IGNORED

Daymaker styled headlight installation

Big Runt

Want to install a daymaker styled headlight on my 05 midnight venture. Only video I saw on YouTube was by a French rider who bought or crafted mounting brackets. Video was not very helpful. Has anybody done this install and have details to help a brutha? tia.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I purchase it and had to fabricate it to fit. But wasn’t hard. Cut away excess parts, drilled and tapped 3 holes.

Hi, I buyed the same adapter, but i dont know what pieces cut to fit it... Can u upload more photos of your adapter, please? if you do, that help me a lot!!

Hi, I buyed the same adapter, but i dont know what pieces cut to fit it... Can u upload more photos of your adapter, please? if you do, that help me a lot!!

I did did mine using the picture above. The next time I have mine apart, I will take more pictures.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Last year I installed a Vision X LED headlight (like a daymaker) using the stock RSV adjusters by basicly breaking out glass from the stock light so I could drill out the spot welds on the brackets attached to the bucket. I then replaced the bucket with a 7 inch jeep/truck bucket by pop riveting the brackets on to it. Now I have a 7 inch LED headlight that mounts in the stock place with the stock adjusters. So all I did really was change the Yamaha bucket to a 7 inch Jeep/truck bucket.

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0364(1).jpg

Yep, thats pretty much what I did, used a dremel cutoff wheel, well about 20 of them, to cut thru the tac weld on little brackets, then drilled and poprivited to new ring that came with lite. Had to cut alittle off outer fairing behind headlite chrome ring. I maintained both stock adjusters. I just tied that extra wire that lites ring to pass lamp hot after switch.

Craig