IGNORED

Non bike related tech help wanted, Re: "GoPro"

luvmy40

I just picked up a cheap(retails for $50.00) "GoPro" style camera in a trade. It's NIB and branded CCBETTER. You know the kind, 2"x2"x1" with the waterproof case and all the mounting gadgets. It's suppose to record at 1080p.

Here's the problem. It plays back fine on it's tiny little screen, though the audio is very low volume from the even tinier little speaker. When I plug into the computer and play the stored movie files, the audio is real time but the video is slow mo at 1/3sec(1 second of video takes 3 seconds to play).

I tried transferring the files to the computer hard drive on the logical(to me any way)thought that it was a cable transfer lag or something. It was even worse when played from the computer hard drive. The video was at about 1/5sec but he audio was still 1/1.

Any help from anyone who uses this type of camera? Would recording at a lower resolution help, maybe? The test above was recorded at 1080p.

On the plus side, I was very pleased with the audio performance. I tested it with a ride video with the camera clipped to the head band of a reversed baseball cap and the wind noise was not ridiculous and you could hear my voice quite clearly over the ambient noise even at 55mph.

I picked up one of those out of an electronic 'returns' auction. When you buy any of this stuff there's no guarantee it works... Sorta buyer beware.. I took the gamble because it was dirt cheap and they had a bunch of them and this one looked new in the box.. I charged the battery, and it records OK, but that's as far as I've gotten. Haven't even tried to up load anything. Although the zoom in and out buttons on the side seem to be critical to how the body is aligned in the case. Mine also came with two backs. One for waterproofing, and the other to allow better audio. Sounds like your audio and video are out of sync, like the audio is stuck in slo-mo. On mine there's a ton of menus and sub-menus. Maybe?? you have something turned on or off somewhere??

I did a little research and found my problem is probably due to trying to run the raw file on an older computer with windows Vista.

It plays fairly good on a newer machine with Win 8.1. No time lag but it's a little choppy. Evidently the raw video file(.MOV or .MVI) needs to be rendered to a better format for computer playback and uploading to youtube or the like.

I down loaded the free version of Lightworks to play with.

I did a little research and found my problem is probably due to trying to run the raw file on an older computer with windows Vista.

It plays fairly good on a newer machine with Win 8.1. No time lag but it's a little choppy. Evidently the raw video file(.MOV or .MVI) needs to be rendered to a better format for computer playback and uploading to youtube or the like.

I down loaded the free version of Lightworks to play with.

Hmmm, I'm surprised the raw video isn't mp4? Quicktime MOV files are a form of Mp4 but with a different header...which is slower than the latest mp4 codec.

But yes, you need a decent video card/processor combo to play HD movies. The newer 6th generation and up Intels do very well. I recently purchased a Dell i-5 from Costco for ($499) which isn't a fast machine but plays HD files easily.

The raw file should not need to be rendered to play back on a newer type machine. Check your settings on the camera. I prefer shooting at 720P 30 Frames per second. It is real HD just like 1080I but far easier to handle. I like how 720 progressive plays motion so much better than 1080.

720p should be one of the choices on your camera's recording format. I'll even take 720p60fps before I take 1080.

Check out the camera and try 720. Also, see if there is a codec for a straight mp4. Let me know what you find out and I'll see if I can help.