IGNORED

New toy in the family.

ragtop69gs

Picked up this gem a few days ago.

It's a 2002 Newmar Dutch Star . Turned 44k miles on the ride home. Cleaner than a 4 year old car! If anyone has unused rv supplies such a 50A shore power cord, surge protector, rv gps let's talk.

ae0528f4614bbb18bebb5c1fb52ee99d.jpgadaff8d10324170e5ac7423a158235d5.jpg4f77f3397ca6ad51eefdc8248243a629.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Picked up this gem a few days ago.

It's a 2002 Newmar Dutch Star . Turned 44k miles on the ride home. Cleaner than a 4 year old car! If anyone has unused rv supplies such a 50A shore power cord, surge protector, rv gps let's talk.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/ae0528f4614bbb18bebb5c1fb52ee99d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/adaff8d10324170e5ac7423a158235d5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/4f77f3397ca6ad51eefdc8248243a629.jpg

573f5c6782018040b39daaea92f6e58f.jpg

:think:,,,, :scratchchin:,,, :confused24:,,, Raggy,, are you absolutely - positively sure your 2nd Gen can safely pull that??? :lightbulb:,,, I KNOW = your getting a new Venture arent cha? This may be one of those applications where the high torque of the new one will really shine!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOWZY WOW WOW WOW = she is a BEAUTY brother!! :ice_congrats-vi6886 to you and that lovely bride of yours as you seek out new adventure and fun in your new coach my friend!! BEAUTIFUL = JUST FLAT OUT BEAUTIFUL!!:sign Rock On:

Edited by cowpuc

Wow!!!! that sure looks real nice.

Kind of narrow though down the center isle I think, and what use are those air-horns, do you have enough air to run them (I think Puc might, but you?) And what's with all the air-conditioners, you planning on having hot stuff in there? and what are we going to do for Maintenance Day, where you gonna park? you not going to SNEAK into Canada with that eh? you gonna be days crossing the border with all that length for them to check out.

Oh well. It'll work somehow.

ENJOY!!!

:think:,,,, :scratchchin:,,, :confused24:,,, Raggy,, are you absolutely - positively sure your 2nd Gen can safely pull that??? :lightbulb:,,, I KNOW = your getting a new Venture arent cha? This may be one of those applications where the high torque of the new one will really shine!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOWZY WOW WOW WOW = she is a BEAUTY brother!! :ice_congrats-vi6886 to you and that lovely bride of yours as you seek out new adventure and fun in your new coach my friend!! BEAUTIFUL = JUST FLAT OUT BEAUTIFUL!!:sign Rock On:

Puc, have you forgotten ! That's why we bought the trike, it has an extra traction wheel for more towing power. [emoji123]

Wow!!!! that sure looks real nice.

Kind of narrow though down the center isle I think, and what use are those air-horns, do you have enough air to run them (I think Puc might, but you?) And what's with all the air-conditioners, you planning on having hot stuff in there? and what are we going to do for Maintenance Day, where you gonna park? you not going to SNEAK into Canada with that eh? you gonna be days crossing the border with all that length for them to check out.

Oh well. It'll work somehow.

ENJOY!!!

I look forward to the first border crossing, at least I'll have a place to sleep while they do their thing. There is sure to be a whole lot of shinanagans occuring in that center isle!

@ragtop69gs

:rotf:,, Raggy,,, :rotf:,,, I showed those pics of your new coach to Tippy,, after a moment of :scared: and :clap2::thumbsup2::dancefool: she did a double take and said,, "wait a minute here,, Jay and Jeannie are the ones that bought that motorcycle tent camper from us aren't they?" = "why yes honey,, they are" = "if I would have known THAT was inside that little trailer I would have never agreed to selling it :Laugh:"

@ragtop69gs

:rotf:,, Raggy,,, :rotf:,,, I showed those pics of your new coach to Tippy,, after a moment of :scared: and :clap2::thumbsup2::dancefool: she did a double take and said,, "wait a minute here,, Jay and Jeannie are the ones that bought that motorcycle tent camper from us aren't they?" = "why yes honey,, they are" = "if I would have known THAT was inside that little trailer I would have never agreed to selling it [emoji23]"

Imagine my surprise when I found that thing in the map pocket!

Don't worry Tippy, I'll still give your camper some luvin too! There's time for both

Very nice! Is it a diesel pusher?

We've been toying with the idea of trading our 5th wheel in for a class A but what we're looking for in features and what's available kinda puts us out of the budget ... WAYYY out! LOL

Yes it is. Cummins 350 ISC. The coach is a 2002 Newmar Dutch Star 4097. We looked at probably 30 coaches before buying this low miles, gently used motorhome. Spent it's life stored in a climate controlled garage when not on the road. We looked at much newer ones that were not this clean. Barely any rust on the chassis or in the engine bay. The interior looks almost new.

