IGNORED

New Goldwing

etcswjoe

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wait,, I typed the above before I pushed play on the vid.. The bike showing in the post is not the one in the video ad,, now I wonder what the bike in the post pic is of,,,:think:

I presumed the one there is a picture of before the video starts is some special cost variant or some-such. I suppose we'll know more soon.

I presumed the one there is a picture of before the video starts is some special cost variant or some-such. I suppose we'll know more soon.

and thanks for replying to that R,,, for a minute there I thought I was seeing things,, hallucinatin images of cool scoots as it were...:big-grin-emoticon:

It was at that facebook link that was posted. I watched. it was 30 minutes of Honda sales guys talking to some local dealers and showing a few videos they will use for future media spots. Just the Goldwing and bagger models we've already seen. Nothing about the new Valkyrie. Claimed 20% better gas mileage with new engineering. Thats always a good thing for a touring bike. As well as better performance and handling. 8 year warranty. 3 year full factory, and 5 more available extended warranty.

Its on the regular web page now. msrp base model $23,500

https://powersports.honda.com/2018/gold-wing.aspx

Edited by RandyR

Indeed,, just caught the unveil in California.. WOW = nice scoot!! Here is a link to the new video release = definitely a step in the right direction and then some IMHO... I cant wait to see the specs on this new 4 valve motor. They said they dropped over 90 pounds off the total weight = would LOVE to calculate a HP/weight ratio!! Could be really interesting!!!!

https://powersports.honda.com/2018/gold-wing.aspx#

It was at that facebook link that was posted. I watched. it was 30 minutes of Honda sales guys talking to some local dealers and showing a few videos they will use for future media spots. Just the Goldwing and bagger models we've already seen. Nothing about the new Valkyrie. Claimed 20% better gas mileage with new engineering. Thats always a good thing for a touring bike. As well as better performance and handling. 8 year warranty. 3 year full factory, and 5 more available extended warranty.

Its on the regular web page now. msrp base model $23,500

https://powersports.honda.com/2018/gold-wing.aspx

Type wayyyyy to slow these days!!!:big-grin-emoticon:

Wowzy is that sharp IMHO,,, just noticing it's a square motor = 73x73mm bore/stroke.. Pretty cool.. Have always heard that being a square if your a motor is totally different that being a square when we were in High School = it's actually considered really neat for some reason.. Ahhh oh,,, think I feel another debate coming on with @Flyinfool :big-grin-emoticon:

I think I will take the platform on this debate that a square motor, plus it being a flat 6, is actually the best design possible in an engine,, could be fun!!!!!!! :witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew:

Ya know,,probably sounds like some kind of paranoia but I am not so sure I like the looks of those little linkages that connect the bars to the steer neck.. Looks like a lot of pivot points for potential wear if a person when off roading some = wonder what would happen if one of those little bars got a little play in it... :think:.. I am kind of use to having my bars connected directly to my forks and forks connected directly to the front wheel :hihi::stickpoke:

HOLYYYYYY CRAP!!! I Love that ride!!!

Just watched the vid. WOW! Did I hear them say 7 speed transmission?? And, automatic clutch option. Crazy! Apple Car Play?

Wow! Honda gave us what we were looking for from Yammy.

Big Lenny

Right there with ya brother,, almost like they snuck into our 3rd Gen request area and read our play book or something.. Matter of fact, after watching the unveil I had to come back to the club house here and check the sign on the front door to make sure I was entering the right place = thought for sure I was gonna read something like "WingRider.org" on their or something :missingtooth::mugshot:,,,,,,, opppppsss = gotta tack on another 6 months probation for that one:big-grin-emoticon:

Yea,, nice scoot!!

You see that recent teaser about the new Kawasaki Len? Looks like maybe someone may finally start toying with some boost? I think it said something about a November release... Something else to look forward to but really,, I think this one has the potential to be hard to beat.. I suspect the Kawi will be belt drive and, personally, I would rather see shaft driven on an out and out full touring scoot..

What say you brother?