autozone.com/wrenches-pliers-and-cutters/wrench/duralast-2-pcs-metric-ratcheting-wrench-set/951644_0_0

I'm sure the wrenches are available from other sources but I get the employee's discount at AZ so...

Edited by luvmy40