We considered going the 5th wheel route but it would have taken a much more $ to buy a truck & trailer. Plus we'd have had to buy a toy hauler to bring the bikes along, or pull a triple. The only toyhauler floor plans we liked were WAY out of our budget. Future plan is to pull an enclosed trailer with a 2 seater convertible and 1 bike.

Congratulations Jay & Jeannie, it looks awesome. Have you given any thought to putting a bike lift on the back of it. If so give me a call. A friend of mine bought a motor home this summer with a great lift on the back and he doesn't want it. Selling cheap.

Very nice motor home! We bought a camper thinking it could be adapted into a toy hauler. Comments from here and others made me understand the frame at the back would not support my 800lb VR. We sold the camper and bought a 2016 Coleman 26' toy hauler. The maiden voyage was to Warsaw, MO (lots of rolling hills) and the Navigator averaged 7 mpg burning the required 91 octane. Frankly, that sucks. I am hoping my 2000 Chevy C2500 will do better when the crate motor is installed. The toy hauler is nice and it fits our present needs with a queen size bed in the front and a queen size roll down in back. We had more than enough room for the VR, a generator and grand kids' bikes.

toy hauler 001.jpg

toy hauler 002.jpg

Geeez! You guys must all have LOTS of money. :mo money::stirthepot:

We discovered you can finance an RV for 10 or 12 years (!). So, we found a toy hauler that was a year old and a couple thousand dollars under book value. Our credit union gave us a 10 year loan for the full amount. Payments are $200 a month and we are paying more each month to pay it off. Full coverage insurance is $117 for six months. Yeah, it's a payment each month on our retirement income, but, our cars and trucks are paid off.

:cool10:

We discovered you can finance an RV for 10 or 12 years (!). So, we found a toy hauler that was a year old and a couple thousand dollars under book value. Our credit union gave us a 10 year loan for the full amount. Payments are $200 a month and we are paying more each month to pay it off. Full coverage insurance is $117 for six months. Yeah, it's a payment each month on our retirement income, but, our cars and trucks are paid off.

:cool10:

Holy Smokes, that's incredible 10-12 years! & Hey! don't get me wrong I'm not knocking it! If you can afford to do stuff like that it's absolutely wonderful! Hope it gives you & your family many years of joy. I sometimes wonder if I'm not far too "careful" with my pension! (after all I can't take it with me can I?)

Hate to think what insurance on something like that would cost us here in BC! Definitely more than $117 for six months that's for sure! :mad::mad:

Geeez! You guys must all have LOTS of money. :mo money::stirthepot:

We sold the house and most of our larger furnishings to be able to afford what we've got and what we're doing. We now take our "home" with us wherever we go! LOL

Some words of warning for anyone ... we bought a roof mounted satellite dish connected with Shaw Direct programming. Worked fine for about 6 months, even in the USA ... then all of a sudden it stopped. Error message was "Receiver has lost satellite signal". The SAT dish was locked onto the 2 Shaw satellites. Since we're down in Tennessee, Shaw would do nothing for us so had to pay a few hundred $$$ to get a local technician to diagnose the issue ... seems the receiver box is the problem. Again, Shaw would not assist other than to say they would ship a replacement to our "home" address on file which of course is now in Vancouver, BC. I told Shaw to cancel our account and I went out and bought a portable dish and receiver and signed up with DISH Network and now have 120+ USA channels plus all local channels which adjust to our location ... all that for about $600 CAD whereas the roof mounted dish cost us close to $3500. Moral of the story: do your due diligence in researching products/services/support when buying a SAT system for your RV as well as where you will or will not get TV reception.

Holy Smokes, that's incredible 10-12 years! & Hey! don't get me wrong I'm not knocking it! If you can afford to do stuff like that it's absolutely wonderful! Hope it gives you & your family many years of joy. I sometimes wonder if I'm not far too "careful" with my pension! (after all I can't take it with me can I?)

Hate to think what insurance on something like that would cost us here in BC! Definitely more than $117 for six months that's for sure! :mad::mad:

We initially financed our 5th wheel over 10 years with a "no payment for 6 months" ... that then allowed us the time needed to sell our house. Once it sold and just before the 6 months were up, we paid off the loan. All it cost us was the interest on those 6 months which wasn't a lot.

Insurance on the 5th wheel is relatively inexpensive ... I'll get back here later with what it cost once I dig the papers out.

In the USA, at the present time, the loan interest on a TT or MH is tax deductible as a second home. I don't know if that will survive the new tax system revision and with the proposed increase in standard deduction it may not matter as the deductibles may not equal the standard deduction.