IGNORED

Slip on exhaust question

So whats the easiest slip on exhaust to install on an 05 RSTD? Is there one where you take the stock ones off slide on the new ones using all the stock mounts etc? and which one's do you all suggest, I like loud but want them to sound really good, not just loud, or just really good....Thanks

No. Ran like a top to 50,000 miles. I pulled them off when I traded it in on my new one and put back the original mufflers. Sold them to one of our members and I'm pretty sure he's still running with them. I did repack them before I sold them as I was planning on putting them on the new bike but went with Harley take offs instead.

On my 07 RSV I take them off and on with the seasons. I have a set of Harley slips ons. Someone here made brackets at one point. what you'll need is a pair of clamps for the front

the P clamp has to be big enough the holes will accept whatever size bolt goes into he back of the slip on. then clamp around the rear support rail for the rear bags. it was easy.

I have Bubs mufflers on mine with Harley fishtail tips. Takes a little effort to install the Harley tips but the mufflers are bolt on. The mufflers have fiberglass packing which does burn out in time but is easy to repack or run without if you like.

I have LA Choppers on my 2009 RSTD. they are a perforated tube inside that I wrapped.

Very easy to install, all brackets are on the pipes, straight plug & play after removing the old ones.

Sound growly (there are a few You Tubes out there) but not too raucous I'm thinking of putting the stock ones back on as Leo's around here are starting to be silly about loud pipes & the courts are saying "if the police SAY it's too loud then it IS too loud" no measurements are needed. All done on a leo's word.

I take these are the ones you are talking about? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baron-4-2-4-Nasty-Boy-Slip-On-Mufflers-Chrome-Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-99-10-/191277266700

do you need to order the exhaust tips? or does it look good just the way they are....Thanks

i had the tips on all the time so I can't really say whether I would have like them without. They rotate via a set screw so you can direct them to any angle you want

Is this really how its suppose to look after installing the Baron 4-2-4 slip on's? The clamp is exposed and looks really bad the pipes won't slip on any further due to the heat shield welded right at the edge where it should slide under.

20171013_192545.jpg

20171013_194333.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...