IGNORED

Bike weight trade?

I love my 99 on the road.it is a terrific bike.I traded a magna for it. My christian motorcyclists of which I have been a member since 2001 now has a chapter here in denton.I got the touring bike because the magna only had a 100 mile tank range.They wouldnt want to stop for me every 75 miles for me to fill up most likely.I have owned 4 ventures.But my riding is not riding like I had imagined it would be.I have always preferred 600 pound bikes.Most of them have a 140 mile tank range which has always served me well. There is not a cruiser i have not owned.shadow,valkyrie,vulcan,bandit,volusia,virago,cb 4s,and all of them fit my needs except the poor tank range for the magna.That is also why I avoided bikes like the 883, the old intruder 800 and 1400 because of limited tank range.But I need to trade this bike for one that meets my riding style.The venture is 10 times more bike than the magna in so many ways, but it is just too heavy when most of my riding has become intown.I live in denton texas.Input appreciated.

I love my 99 on the road.it is a terrific bike.I traded a magna for it. My christian motorcyclists of which I have been a member since 2001 now has a chapter here in denton.I got the touring bike because the magna only had a 100 mile tank range.They wouldnt want to stop for me every 75 miles for me to fill up most likely.I have owned 4 ventures.But my riding is not riding like I had imagined it would be.I have always preferred 600 pound bikes.Most of them have a 140 mile tank range which has always served me well. There is not a cruiser i have not owned.shadow,valkyrie,vulcan,bandit,volusia,vira go,cb 4s,and all of them fit my needs except the poor tank range for the magna.That is also why I avoided bikes like the 883, the old intruder 800 and 1400 because of limited tank range.But I need to trade this bike for one that meets my riding style.The venture is 10 times more bike than the magna in so many ways, but it is just too heavy when most of my riding has become intown.I live in denton texas.Input appreciated.

Few ?'s for ya...

1. Riding mostly 2 up or 1 up .

2. Any long distance, multi day trips coming up and if so, 2 up or 1 up.. Also, if so,, will you be pulling a trailer?

3. Inseam of rider and approximate payload being carried (people and gear).

4. Preference to wind protection = wind shield, fairing or none?

5. Performance wants/needs = you good with putsying or do you miss the GET UP AND BOOGY of your Magna?

6. Budget?

Do you prefer the feet forward position of a cruiser or would a sport tourer meet your needs? Suzuki Vstrom comes to mind if you like the "adventure" bikes. BMW R 1200 RT is a great touring bike if you like the upright seating position and it isn't that heavy.

I love my 99 on the road.it is a terrific bike.I traded a magna for it. My christian motorcyclists of which I have been a member since 2001 now has a chapter here in denton.I got the touring bike because the magna only had a 100 mile tank range.They wouldnt want to stop for me every 75 miles for me to fill up most likely.I have owned 4 ventures.But my riding is not riding like I had imagined it would be.I have always preferred 600 pound bikes.Most of them have a 140 mile tank range which has always served me well. There is not a cruiser i have not owned.shadow,valkyrie,vulcan,bandit,volusia,virago,cb 4s,and all of them fit my needs except the poor tank range for the magna.That is also why I avoided bikes like the 883, the old intruder 800 and 1400 because of limited tank range.But I need to trade this bike for one that meets my riding style.The venture is 10 times more bike than the magna in so many ways, but it is just too heavy when most of my riding has become intown.I live in denton texas.Input appreciated.

Have you looked at a BMW 1200RT? Sounds like something along that style would fit your needs better. Triumph may have some options as well. While I am not a fan of steering folks away from the Yamahas, both of those are pretty sweet bikes. The BMW is probably over 200 lbs lighter than our Ventures and has a longer range between fuel refills with some really nice features.

If you can get your head around it, then a Spyder has all you want. Better range than your friends, comfort for 1 or 2, maneuverability, low maintenance, no weight issue, very spunky, protected and has a dual height windshield, but,,,, does leave the others behind in the corners, yea I said that right!. But like I said, you've got to get your head around it, but once you get used to it, it's a dollar to a donut that you'll wonder what took you so long. Do get a 14 or newer though. And oh ya, it's doesn't fall over at the gas pumps.

IMG_20150919_115447_073.jpg

If you want a cruiser, the VStar 950 Tourer gets 50 mpg's, has a 4.5 gallon tank and weighs 650 pounds. I found it to be a great cruiser if you changed out the seat. Needs a lot more padding. I added a Mustang seat, but it pushed me to far forward....not comfortable. I added Vance and Hines pipes, but my better half thought it was to loud on the road, so they came off as well. Rick Butler did my original seat and did a great job. Though he didn't like what little the factory had in here. I sold her last month stock with the exception of added lights and an extra large Clearview with vent...and some lowers. Both helped cut the turbulence one gets from a cruiser.

Brakes, acceleration and handling were fantastic! It's a good stock bike to buy and customize. The only issue is check thoroughly to make sure the belt tension is not to tight. When rear tires are replaced, most dealers put the belt on to tight causing main drive bearing failure. I did my own. Taking the wheel off was "easy peasy".

I recommend that scoot. Any questions, feel free to PM me....

