IGNORED

Looking for venture owners in the S.E. Michigan area

Wingzz

Good day, I'm wondering if there are any Venture riders in SE Michigan that may be able to help me with my carbs, I would like to check the sync on the carbs and do not have the tools or the experience to do it, would anyone here be willing to lend a hand, I'll bring the beer (or whatever )

If anyone is willing and able to lend a bit of time and a hand please let me know when you might be available

Thank you in advance

Mike

83, 1200 Venture

I got a set of gauges and have synced 1st Gens a couple times.. Have only done one 2nd Gen (wassup @mirider ) but, as I recall,, I didnt mess that one up to bad.. Would be more than happy to help you out if ya wanna climb on your scoot and buzz over to the west side Wingzz..

No idea what @MiCarl 's shop charges to sync carbs or, even if they do them (my money would be on them offering this service though) but it may be cost effective and in your best interest to just go ahead and pay for this service even if it's just to get shown how to do it..

Another thought would be to wait till our club President puts on another one of his MD's down in Oberlin Ohio.. I gotta hunch you are actually closer to his place then mine over here on the Lake Michigan shoreline.. Get your carbs syncyed down yonder by some real guru's and meet a bunch of really great club members in the process,, 2 birds - one stone so to speak!!

Well, thanks to Gary, the carbs are synced, they were way out, still think a rebuild will be needed over the winter but it is running much better, also thanks to everyone else that has offered help and or advice, big thanks to Pat O'carroll and to Skydoc for all their help and patience getting this beast running. This site has been a huge help in getting it running, best $12 I've spent in a long time

Reading the tech articles it seems that the diaphragms are available for these old bikes, I would just like to confirm that the ones in the tech article in the first gen thread, the ones on Ebay for $90 I think it was, are the correct ones for my old bike, if so I think I'll go ahead and replace them while doing the carb rebuild over the winter

The diaphragms are easy enough to get to that it is worth taking a look at them before spending money.

It is just the 4 screws that hold the cover on and the diaphragm is right there looking at you. You do not need to pull the carbs, and checking them will not mess up your sync job.

To check then just slide them out and hold up to a light to see if there are any pin holes. any pinholes means to replace them. For temporary you can use a sealant to cover the pin holes.

Each cover has one "security" screw. you can get a set of security drivers from Harbor freight or try to knock the pin out of the center of the screw. I would replace all 4 screws with new Stainless steel hex socket head screws.

Well the Venturerider site attracts some pretty fine people, I had a very nice visit with Mike AKA "Wingzz" Saturday. We got his carbs synced and spent a little time chatting. Hope to do some riding with him in the future and I'm always ready to lend a helping hand !!!!!

Great news, Wingzz! Yes, Gary is a class act person and I am very proud to call him my friend!

Maybe my next venture into the SE Mi area we can meet up! My sister lives in West Bloomfield a couple of miles from Ragtop69GS so I try to make it into the area once in a while...

That would be great, I know Gary was hoping to go for a ride but I kind of ran out of time, but It would be awesome to do a venture group ride up here, in the fall the colors are awesome and we could do a really nice ride up by Traverse city and along the west coast of the mitten