IGNORED

Ride on and thump?

So i did my own rear tire 6 months back, its been great. I installed ride on with the new tire. I've noticed the past few mornings, its a little cooler now in florida at 5:30 am. The rear tire has a thump thump thump for about the first 100 yards at low speed, the thump lessens then goes away and I don't feel it again the rest of the day. Even after the bike sits for 10 hours outside of work.

Now yesterday it was very pronounced for that 100 yards but again went away. I didn't ride at all over the past weekend. The SO needed my around so I didn't get out. So that is longest the bike has sat in months.

My question is as the Ride on is a liquid can it pool or puddle at the bottom of the tire, especially after a longer period of sitting?

Then redistribute as it moves?

A further point i've been overly sensitive to the quality and condition of my Rides over the years. Even on dirt bikes I could "feel" when something was stuck in a tread or rubbing under the fender. I'm also that way with cars. I can drive a car with the window up and a/c on and "feel" something that is off even when its minor. I've never had brakes pads hit the rotor, never drove more than a few miles with a flat. Or actually went any distance with something not right with out at least doing a temporary fix, until proper maintain could be done. I guess that's why I've never had a major failure, except for bad units from the factory (early 70's GM transmissions come to mind)

I never had that problem with Ride-On, but I only put it in the front tire. They say you need to ride up 5 miles after a treatment so I suppose it might be 'loose' and might settle when sitting for a long period. Maybe you have too much of the stuff in the tire?? Just a thought... I know they changed the formula a few years ago and I did use the original so there may be a difference in viscosity???

Here's another thought... Ride-On is not a total tire balancer, but a fine tuner. Not saying it's so, but anyone using RO to completely balance a tire is using it wrong, and I can see where a lot would be needed. The tire should be statically balanced first, and then the RO added. Now if a tire is out by a couple of ounces enough liquid would pool in one area and probably loose adhesion and drop to the low point in a tire that is sitting throwing it out of balance until centrifugal force balances it again. My 2¢ IMHO??

WOW I was under the impression RO was "the" balance system. I have been using the beads. I know 2 different schools of thought.

In the directions it sez to balance them first and then add the RO. Beads will drop to the lowest point in a parked tire but will move to balance it out quickly due to nothing holding them in place. With beads you don't get the puncher protection you would with RO. Which is the main reason for using the stuff. The fine tuning is an added benefit...

Again this morning it was chilly for florida (58' at 5;30 a.m.) I paid very carefully attention. I back up without power of course about 25 feet along the edge of driveway around her car to the center of the street. I start the bike and felt the "thump" it lasts less than 100 feet not yards, basically two and half lots, before it is no longer noticeable. 100 feet is what about 30 revolutions of the rear tire? So I guess i'm just being to sensitive