20170804_074424.jpg

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110671

If you want a cruiser, the VStar 950 Tourer gets 50 mpg's, has a 4.5 gallon tank and weighs 650 pounds. I found it to be a great cruiser if you changed out the seat. Needs a lot more padding. I added a Mustang seat, but it pushed me to far forward....not comfortable. I added Vance and Hines pipes, but my better half thought it was to loud on the road, so they came off as well. Rick Butler did my original seat and did a great job. Though he didn't like what little the factory had in here. I sold her last month stock with the exception of added lights and an extra large Clearview with vent...and some lowers. Both helped cut the turbulence one gets from a cruiser.

Brakes, acceleration and handling were fantastic! It's a good stock bike to buy and customize. The only issue is check thoroughly to make sure the belt tension is not to tight. When rear tires are replaced, most dealers put the belt on to tight causing main drive bearing failure. I did my own. Taking the wheel off was "easy peasy".

I recommend that scoot. Any questions, feel free to PM me....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110672

I take this as confirmation.That bike is my number 1 choice.I owned one long enough to trade it for my 2001 venture.A trade i should never have made.It was even the same color as the one you show here.It fits my each and every need.I will perservere till I get another one.If you know anyone wanting my bike it is a great one.

Ron,

Wish I had known...I would have been happy to sell her to you! Great scoots for sure...

I do miss that bike....but couldn't afford to keep 3 scoots on the road....trying now to get down to just one. Sigh. In retrospect, I probably should have sold the 89 VR and kept the 950!

Edited by videoarizona
add

Ron,

Wish I had known...I would have been happy to sell her to you! Great scoots for sure...

I do miss that bike....but couldn't afford to keep 3 scoots on the road....trying now to get down to just one. Sigh. In retrospect, I probably should have sold the 89 VR and kept the 950!

they are plentiful here.But thanks for the idea you gave me.

If I remember correctly, the 950 vibrated at interstate highway speeds and I read the same thing when a magazine compared it to a Vulcan. The Vulcan vibrated less.

It didn't vibrate...it buzzed!! Around 75mph. Feel it in your feet. V-Twin....

But it was a high revving motor...so 75 mph was nothing for it....around 4300 rpm. Red line was 7500rpm if memory serves.

After reading of the fun Vaz had on his 950 thru the years and not being one to be out motored. If I were you and I am understanding all this campfire chat correctly I would just have Tippy drive me over to this guys house and drop me off. I would ring the doorbell and have $2200 in cash in my hand when he opened the door. If he said no, I need the other $300 I would smile and pull the rest of the cash out of my back pocket because, in my line of thinking, $2500 is a very good price for an 80 inch cruiser that appears to be almost totally stock and isn't even broken in yet.. I am very opinionated I know but that is my opinion.

The End

except I forgot to show you the bike I was talking about: https://centralmich.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-yamaha/6343292491.html

It didn't vibrate...it buzzed!! Around 75mph. Feel it in your feet. V-Twin....

But it was a high revving motor...so 75 mph was nothing for it....around 4300 rpm. Red line was 7500rpm if memory serves.

It's a V=Twin,, it's suppose to do tha

After reading of the fun Vaz had on his 950 thru the years and not being one to be out motored. If I were you and I am understanding all this campfire chat correctly I would just have Tippy drive me over to this guys house and drop me off. I would ring the doorbell and have $2200 in cash in my hand when he opened the door. If he said no, I need the other $300 I would smile and pull the rest of the cash out of my back pocket because, in my line of thinking, $2500 is a very good price for an 80 inch cruiser that appears to be almost totally stock and isn't even broken in yet.. I am very opinionated I know but that is my opinion.

The End

except I forgot to show you the bike I was talking about: https://centralmich.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2007-yamaha/6343292491.html

I agree.Perfect for me.18 more hp than the 950.Just enough power.None here for 2500.At least 3500.

If I had any form of my spark of yesteryear left I would go look at the 1300,, if, in my judgment it was as new or very close to it, I would buy it and head to Texas with a clean title.. Strap on the tent and put Tippy on the back to help hold it down, meet you some where close to "40" , trade you for your Venture, slip our gear on the Venture and head for California via the Luguna Burger place in Albequrkee... :big-grin-emoticon:

I like scootin around the country on two wheels and seeing what kind of mischief I can get into...:missingtooth:

It's a V=Twin,, it's suppose to do tha

And vibration is why I decided long ago not to buy another V-twin and because they are usually underpowered. Make mine a smooth powerful 4 (or 6). Although, I would love to ride a 90 degree V-twin V strom and the boxer twin BMW R1200RT to check them out. I think I might like those.

If I had any form of my spark of yesteryear left I would go look at the 1300,, if, in my judgment it was as new or very close to it, I would buy it and head to Texas with a clean title.. Strap on the tent and put Tippy on the back to help hold it down, meet you some where close to "40" , trade you for your Venture, slip our gear on the Venture and head for California via the Luguna Burger place in Albequrkee... :big-grin-emoticon:

I like scootin around the country on two wheels and seeing what kind of mischief I can get into...:missingtooth:

Not sure what this post means.Do you have a 1300 you want to trade for my venture? If so let me know please.ronbayless57@gmail.com