IGNORED

Missouri

snyper316

Missouri, according to Jeff Foxworthy: If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Missouri. If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't even work there, you may live in Missouri. If you've worn shorts and a jacket at the same time, you may live in Missouri. If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Missouri. If "vacation" means going anywhere North of the Missouri River for the weekend, you may live in Missouri. If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Missouri. If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Missouri. If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, you may live in Missouri. If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Missouri. If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both doors unlocked, you may live in Missouri. If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Missouri. If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in Missouri. If the speed limit on the highway is 70 mph -you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Missouri. If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Missouri. If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you may live in Missouri. If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Missouri. If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Missouri. If you actually understand these jokes, repost this so all of your Missouri friends and others can see, you definitely do live - or have lived - in Missouri

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Missouri, according to Jeff Foxworthy: If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you may live in Missouri. If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't even work there, you may live in Missouri. If you've worn shorts and a jacket at the same time, you may live in Missouri. If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Missouri. If "vacation" means going anywhere North of the Missouri River for the weekend, you may live in Missouri. If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Missouri. If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Missouri. If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' in the same day and back again, you may live in Missouri. If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you may live in Missouri. If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both doors unlocked, you may live in Missouri. If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Missouri. If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you may live in Missouri. If the speed limit on the highway is 70 mph -you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Missouri. If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may live in Missouri. If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you may live in Missouri. If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you may live in Missouri. If you find 10 degrees "a little chilly", you may live in Missouri. If you actually understand these jokes, repost this so all of your Missouri friends and others can see, you definitely do live - or have lived - in Missouri

Guy from way down south in Missouri talkin' about winter? icon10.png

During my contracting days, I got the opportunity to enjoy the winters in NE, WI, IL, OH, Mid-state NY, PA, MI and Homestead, FL among others. I'll take the tropical weather in Homestead every time. I should have bought a house down there when I was there not long after the crash. Houses were really really cheap at that time.

Guy from way down south in Missouri talkin' about winter? http://www.venturerider.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.png
I used to live in mid missouri and anything mid to Hannibal fits this to a t but so far this year since October I have had bike out maybe 7 days been cold otherwise. Not to mention four legged animals don't know to look both ways before crossing the road...

My dad's family lived in southwest MO, Wheaton, near Cassville. Good memories going to grandpa's dairy farm in the 50's-60's.

Have visited the area a few times now on a bike,,,, WOW are the roads just below great. Nice to visit the memories and ride there.

I bought a 2006 RSTD (like new, 6K miles) out there this summer from a guy in Monett, and my test ride was 200 miles of Missouri and Arkansas western end of the Ozarks. Anytime!

But about 5 years ago, traveling from SC to Branson on Hwy 160 (great road on it's own), at 7 AM was in a convenience store in Doniphan, in line with probably 10 guys, "Amie" by Pure Prairie League came on the overhead.

Probably 7 of the 10 started singing along, out loud, not aware that they were all doing it.... My dad would have done the same. You know you are in Missouri!

Edited by Mike G in SC

I think some good roads are down and around Salem too. Haven't had a chance to go yet but loved taking the 77 mustang II over that way I did most of my growing up down that way. Learned to drive out in the woods but hwy 19 and 68 had some good twisties. Plus all the caves around Salem of course think missouri has a lot of caves in general I have only been in a few one I wouldn't have a prayer to explore further now that I have plumped up.